Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #183
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccb1975 View Post
I was in the same situation helldafiel. I had no chance against the green joker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yeah I think Mike (blue Camaro ) and the Joker was the fastest.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #184
2010 CamaroSS

Drives: Camaro SS
I'm naturally aspirated and ran against a supercharged SS on drag radials 3 times in a row, I was 312 he was 404. Each pass we kept getting lower and lower times. The last pass he ran a 12.5 and I ran 12.7. The way I look at it its all in good fun, theres no money on the line so just go up and run your car. I had a blast doing the drag and I was stoked that I kept up with that supercharged SS on drag radials, we were giving each other thumbs up on the return road.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #185
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That guy never ran in the wrong class. The number was 300 series but he was in the computer correctly and ran correctly.
If that is the case, then I was wrong and stand corrected and I apologize for bringing it up.
Having said that,why not just correct his number on the car and then it removes any possibility of even appearing like things are not on the up and up?
Again, I am sorry I misjudged the situation. Mea culpa. I was wrong, and I apologize for it.
(Not so) faSSteddie
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #186
BEaSSy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Great time and had a blast!!

Had a great time dragging those cammed and supercharged folks (some not all) in 300 class with my little bolt-on car #313....It's all in fun anyways...if you are one of those folks I'm just joking with ya... .but it was fun..lol All joking aside it was a lot of fun and to my knowledge no one got hurt....that's what it's all about.. FUN!!
Old 08-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #187
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 CamaroSS View Post
I'm naturally aspirated and ran against a supercharged SS on drag radials 3 times in a row, I was 312 he was 404. Each pass we kept getting lower and lower times. The last pass he ran a 12.5 and I ran 12.7. The way I look at it its all in good fun, theres no money on the line so just go up and run your car. I had a blast doing the drag and I was stoked that I kept up with that supercharged SS on drag radials, we were giving each other thumbs up on the return road.
Enjoyed those runs. You run very well. Took me the whole 1,320 to catch back up to you.
Not my best launches, just wanted a few runs in before it got too hot without breaking anything. I've broken drive train parts twice before launching hard. So was very happy to be able to drive it home afterwards.

Enjoyed the track much more Saturday. I couldn't get any traction on Friday.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #188
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwolcot2 View Post
Signing up for drag racing is BS! Some people have to work! Get here at 12:30 on Saturday and still want to charge $100? Get out of here. I would have paid $50. $100 for the 2 days is fair but geeze work with the people that can't be there the whole time. Why would anyone pay $100 to run for the last 3 hrs with apparently crappy track prep. It is cool too see all the cars and people as this was my first camarofest, but if pricing stays like this it will be my last.
This pricing structure isn't new for Camaro Fest.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #189
2010 CamaroSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Enjoyed those runs. You run very well. Took me the whole 1,320 to catch back up to you.
Not my best launches, just wanted a few runs in before it got too hot without breaking anything. I've broken drive train parts twice before launching hard. So was very happy to be able to drive it home afterwards.

Enjoyed the track much more Saturday. I couldn't get any traction on Friday.
Thanks! Same to you, I felt the same way and I ran my best time on Saturday. we passed each other on the way back home too. I was trailering the grey Camaro with the black silverado. I gave you thumbs up right before we hit that traffic. All in all it was a great weekend and I had tons of fun doing NCM road course, drag, and autocross!
Old 08-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #190
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That guy never ran in the wrong class. The number was 300 series but he was in the computer correctly and ran correctly.
Mlee,

What happened to you calling Peter at the autocross track to tell him to send over the two guys in the autocross finals so they could drag in their class. Seemed to forget about them cause the call never came.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #191
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Will there be pics of the winners or a list of them with their usernames?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #192
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Had a GREAT time as usual participating in the Bracket Racing on Friday and the Modified class competition on Saturday! I think the problem with trying to have a bunch of different classes is some of the classes would only have 3-5 cars, if that. Not much of a competition with those low numbers.

Here is a video of Mike and I's final run. Awesome race all the way down to the end!

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #193
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post
If that is the case, then I was wrong and stand corrected and I apologize for bringing it up.
Having said that,why not just correct his number on the car and then it removes any possibility of even appearing like things are not on the up and up?
Again, I am sorry I misjudged the situation. Mea culpa. I was wrong, and I apologize for it.
(Not so) faSSteddie
The classes were already setup in the computer and it can get real messy trying to change a number at that point since you have to go back to the root. There were actually a couple more as well and we stopped calling cars by the numbers and just used the class name. Some folks didn't really understand the questions at tech or thought their car was stock because it came from SLP, but had a super charger on it. We are getting better at this each year by keeping things simple, but still not perfect yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwolcot2 View Post
Signing up for drag racing is BS! Some people have to work! Get here at 12:30 on Saturday and still want to charge $100? Get out of here. I would have paid $50. $100 for the 2 days is fair but geeze work with the people that can't be there the whole time. Why would anyone pay $100 to run for the last 3 hrs with apparently crappy track prep. It is cool too see all the cars and people as this was my first camarofest, but if pricing stays like this it will be my last.
We do run for $50 on Saturday and you probably hit the gate just before that call was made. I wish I could have taken care of that for you but was unaware. Also another guy that came in around the same time as you paid $100 and didn't get any runs due to Class Eliminations going on so I refunded his money. I think we will stop selling driver wristbands after noon in the future as the track is full at that time and AutoX is not available either. Probably worked out best for you anyway except for getting pissed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
Mlee,

What happened to you calling Peter at the autocross track to tell him to send over the two guys in the autocross finals so they could drag in their class. Seemed to forget about them cause the call never came.
The call was made w/ no answer. I hoped you guys would hear the tower call out the class and make your way over. Pretty sure we will have to make adjustments to instructions next time to ensure folks do one or the other on a particular day. Some drag classes will be moved to Friday to ensure an equal split and participants can choose to AutoX one day and Drags the next. Sorry the tight schedule didn't work out in your instance. Comms were not great over to the autox group.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #194
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Coms were not good much of anywhere. Especially with the car show located where the racers needed to be set up to have the best chance of hearing announcements. Lots of folks, myself included got messed up.

Also what happened to having a driver's meeting like we had in Indy? With so many rookie drivers, several events at once & difficulty in communications a meeting would have helped. The schedule did not say when time trials or qualifying would be scheduled and that would have helped. It also seemed like the track staff were in too much of a hurry and rushing to start each new session without giving folks time to make their way over. I have been to events there when there were a ton more drag racers & at those events they do have to hustle to get everything in. But with our fewer drivers, they could have cooled their heels a little giving time for everyone to get word it was time & to get over there from wherever they were.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 08-09-2015 at 10:39 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #195
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 CamaroSS View Post
Thanks! Same to you, I felt the same way and I ran my best time on Saturday. we passed each other on the way back home too. I was trailering the grey Camaro with the black silverado. I gave you thumbs up right before we hit that traffic. All in all it was a great weekend and I had tons of fun doing NCM road course, drag, and autocross!
Wow, you got a lot in. I can't do the track thing with drag radials. Maybe someday will have space for a trailer and truck to pull it.

Sorry, didn't recognize the camaro only going 70. Thought I would be with you all the way to Dayton, but I jumped off the highway when the traffic stopped as I know the side roads in Cincy. Don't like being stopped on highways, and it happened to me going down there Thursday. Hopefully will meet again,....Going 120 down a track.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #196
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Have a power adder class and put all the supercharged(factory or not)/turbo/Nitrous v8 cars in it.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote