Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #15
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
I think you are both right!

You can read about it here on page 4 of 11 under Suspension of the attached pdf or in the owners manual in section 9 (9-38-9-42) - the pdf piece clearly indicates that when using PTM modes are either in sport or tour for steering - tour in modes 1 and 2 and sport in modes 3-5. When you look at the screen for PTM - mode 5 states "track" which may be even sportier that sport!

This does not make it clear if the "Tour/Sport" button adjusts the steering when in "default" mode, which is what the car is in, with traction control and stablitrak on each time you start your car. But it seems to make sense that it would function and adjust the steering from tour to sport in the default mode to address personal preference, since the steering is a stand alone system.

See attached pdf.

Upon further review of manual - 9-38 - 9-42 - there is no clear written verification one way or the other. I have seen that addresses this issue. What is clear in the manual is your Z/28 defaults to traction control and stabilitrak on everytime you start your car. So unless you hit the traction control button twice and get into the performance menu, you are driving in default mode, which is a safe place to be for the street.

I then pulled my car out and went for a drive to see what I would find. What I found is in "default" mode if you hit the tour button the steering relaxes and if you hit sport the steering firms up. So in "default" mode it appears the button does adjust the steering for personal preference.

When you hit the traction control button twice you get into the performance menu. No matter if the steering was in "tour" or "sport" (whichever button you had light up) the traction control menu always comes in the mode 2 -which has the steering/chassis in tour mode. The "tour/sport" buttons then tranform from adjusting steering effort to simply being a "+" or a "-" as indicated on each button - hit tour/- and you scroll down one mode at a time until you reach mode 1, hit sport /+ and you scroll up the menu one mode at a time until you hit mode 5.

So the tour/sport buttons appear to have two functions - first to adjust steering effort in default mode and second to scroll up and down the PTM mode menu when it is activated by the driver.

In mode 1 and mode 2 - it shows the chassis in tour, in modes 3 & 4 it shows the chassis in sport and in mode 5 it shows the chassis in "Track", which would appear to be the highest steering effort.

But can't be sure unless we can get the engineers who designed the system to weigh in on the various functions. But from a test drive it does appear the steering is adjusted from tour to sport in default mode when you are not in the PTM menu and adjusts in the PTM mode from tour to sport to track, pending which mode you are in.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2014 Z28_new_car features & service guide.pdf (882.6 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Supercup; 03-31-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #16
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
The ride isn’t too harsh but definitely know where you are headed. Big potholes or speed bumps will scrape that front splitter. Get one ... you won’t regret it.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote