Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #155
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
It is the same and Thank You!

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #156
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Camber: -2.3 Do NOT run a strut tower bar, let the car work for you in the turns. If you have one, take it off
Does this apply to the convert also?

-Funk

08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #157
pnyklr

Guess I will go with the factory FE4 bar and mounting hardware for the rear. What about the front?

-Funk

Old 08-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #158
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyDL75 View Post
Hey guys, I just got my Camaro Pace Car Package with ZL1 upgrade installed yesterday. Bruce and all the guys at Raymond's Performance are awesome! They were really fun to work with and I would recommend them to anyone needing modifications. The Pedder's parts are amazing! I have not had time to do any real "tunning" of the shocks, but the setting Bruce prepared is sooo much better than stock! Pete and Deb at Pedder's are great to work with also.

Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure....
(I appologize for the dirty undercarriage, but who really cleans under there anyway??)

These are fantastic photos. Thank you for posting them

I have been holding out some information regarding the Z style bars for the 5th Gen.

#1 The efficiency of the rear droplink is dependent on the drop link orientation to the lower control arm. If the droplink is not straight up and down it impairs the efficiency of operation.

#2 The Pedders rear Z style bar is adjustable in function though the bushes on the droplinks. Inserting one softer bush per side to replace the supplied high durometer bushes softens the bar a bit. Two soften it more. If the change in pairs of bushes is too great you can change only one side.

#3 Pedders Z style drop links can be adjusted in height to account for variation in ride height due to corner weighting.

#4 We have sold pallets of our new style bars. We received some negative feedback from clients looking to run larger than 11" wide rear wheels or Corvette rear wheels with drag radials. We listen to our clients and swapped out a few of the Z bars to inboard 32mm bars and links. We have not revised the Pedders Z style bar to fit up to 11.5 wide rears and the Vette wheel and drag radial.

Clearance at full droop is the key. At normal ride height increases. This shows the clearance of the most popular drag rear wheel and tire setup.

#5 The only Z style rear sway bar that can accommodate Pedders Supercar Remote Reservoirs are Pedders Z style bars.

And now you know the rest of the story
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #159
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Oops, never did post a pic of mine... better late than never...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #160
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Does this apply to the convert also?

-Funk
With a convert I'd leave that badboy on. It's there to help make up for the lack of a top.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #161
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Guess I will go with the factory FE4 bar and mounting hardware for the rear. What about the front?

-Funk
If your not going to see any track time I'd go with the 1LE Bars. I have the parts numbers for what you need. It will be all you need and much cheaper than going with the pedders kit. That 32mm rear bar is unnecessary for a daily driver.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #162
JusticePete

OE is nice. Pedders is BAD Fast.

Handling is as addictive a crack cocaine. You may start with a little, but you are going to end up wanting mare. We sold out of ZL1 style rear bars so fast I still am shaking my head. Our first order should have lasted a year. Why, becuase handling is addictive. Enough is never enough.

Do it right. Do it once.

I understand everyone does not want or need a full Justice Suspension. I also understand that with a little planning we can start out with some key Justice components and add more later without spending money twice to upgrade the same part. Sways are a perfect example. FE3, FE4, FE5 doesn't matter. If you are upgrading bars, do it once with the best bars available for a 5th Gen.

FYI: GM has been using Gingerman for years. They brought the 1LE there for the press. We put down a blistering fast lap time with the Pedders Camaro in 2010 with John Buttermore driving. GM is still chasing that fast lap along with everyone else.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #163
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Pete, I am thinking of the Pace Car package for a 2012. How is the ride on freeways and rural roads as a daily driver? I want to do it right the first time, certainly want to be faster than a Boss 302 at the track, but the wife needs to be okay with the ride when were taking a trip up to Lake Tahoe or down the Pacific Coast Highway.

Last edited by Cuda7050; 08-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #164
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
Pete, I am thinking of the Pace Car package for a 2012. How is the ride on freeways and rural roads as a daily driver? I want to do it right the first time, certainly want to be faster than a Boss 302 at the track, but the wife needs to be okay with the ride when were taking a trip up to Lake Tahoe or down the Pacific Coast Highway.
This reflects poorly on me. I have spent too much time at the track and in the shop while not keeping up with C5.

The Pace Car Package was originally named the Becky Package. We did Becky's first Pace Car with these parts and she has loved driving it, even in the brutally rough streets of the Detroit Metro area. The we did a Pace Car install for Chevrolet at the Milford Proving Grounds, became a GMPP vendor and GM asked us not to favor a specific Chevrolet Dealer. We renamed the package, but I still favor Becky and the Rodgers Chevrolet TEAM.

Have you ordered your Pace Car Package?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #165
JusticePete

Bump for IPT
Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #166
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
OE is nice. Pedders is BAD Fast.

Handling is as addictive a crack cocaine. You may start with a little, but you are going to end up wanting mare. We sold out of ZL1 style rear bars so fast I still am shaking my head. Our first order should have lasted a year. Why, becuase handling is addictive. Enough is never enough.

Do it right. Do it once.

I understand everyone does not want or need a full Justice Suspension. I also understand that with a little planning we can start out with some key Justice components and add more later without spending money twice to upgrade the same part. Sways are a perfect example. FE3, FE4, FE5 doesn't matter. If you are upgrading bars, do it once with the best bars available for a 5th Gen.

FYI: GM has been using Gingerman for years. They brought the 1LE there for the press. We put down a blistering fast lap time with the Pedders Camaro in 2010 with John Buttermore driving. GM is still chasing that fast lap along with everyone else.
Oh F$$K yeah...very true! I thought maybe the Street 1 kit and sways. Then I figured I might as well lower my SS while in the shop. Now I think my wife will be getting me all of the bushings I need for Christmas. At least then, there won't be anything left to buy/install from Pedders suspension-wise.

Do it right, Do it once
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #167
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Oh F$$K yeah...very true! I thought maybe the Street 1 kit and sways. Then I figured I might as well lower my SS while in the shop. Now I think my wife will be getting me all of the bushings I need for Christmas. At least then, there won't be anything left to buy/install from Pedders suspension-wise.

Do it right, Do it once