Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #309
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
I'm selling my porter cable if any of you guys on here are looking for one lemme know.

I'll give you an amazing deal!
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #310
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
JM! Witch one is better?
Attached Images

Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #311
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Tuck, duck and cover!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #312
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Well if it were me, I would NOT buy either kit. I would only buy the exact items that I listed in the videos at the beginning of this thread. If you were trying to follow what I did in the videos in this thread, the Chemical Guy's setup at least has the correct pads and polisher, but nothing else. So "I" wouldn't purchase either kit. I would buy exactly what I said to buy in my videos.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #313
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Well if it were me, I would NOT buy either kit. I would only buy the exact items that I listed in the videos at the beginning of this thread. If you were trying to follow what I did in the videos in this thread, the Chemical Guy's setup at least has the correct pads and polisher, but nothing else. So "I" wouldn't purchase either kit. I would buy exactly what I said to buy in my videos.
Got it! Thanks!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #314
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
And Junkman that is exactly what I have done. , You're breaking me man !!haha I have to hide all my stuff from the wife , she would be mad as a hive of bees if she knew what kind of $ I been spending Gary Deans , the 7424xp ,hex logic pad 5.5 with the hook and loop flex , Micro soft towels , etc. But I want to Thank You for your awesome vids, I have watched them all , some twice , and as soon as the weather warms I will be all set to get rid of my swirls and shine that Victory Red ! Very cool of you to make all these vids and take the time to do so.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #315
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
And Junkman that is exactly what I have done. , You're breaking me man !!haha I have to hide all my stuff from the wife , she would be mad as a hive of bees if she knew what kind of $ I been spending Gary Deans , the 7424xp ,hex logic pad 5.5 with the hook and loop flex , Micro soft towels , etc. But I want to Thank You for your awesome vids, I have watched them all , some twice , and as soon as the weather warms I will be all set to get rid of my swirls and shine that Victory Red ! Very cool of you to make all these vids and take the time to do so.
Well I hope you post some pictures in this thread and let me see how much you learned. I have more wives hating me because of all the loot you guys are spending!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #316
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Ship your stuff to work sneak it in little by little.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #317
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Oooohh... sneaky!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #318
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I struggle with getting glass perfect...

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #319
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Oooohh... sneaky!

Last box from Adams came and the wife left me a note on top of it. It read

PRADA

From now on all my car stuff is shipped to the gig.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #320
MBS

Quote:
Well I hope you post some pictures in this thread and let me see how much you learned. I have more wives hating me because of all the loot you guys are spending!
I would be honored to have the king of clean look at the pics , It has been a long cold snowy winter here , And any wax that I had on my car is long gone. I must confess to you that I would take my car to the touchless car wash many times this winter and after the dryer I would take the cheap micro-fiber towels I got from Sam's club and wipe my car down ,AAHHH I was careful and did from the top down ,but after watching your Video of that subject I felt like a dumbass and thus i got swirls , Anyways in a month or so I should be able to get to work and I will post some pics of what a Wisconsin winter did as a daily driver , to what it looks like after closely following "Junkman's" bible of clean!!! I got everything you said on the way,( god I love Amazon /E-bay) got the 7424xp for $113 shipped and found all your products you recommended , I also plugged your name in whenever I could to let these folks that sell this stuff know that YOU were the one responsible for me buying it, Hope they give you some free stuff/$ they should as I bet you are responsible for a good % of their sales . The wife will just have to be mad , A man has to do what a man has to do ! I been married for 24 years so I aint worried about getting cut off haha , Thanks again man , and I will post some pics as I start and when finished I cant wait as Victory red all shined up looks awesome and turns heads everywhere .
Old 04-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #321
MBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
I wish I could , I am self-employed floor installer and work from my house , and to boot she is on disability from 2 hand surgeries and is home all the time . Once in a whle I come home and find the boxes on the porch and can sneak them into the garage where she never goes in ,haha
Old 04-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #322
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
MBS, any time you want to hook talk Camaro's and detail stuff, let me know. I'm a lot closer than AJ, but I think he'll give you my blessings. ;o) I'm in West Allis, near New Berlin. LMK

Besides, then I can show the pic of him and I in the "brutha's garage!"