Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
aberafik
MURDER SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS Murderd Out
Send a message via AIM to aberafik Send a message via Yahoo to aberafik
Talking Tips and Tricks on buying a New Camaro SS for 30,000, My Story.

I'm 25 years old half middle eastern and half Italian. All my life I was driving 4 cylinder buckets. My friends always laughed at my no power champagne color Nissan Altima. Alot of times I go to the dealerships and see if I could get myself any car that is better then what I have. I didn't have the down payment or the credit to get any car. But I still went to the dealerships. When the Dodge Chargers came out, I knew I have to buy a American Muscle Car. One day few years back I went to the Dodge dealership. They laughed at my Nissan saying "let's get you away from that piece of junk" the sales guy laughing. Then when it was time to do the paper work after the test drive as usual I didn't get approved. Drove off sadden and heartbroken. So I finally saved up some money towards the down payment for a car 13,000 dollars. I always wanted to buy a Dodge Challenger SRT-8 for the longest time. I only feel in love with that car by looking at the pictures and compared it to the Camaro, Which I didn't like at the time. I didn't like the Camaro because it didn't look good to me by looking at the pictures, I never seen a Camaro in person, and I was telling everyone Dodge Challenger looks way better. So I went to Dodge in the following weeks. I saw a Beautiful Black SRT-8, I always wanted my dream car to be black on black like the bat mobile. I went and saw the Sticker price. 52,450. I said to myself I can not offered this even if I put down 13,000. I waited there for a few minutes and a sale guy came up to me. I asked him if I could test drive this. He looked at me and saw all my tattoos and said no, They do pre approve first then they will let me do the test drive. He gave me his card and walked away to help a family looking at Vans. So I went off to the Chevy Dealership to look at cars maybe a truck or Camaro. As I pulled in the Nissan a Chevy sales guys came to my car and asked if I was ready to have my life changed. As I walked to a 2010 Camaro SS Black, I fell in love with her. Saw her beautiful black face, Her beautiful bootie, Her 20 inch rims. Her mean look. I feel in love at first sight, I knew this is my dream car. I looked at the sticker and I saw 37,000. I said to myself I can probley afford her, Even with bad credit. The sales guy told me this is the 2SS model with the extra add on's. I'm a person that doesn't buy anything on the spot, I had to do my research first. When I went home for 3 weeks straight I done my research and I also found out that the Camaro is faster than a Challenger. I told myself why would anyone spent 18,000 dollars more for a slower car. So the next few days I'm getting closer to buy this car, After doing my research I found out the tips and tricks on buying this car at invoice. And here is the tips and tricks I want to share with you guys.

I paid 30,336 for my SS, I put down 13,000 as a down payment. I went for the 1SS trim, don't go for the 2SS, it will cost extra 4-8 g's. Go with the cloth interior, Also when you're ready to buy go to Chevy.Com and Inquire on purchasing the Car. And also do this on the last week of the month. You will have all the dealers call you from your local area, Calling you and emailing you for a test drive. And when they call you make sure they are internet sales person and tell them that another dealership is offering same car at invoice and see if they can match that. Once they say yes, you get the persons contact info, Then you go on the last few days of the month. The things are in your favor are.

1. Buying the car online, You have competition prices, All dealers compete against one another, They all have different owners. You have more purchasing options.

2. Talking to the internet sales person, there commission is different than a commission of a regular walk-up car salesman, If you can get the Director of internet sales, it even better for you, They care about bonus compared to commissions.

3. Go on the last days of the month the dealers will give you the car away almost for free, They need to hit their quota and they can make a 20,000 to 50,000 bonus just of one car they sell that reaches the quota of the month.

I got my black Camaro SS my dream car for 30,360 and everyone says I have a 50-60 thousand dollar car, I tell them no, I spent only 30 thousand and 1 thousand on upgrades. This car changed my life I'm single so the ladies are coming for me in line after another. I also lost weight because of my car, I can't be a fat kid driving a Camaro, aka the BatMobile
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
You Da Man!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Awesome!
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
You do have some good pointers, but honestly, the base 1SS car MSRP is $31,795 so getting one for $30,336 isn't really a stretch. The difference in price between the base 1SS and base 2SS is only $3,000. IMO, it's well worth it. Congrats on your new car though.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Wilder
Synergy Green <3

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
yo thats a nice novel you wrote there :p lol. and i do agree with the cloth interior

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4383&pictureid=93296
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
I know one of the many dealers that post here will be by through to set you straight. But they have pretty strict pricing. You might be able to pull that silliness where you live but here the sticker is the price. You might be able to get a few discounts on USAA or other deals, but you're not getting 30K for a 1SS in most places across the country.

I saw ONE 30K 1SS and it was a non-RS absolute base model (basically an LS with an engine upgrade). Nothing included, nothing fancy. I couldn't get them to come down below the $30,000 and change they wanted. I went to a handful of dealers (6 or so in all) and they all have specific numbers they need for the car regardless of quotas.

So, this might work for a BFE dealer... but not in any rural area. Dealers have standards too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
You do have some good pointers, but honestly, the base 1SS car MSRP is $31,795 so getting one for $30,336 isn't really a stretch. The difference in price between the base 1SS and base 2SS is only $3,000. IMO, it's well worth it. Congrats on your new car though.
Sticker price for a 1SS here is around 32K (non-RS). For an RS it's 33k or more. 2SS's go for 36K+ BIG difference here and probably most of the country (based on national averages). One of the main reasons I went with a 27K LT model (with a ton of upgrades).

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #7
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I have to agree with JUISSD, for the added extras you get on the 2SS, it was totally worth the extra for me. When I bought my 2011 2SS/RS, I ended up getting it for $750 below invoice, so I can't complain!

Congratulations on your new car tho! Awesome ride!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
JUISSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Sticker price for a 1SS here is around 32K (non-RS). For an RS it's 33k or more. 2SS's go for 36K+ BIG difference here and probably most of the country (based on national averages). One of the main reasons I went with a 27K LT model (with a ton of upgrades).
So basically you're agreeing with me lol.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Good work, car looks great
TRC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 PM   #10
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
So basically you're agreeing with me lol.
No, I was saying that 2SS's go for more than what you were quoting. 2K more on average with as much as 38K for a 2SS/RS (I've seen 44K for them, but that's just damn silly). That's a significant difference between the 1SS base model. But I do agree with you that if you can afford it, the 2SS is well worth the price.

Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
JUISSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
No, I was saying that 2SS's go for more than what you were quoting. 2K more on average with as much as 38K for a 2SS/RS (I've seen 44K for them, but that's just damn silly). That's a significant difference between the 1SS base model. But I do agree with you that if you can afford it, the 2SS is well worth the price.
I said the BASE 2SS is $3,000 more than the BASE 1SS, and it is. The cars you're seeing going for more are cars with more options than the base cars. Like mine for example. My point was you don't have to spend $4,000-$8,000 more to get into a 2SS like the OP stated.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #12
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Ummm here in south Florida I purchased a 2011 1SS for $28,596. That was before my trade was factored in and included taxes and all that blah blah blah stuff. Good deals can be found, just depends on how much of a tightwad your dealer is. If I'm not mistaken most dealers make a good chunk of their profit off of trade ins. Don't ever bargain off of the "sticker price (or MSRP)" cause you will be spinning your wheels. Most places will sell you a car for 3-6% over "DEALER INVOICE". There is a difference between MSRP and Dealer invoice you just have to do a small amount of homework to figure it out....
ss=scuba steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
I said the BASE 2SS is $3,000 more than the BASE 1SS, and it is. The cars you're seeing going for more are cars with more options than the base cars. Like mine for example. My point was you don't have to spend $4,000-$8,000 more to get into a 2SS like the OP stated.
It's more like $4,000 here (difference between 1SS/2SS)... is what I was saying... $8,000 for the RS (comparing 1SS to 2SS/RS). So those numbers are fairly accurate. But then of course the numbers change when you include the 1SS/RS into the mix. I don't think the OP was referring specifically to those packages or not, but that's how it is here. To break it down:

1SS - $30,000 - $32,000
1SS/RS $32,000 minumum (upwards to $34,000)
2SS - $34,000
2SS/RS - $36,000 minimum (upwards to $44,000)

I did the RS package on mine so if I wanted an SS I'd want that for sure. So I'd be looking at a 4K difference between 1 and 2's. Depending of course where I went. I could spent $10,000 more for the 2SS/RS. Which is an absolute joke if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss=scuba steve View Post
Ummm here in south Florida I purchased a 2011 1SS for $28,596. That was before my trade was factored in and included taxes and all that blah blah blah stuff. Good deals can be found, just depends on how much of a tightwad your dealer is. If I'm not mistaken most dealers make a good chunk of their profit off of trade ins. Don't ever bargain off of the "sticker price (or MSRP)" cause you will be spinning your wheels. Most places will sell you a car for 3-6% over "DEALER INVOICE". There is a difference between MSRP and Dealer invoice you just have to do a small amount of homework to figure it out....
For your dealer that was probably their cost. Which is a pretty good deal. In my search and speaking with a handful of dealers, there was not a 1SS to be found in any neighboring states (or here).

Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
No IO interior available on the 1SS, plus leather looks and smells better imo so thats why I went with the 2SS.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote