Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
zaino and xzilon?

I planned on getting both of these when i receive my car, but which would i put on first if i plan on doing both myself?
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I did a quick search of 'xzilon'.

It's a "sealant" I'm assuming.

Personally, I'd stick with Zaino. 'Xzilon' isn't going to prevent scratches, etc., and I don't think it would provide much more, if any, protection versus keeping your car polished with Zaino.

I haven't read up more yet on 'Xzilon', but using Zaino alone, I have had nothing but positive results.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
I would just go with zaino like Moose said.

If its a must for you to use both then I would try use both of them out in different orders to see which ones look better what way.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Duramac

Drives: 2015 SS Camaro
I had Xzilon applied to my Camaro 2 months after purchase. When I purchased the Camaro the original wax the used was great, after rain there was never water marks, no wiping off or anything. After the Xzilon coating the water marks were horrendous and very difficult to remove. As far as I'm concerned the product is a complete waste of time and money and in my case seems to make the paint more susceptible to marks. I went into the dealer and got "loud" in the showroom, got removed into an office and they refunded the full amount.
Work: DMax BLACK '05 LS CC LB, Banks Economind, IQ, Intake, SpeedBrake, Boost Tube, Monster Exhaust, AFE MP, Amsoil & Bypass, VHF Radio, Jotto Desk Laptop command center, Rescue Gear, Lotsa Flashy LED's, Shinny Decals, B&W Turn Over Ball & Companion, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Lift Bags
Play: 2015 2SS RS Camaro , 2014 36' Heartland Warrior Toy Hauler, 2014 Roadking, Kayaks

Duramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #5
Tecca

Drives: ...
You must really like this stuff for bumping a thread that is almost six years old.

When they sell a product called "G-whizz" what do you expect.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
Duramac

Drives: 2015 SS Camaro
Update on xzilon. Crap mate. Got shit on by a pterodactyl and it took a cutting compound to get it off after 2 hours in the sun. Crap mate.
Work: DMax BLACK '05 LS CC LB, Banks Economind, IQ, Intake, SpeedBrake, Boost Tube, Monster Exhaust, AFE MP, Amsoil & Bypass, VHF Radio, Jotto Desk Laptop command center, Rescue Gear, Lotsa Flashy LED's, Shinny Decals, B&W Turn Over Ball & Companion, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Lift Bags
Play: 2015 2SS RS Camaro , 2014 36' Heartland Warrior Toy Hauler, 2014 Roadking, Kayaks

Duramac is offline   Reply With Quote