Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #1
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Ordered but no TPW yet...is this normal?

Hi guys. My order has been picked up and confirmed by GM according to my dealer but they haven't gotten a TPW number yet. I had made a change to my order and it's been 10 days since that. How long should it be before they assign a TPW? I don't want to hound my salesman to keep checking, but I just want to make sure everything is done correctly. I think this is the first car he's ever ordered and he's a friend of mine who just started working at this dealership.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Les, look at the list of status codes in the first post in the tracking thread, then ask Becky what your current status is (you'll need your order number).

According to that list, TPW is "usually available" at 3300.

Edit: D'oh. It's the status request thread. This one: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251

Last edited by FlightSoftware; 01-14-2016 at 10:37 AM.
FlightSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
As things settle down, 3300 for TPW becomes the norm. Sometimes a TPW will come up at 3100. The days of a TPW at 3000 should be in the past.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Got my tpw at 3400
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #5
laborsmith

Was that for your Corvette Glen?

As with everything involved in the ordering process, there are few hard rules. I am thinking the only hard rule is a dealer has to have an allocation to place an order. There may be another one, but right now I can't think of one.

I also find interesting that a dealer can enter an order and get an order number knowing they will never get an allocation for that order.

Laborsmith
Old 01-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Yup, via the dealer site and I agree, matching the prod slot with the order is the only hard and fast rule I can think of.that, and dealers lying that they have a slot open.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:42 PM   #7
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
I would get my order # and ask Becky to check the status for me. If you are still at 1100 then the Dealer doesn't have an allocation for the order yet, if it's above 1100 then you should be good to go.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #8
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
Les, look at the list of status codes in the first post in the tracking thread, then ask Becky what your current status is (you'll need your order number).

Edit: D'oh. It's the status request thread. This one: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Thank you Flight and everyone else...you guys are great!

Things got a little crazy with work so I'm just getting a chance to circle back to this thread and just texted my friend who's the salesman about that order number. Since I made that change with him over the phone, I never got the revised paperwork back from him. I have my original sheet at home from when I placed my deposit but I'm not sure if that's going to have the same order number or not?

Hopefully I'll hear back from him today or before he goes off to some training thing in Houston on Saturday. I'll regroup on this when I have it so i can figure out where my new wheels are
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:11 PM   #9
moonrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post

As with everything involved in the ordering process, there are few hard rules. I am thinking the only hard rule is a dealer has to have an allocation to place an order. There may be another one, but right now I can't think of one.

I also find interesting that a dealer can enter an order and get an order number knowing they will never get an allocation for that order.

Laborsmith
I agree.
The dealership (manager) I ordered my car from lied to me about having an allocation. I ordered on Dec 14th and they just got an allocation on Jan. 14th
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:46 AM   #10
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrider View Post
I agree.
The dealership (manager) I ordered my car from lied to me about having an allocation. I ordered on Dec 14th and they just got an allocation on Jan. 14th
I ordered, or at least I thought I did, on 18 December and I don't have an allocation from the dealer yet. I'm still stuck at 1100. It's frustrating.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #11
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post

Laborsmith
I am not defending dealers here but in most cases they don't out and out lie to the customer about allocations. In my case I was not aware of the influence the dealer allocation has on the ordering process. My dealer would not have informed me that my order is waiting on an allocation except I began asking pointed questions after learning more about the process on this forum. I think that happens a lot. The dealer did not lie, but they certainly did not tell me the whole story either. Then I got the run around and felt like I was getting stiff armed about information I feel I am entitled to. I've kept notes on every interaction. It shouldn't be like this. You can bet this will reflect in the post delivery satisfaction survey from GM.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:24 AM   #12
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post

When I asked the dealer about the status of my order I initially got a vague explaination that didn't mean much. They did not give me an order number much less a four digit code or explain what any of that meant. In fact, I explained these to the sales person and asked him provide the order number and follow up on the status. That is when the GM contacted me. I still didn't get more than a vague explanation. So, I have been getting the order status myself from Chevrolet.com via the chat function. I was initially not aware of the issue with allocations and that didn't get addressed until I asked pointed questions. Reading this forum has helped me understand the process. Still, I am not impressed with my dealers reaction to my polite inquiries that became professional but direct as a result of their Aztec suntan dance performed when I asked questions about my order. Is it too much to expect to be given information that would enable me to make an informed decision? It seems like expecting the whole story is expecting too much.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #13
laborsmith

For the most part, yes it is too much to ask. The reason is simple: well over 95% of new Chevrolet cars sold are sold from dealer stock. There are some dealers who are willing to go through the ups and downs of doing a SRE (customer) order, but they are very few and mainly found near company hq buildings and final assembly plants. Dealers have learned the one in hand is worth two in the bush lesson. As many members of this forum have noticed, the ordering process is not straight forward nor is it in any way transparent.

Laborsmith
Old 01-17-2016, 11:32 AM   #14
booger78z28

Drives: Waiting on my Hyper '16
I got my TPW @ 3000..just 2 weeks ago..
12/10/21 bought a Silver Ice 2SS 6 speed with 40k
booger78z28 is offline   Reply With Quote