Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
My new Camaro

Drives: 2500 hd
yeah because i have to for my company. i would drive a car everywhere if i could
My new Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
At 5' 10" you're not going to have to worry about fitting into a lotus, you'll be quite comfortable actually.

It really is about what kind of vehicle you're looking for. Do you want a powerful car that scares people when you start it up? or do you want a little car that can zip around through traffic?

As gatorblue said, any accident is going to seriously screw you up (not to mention the car). You may also want to check on insurance rates as well.

The low top speed should really not be an issue unless you plan on racing at the track. How often do you find yourself driving over 147 MPH? That being said, don't you want to take your car down to the track and show a Mustang or two what your made of?

If you're into modding, you'll have a lot more fun with the Camaro as well.

Finally, the Camaro has history and camaraderie while the Lotus is more of a solo car

If you really need one more reason... well, you get more metal for your money with the Camaro.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Ahh well if you want a small car thats very sporty and you are looking into a lotus, a porsche cayman S is in the same price range. i can tell you the car is sexy and handles like a dream. its my dads car however until i get my camaro it is what i use when i go to sebring, daytona and savannah for a weekend of track fun.
its about the same weight as the lotus (i think) is more roomy and the 2009 model has a DI flat 6 with 320 horsepower. the cayman is nowhere near as fast as a camaro in a straighline (5.1 0-60) its easy and fun to work on AND its often called the best handling porsche ever (that means alot just in case)
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #18
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by My new Camaro View Post
im very close to jumping ship on my 2ss someone help.
I can't help you, Lotus Elise's are amazing cars. I've ridden in one but never driven one. They are still in production and they meet us safety requirements for production cars.

Basically, take every stereotype about sports cars you can think of and magnify it by 10 and decide if you can live with that (both the good and the bad). These are 800-900 lbs lighter than a Cayman (just short of a ton less than an SS). They have about half the power of the SS but since it's nearly half the weight so it works out. From my brief experience, it's not a relaxed driving experience- you twitch your mustache and you start to turn so prepare to feel caffeinated ALL THE TIME. (edit) Honestly, as I thought about it more- as impressive as this car is, it may literally be the second worst daily driver in America. A Camaro should in theory be a fine car to drive on a daily basis.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #19
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
do you have any idea how fast you'd die if you ever were hit by a drunk/incompetant driver??
I'm 5'8 and I even had trouble getting in and out of that thing... It does stand out in a crowd no doubt and feels like a Go-Kart.. Yeah, that's me below..

Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #20
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
They use Toyota engines...
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Always been a fan of the Elise, but for a daily driver it's just no bueno.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I'm 5'8 and I even had trouble getting in and out of that thing... It does stand out in a crowd no doubt and feels like a Go-Kart.. Yeah, that's me below..

So nothing about dieing ehhh
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #23
gunslinger

Drives: 1998 Z28 M6
All I can say is 90 degree turn at 60 MPH!

One of the most fun cars I have had the chance of every being a passenger in!
Old 02-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by My new Camaro View Post
im very close to jumping ship on my 2ss someone help.
Do you plan on driving it every day? I've heard that Lotuses (Loti?) aren't well suited to North American roads. Stiff suspension and no weight to soak up bumps. But if you're looking for something to play around with on weekends it won't be that bad.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote