Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Beach dude

Drives: Soon to be 2SS
Question Pre-delivery inspection form

If you've ordered your Camaro (as opposed to buying one off of the lot), does the dealer go through each of these punch-list items in your presence, or is this done before you arrive to take delivery?

http://www.gmhouston.com/pdi/2010Camaro.pdf

Note that your signature is required at the bottom of the form that the inspection actually took place.
Beach dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
We PDI the car when it comes off the truck and then put it on the lot to be sold. All it wants is the techs sig and the managers sig at the bottom. I check everything off if I look at it or not. Generally it doesn't pay too greta so we put the plate brackets, hub caps, antennas, fuses, and set compasses to read proper zones. If there is an issue, WARRANTY. Its our annoying gravy work.
So, if the car is actually LOOKED AT, you won't know unless you request them to do it infront of you like I did.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
MONTANACARGUY

Drives: CHEV TAHOE CHEV IMPALA 69' COUGAR
All of our PDI work is done prior to delivery to the customer. I have had customers request to go on the initial test drive with the tech just to make sure how its driven.
MONTANACARGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
If you know when your Camaro comes in ask the service manager if you can be present for the inspection. You really wont see much though.