Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #15
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
A TR6060 is a TR6060, the only differences between the two are mainly gearing
o2camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^thanks.

That's what I was thinking also.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 AM   #17
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
The first item i will get is the LS9. As i have said it will take time and money that does not grow on trees. Plus the time this should take will also give me the chance to see if any one els attempts to do the same thing and learn from any mistakes they might have. Plus this is going to be a one time shot for me and if i blow it it will be a done deal. So far the added parts I will apply are listed blow.

1. LS9

2. air liquid air inter-cooler

3. Dry sump oil system

4. ZR1 TR6060 components

5. Peters track 2 suspension system

6. Wire harness

7. 6 piston brimbo calipers w/ 14 inch ceramic rotor cross drilled and slotted.
w/ all the $$$$ that will cost why don't you just get a zr1
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:04 AM   #18
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
Ummmmmmm...

because it won't be a Camaro.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #19
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
You can get a screaming fast sports coupe with four seats, IRS, better/more options and near super car performance for less than half the price of a ZR1.

In fairness to you, any of us that choose to go this route (I'm not quite there yet) could possibly double the price of a 2SS. That's one sssssspeeeeeensive Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Ummmmmmm...

because it won't be a Camaro.

And what a sleeper it would be.......
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I am starting to gather information from the LS9 crate engin that GM will offer next year from GMPP. I do entend to get the engin as part of a projet that I will be doing. What els do you sujest i get or change on the car, for this to work right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
you need the intercooler for the LS9. which is air to liquid to air. you also need all of the equipment for the dry sump oil system. you will probably need the internals from a tr6060 from a zr1 so they will have the strength for use with the ls9. the rear end should be fine.
Quote:
The first item i will get is the LS9. As i have said it will take time and money that does not grow on trees. Plus the time this should take will also give me the chance to see if any one els attempts to do the same thing and learn from any mistakes they might have. Plus this is going to be a one time shot for me and if i blow it it will be a done deal. So far the added parts I will apply are listed blow.

1. LS9

2. air liquid air inter-cooler

3. Dry sump oil system

4. ZR1 TR6060 components

5. Peters track 2 suspension system

6. Wire harness

7. 6 piston brimbo calipers w/ 14 inch ceramic rotor cross drilled and slotted.
I'd be careful as to tranny stuff, as it is my understanding (as is most of what I post) that the flywheel on LS9s have 9-bolts, not six, as in LS7s and "lesser" OEM LS-engines. Also, remember that the TR6060 behind engines in 'Vettes are for rear transaxles, therefore the cases are likely to be pretty different than you'd find in a CTS-V and Camaro. My point here, is you'd have to transfer any components you need from a 'Vette tranny to Camaro tranny and such (which could mean you'll need a different input and output shafts as they are likely to be different lengths.) The 'Vette has a torque tube and because of this, and factors above, the hydraulics may be different for the throwout bearing, so be aware of those possible changes too.

The rear end, allegedly, would probably handle the power, at least until you start trying to run on sticky tires. I'm sure there are going to be aftermarket (AM) components that will be offered to strengthen the case and such in the future like the have for GTOs and 'Vettes, but that's something I'd keep in mind.

I'd look into researching the differences in the fuel systems on the LSA/LS9 from LS2/LS3/etc. because the former have dual-mode fuel systems, or two-stage systems that run at different fuel pressures depending on boost, RPMs, load, etc. You may have to fabricate or piece together a fuel system in order to hook up to the fuel rails on the LS9. I'm sure the impedance of the injectors are such that unless you replicate the OEM dual-modes systems you could have tuning issues with getting the PCM to control the injectors correctly. I think I'd just try to replicate...

You could probably run the manifolds right off the crate motor but they probably won't match up to the head pipes on Camaro. You should be able to run V8 Camaro manifolds straight off the LS9 and be good, but you're exhaust will be restrictive, I'm sure. You could find some long tubes (LTs) if you aren't worried about emissions and run an AM exhaust back depending on what you're looking for power and sound-wise.

You'll have to come up with an intake system. From the pictures I've seen, the throttle body is offset to the driver's side a few inches, so you'll likely either have to modify or fabricate in intake system to get it to work.

Whew, that's all I can think to babble on about. This has been fun! I don't think you'll have a problem with under hood fitment since the intercooler and intake manifold are about as low as can be so it should fit better than an LSA assembly could, but that's going to have to be something you find out when you get there.

Good luck - I am SO jealous, but you, and the rest of the warriors out there deserve anything and everything you can get for your service. Please keep us posted on your progress

Be safe :flag2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
You can get a screaming fast sports coupe with four seats, IRS, better/more options and near super car performance for less than half the price of a ZR1.

In fairness to you, any of us that choose to go this route (I'm not quite there yet) could possibly double the price of a 2SS. That's one sssssspeeeeeensive Camaro

And what a sleeper it would be.......

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote