Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
Ex-Cobra Guy

Drives: 2013 CTS-V Wagon & 2010 SS (hers)
Ex-Cobra guy!!!!!!!

O.K. guys and certain girls who want Pink Camaros, here it is, my first post.
After "trolling" for several months, I finally decided to say something, and it's in regards to the headlights.
Am I the only one that happens to like the cover car of last months Road & Track magazine. I really like those headlights opposed to the "halo" that everyone is raving and begging for.
Also, Scott (FbodFather), please refer to the attached pics from that "ragazine" and please, for the love of an Ex-Cobra owner put the SS grille and center rear SS emblem on the car. The quad exhaust also looks insane. This is the way I WANT my car to look like.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
uh-oh...Shunt might get a roommate....
Old 06-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
well it's been say 10 minutes since he posted that? I think Shunt already has a trunkmate!

I heart halo's.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
it does looks nice but the headlights on the mag just dont do it for me. i do like the ss emblem in the center though. it makes it stand out more.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Cobra Guy View Post
After "trolling" for several months, I finally decided to say something, and it's in regards to the headlights.
Am I the only one that happens to like the cover car of last months Road & Track magazine. I really like those headlights opposed to the "halo" that everyone is raving and begging for.
Also, Scott (FbodFather), please refer to the attached pics from that "ragazine" and please, for the love of an Ex-Cobra owner put the SS grille and center rear SS emblem on the car. The quad exhaust also looks insane. This is the way I WANT my car to look like.

lemme see -- owned a Cobra -- and now a Toyota --

.........hmmmm............
Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
those headlights were photoshopped to be a lot nicer too. I do like the SS in the middle. couldnt you change that yourself?

nothing compares to the beauty of halo's in my opinion, but i would have been happy with whatever.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
Ex-Cobra Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Bee '77 View Post
uh-oh...Shunt might get a roommate....
Help! Let me out of this trunk!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:59 AM   #8
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
I think those fake headlights look fine...However...the halo's look better.
the halos make the car look a lot more organized, the others kinda make the car look somewhat thrown together. (Guess that'd be true if the car actually got those headlights, considering they were taped/velcro'd on)

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
Old 06-30-2008, 06:11 AM   #9
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Cobra Guy View Post
I'm quite sure you can get aftermarket the SS emblem and whatever light assembly look you want given some time for the Camaro to saturate the market as the Mustang mod dept. has. I didn't like that particular Road and Track photochop.. There are many other chops in this forum that look nicer in my opinion. If I were you, buy a black V6 (since you seem to like this front bumper..the V8's is the same as in the silver proto-types in the homepage) SS emblem is easy to find already and a simple mod to the exhausts could get you four, however getting a new rear bumper might be necessary.

Personally when I first saw that road and track photo, I disliked it. The lights look really bad in my opinion. It's as if the guy took a photo of the pre-production SS that went around "The Ring" and left the pre-pro headlights almost intact for the picture.. The white racing stripes they added look ugly in my opinion and not a good photoshop person did this as they are not reflective. (They look spray painted on). The silver around the tail lights look tacky and needs to be all black if that is the color you get in my opinion. Overall, if you buy a stock V8 SS, it should look a lot nicer than this off the lot..
Old 06-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
lemme see -- owned a Cobra -- and now a Toyota --

.........hmmmm............
Doesn't say much about his taste does it.....
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Now now everyone, we have to be kind to everyone -no matter how misguided they may have been in their automotive purchases. The guy has seen the light and wants a new Camaro and thats all we care about.

That being said, I'm sure that you could customize your Camaro to look like that photoshop.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Tough crowd, LOL. At least it was a Cobra and not like a GT or something. Come on! That car was way faster than LS1 Camaros, and had to potential to go so much faster with way little $$$.

I didnt have too much a problem with the proto' headlights. If I didn't see the halos on the Concept, I wouldn't have cared too much, but alas... I'm sure there will be aftermarket options available soon after the car is released; that's what the aftermarket is there for.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
:notheadlights:
warn 145:159 ban
Old 06-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #14
Ex-Cobra Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Doesn't say much about his taste does it.....
To Scott and Dan:

If you take another look, you will see that I was making a smart ass joke to the fact that Scott will soon be working for Toyota- The manufacturer of the new Camaro!!!

Todays stock low so far is $10.57

And yes, I do currently drive a Camry, as it is reliable and gets great gas mileage.

Closed Thread