Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #1891
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Started getting parts in and mocked up my new supercharger bracket I'm making. It has a smaller footprint in the engine bay and moves the head unit back 2.5", making room to run a 4.5" intake pipe to help the supercharger breathe easier. Getting measurements right now to see what intercooler I can use, but looks like I will have plenty of room behind the passenger side fog light with this setup.

bUt tHE SS guYs ALl ruN 3.5" oR 4" inTaKEs anD It'S "MoRE THAN ENOUGH"

Anyway. I totally dig it. You think on an N/A V6 it would be worth running a 3.5" intake and MAF housing combination vs stock (3"?)?
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #1892
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
bUt tHE SS guYs ALl ruN 3.5" oR 4" inTaKEs anD It'S "MoRE THAN ENOUGH"

Anyway. I totally dig it. You think on an N/A V6 it would be worth running a 3.5" intake and MAF housing combination vs stock (3"?)?
For the charge pipe it is, but for a centrifugal supercharger inlet it is not, especially when you start spinning them to 50,000+ RPM.

Depends on the size of the throttle body, would go with what it is. I would have a 4" air filter tube feeding the 3.5" MAF tube though. I had very good airflow with the IPF air intake tube feeding a 3" tube, my intake manifold pressure was +2 PSI. With a 3.5" tube and 3.5" air filter and cams, I was at -2 PSI.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #1893
MagnumForceGB

Well, my supercharger build is on hold indefinitely. I still plan on rebuilding the engine but for NA only. After saving up the money and seeing that it would cost 4k just to hope the transmission won't break again going for 10's, I decided to spend 5k for a 800 hp pack on my 5.0 and running 9's. It is the brand new Vortech V3 JT Trim, capable of over 1000 hp. If I ever upgrade to the V7 YSi Trim I may revisit this supercharger build and throw the JT head unit on it, but for now the goal is to run 12's without a power adder.
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 PM   #1894
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Wondered if you would ever decide to add to the Stang instead of your Camaro. Financially it seems to make so much sense, and all you can do to get it below 10's seems like it would be much simpler and safer. Not a Ford person myself but much respect for most any cool ride no matter the manufacturer. Hope you continue to let us know how things are going on both cars as I'm sure many of us would be interested. Especially if you still plan on rebuilding that engine with your father. It would just be a shame to see this thread die out as you've been at it so long and 12's NA is still impressive in a 2010 Camaro. GL with whatever choices you make and happy racing!
Old 10-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #1895
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Wondered if you would ever decide to add to the Stang instead of your Camaro. Financially it seems to make so much sense, and all you can do to get it below 10's seems like it would be much simpler and safer. Not a Ford person myself but much respect for most any cool ride no matter the manufacturer. Hope you continue to let us know how things are going on both cars as I'm sure many of us would be interested. Especially if you still plan on rebuilding that engine with your father. It would just be a shame to see this thread die out as you've been at it so long and 12's NA is still impressive in a 2010 Camaro. GL with whatever choices you make and happy racing!
Thanks, definitely plan on rebuilding the engine with my dad still, something I am looking forward to. I just won't be doing the rest of the stuff, the Air to Water intercooler and secondary fuel pump with a purge can.

I have taken what I've learned the past 5 years of this build and applied some of it to my new one. The PCV system was the big one, the stock Vortech system was horrible, under boost the passenger side would not vent at all.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #1896
MagnumForceGB

Unfortunately during Hurricane Florence a tornado spawned and hit my dads house, so he had to use up a lot of his vacation time to get it repaired, then he got the flu so he had to take more time off. Now if he got out here he would only be able to spend 1 day then drive back, so he is going to hold off until June when he can be out here almost a whole month.

So the plan is now that I will take the Camaro engine apart, see if it needs new pistons or not. I will be replacing the bearings and rings though, I know those will be worn. Once that is done I will be buying forged rods and pistons for the 5.0 that can handle 1000 HP and I will rebuild that engine with my dad. Then put the 3.48" pulley on that one and run low 9's, or be too scared to drive it.

If I have to replace the pistons in my Camaro, I probably will go forged because I might still put the supercharger back on with some stuff I've learned from the 5.0.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #1897
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Become more of a lurker. But this thread...wow.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:06 AM   #1898
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Become more of a lurker. But this thread...wow.
I'm getting ready to order all the parts to finish the transmission rebuild and start the engine rebuild, but this government shutdown has me waiting.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:45 PM   #1899
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I'm getting ready to order all the parts to finish the transmission rebuild and start the engine rebuild, but this government shutdown has me waiting.
Hey man always have been a inspiration for my car and keeping the motor stock and pushing the limits!!! I am gonna get that 10 on a sealed motor. Nice to see you have another car you are having alot of fun with! just thought I would stop by and say HI!

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #1900
MagnumForceGB

Got my Hypereutectic pistons with forged rods now. Need to get the bearings and the crankshaft put of my engine, then get everything balanced. The pistons have a bigger ring land so that should help it handle a maxed out V3. I had to stick with stock compression though, so that is the downside.
Attached Images