Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
enroberts

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS Camaro M6
TR6060 finally snapped main shaft

My 2010 (very early VIN) has 25,000 miles and this weekend my TR6060 main shaft snapped. I figured it would eventually happen after hearing of this common issue in the early cars. I'm putting about 600 rwhp out so I guess it was inevitable. Either way, it still sucks! The car is obviously out of warranty due to the year so I guess this one's on me! Plus it's modified so even if it was within 5 years they'd probably tell me to pound sand even thought GM knows this was a problem.

LS3 | Magnacharger 2300 supercharger | ZL1 fuel pump | FAST 65lb injectors | 3.4" pulley | JRE belt tensioner | Elite RX clean/dirty side catch can system | CAI | Magnaflow Exhaust | Monster Clutch LT-1S twin disc | Tick remote clutch bleeder | DSS Carbon Fiber DS | DSS 9" rear with 3:70 Wavetrack gears | DSS 1400HP axles | Pegasus CNC stainless steel trailing/tow arms/solid subframe connectors | Hurst short throw | JBA mid pipes | Bosch wide-band O2 sensor | Innovate Motorsports LC02 wide band controller | Innovate Motorsports Air/Fuel/boost gauges | Baron Concepts center speaker gauge pod
enroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 AM   #2
Ledzepx

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 6sp.
Ouch! That does suck. Seems like GM would tell you to pound sand either way. If they aee one small mod thats it. They tried that when I bought mine used. Modified exhaust was throwing codes. They said I modded and I just bought it. Should them my warranty and then they kept there mouth shut. Hooe you get back on the road soon.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:31 AM   #3
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Just part of the deal that comes with heavily modified cars. No free lunch.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
Thoke

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss 6.2 manual
I had the same thing happen to my 2015 camaro 2ss I bought brand new in 2015.

My CV shafts snapped about 3 times on each side, and every time one would snap right at the rear end, and then the other would snap at the wheel.

GM flagged my warranty and said it was abuse, this occurred around 60k miles on the car. I tried telling the dealer there was something wrong with my rear end and I kept hearing noises, but the dealer refused to look at the rear end. about 6 months later, the spline goes out in the rear end. and now my power train warranty is flagged.

did you ever figure out what caused this in yours?
Thoke is offline   Reply With Quote