Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #29
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post

I also don't research other threads when responding to a question, other posts have nothing to do with the question in this post.

You crack me up. Other posts like the OP saying what he has, has nothing to do with this post? Good god man, you're a trip.

It's not my fault that you didn't know what the OP has. I did, and responded accordingly.

If anyone needs to do research on posts it's you, I believe you stated that everything I have ever posted is wrong. I'm sure you have read all 800 plus of them.

This is getting comical. You clearly only read what you want to read. I never said once that everything you have ever posted is wrong; I said I questioned your advice. It's overly apparent in a few threads I've seen you post in that you just can't comprehend/read in its entirety a whole post/thread before you comment.

I have no need to polish my car with toothpaste. I compounded it about 18 months ago, and now I only need to use finishing polish (CarPro Reflect) on a Scholl Concepts Honey pad with my Rupes 21 to maintain the finish and gloss. I guess when you did all your research on me, you didn't read this thread I started.

Christ, you're an idiot. I asked you do to that to an area to prove that it won't mar the finish like I've proven before in the past that it will. Keep on deflecting...

Again I had no way of knowing what the OP has besides Adams Glass Cleaner. I also went least aggressive, which is initially using white vinegar, being mildly acidic. This didn't work, which proved the fact that the defects are not superficial.

You did have a way of knowing, you just didn't take the time to do some research on the OP's threads prior to posting.

I don't make up s!&T as you suggest, and I do not appreciate you implying that I do.

You seem like a person who just needs to have something to say all the damn time, don't you? Right, wrong or indifferent, you can't help yourself.
Summarized the important points. The rest of your response was just fingertip diarrhea.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #30
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-E-YA View Post

This my friend is why you cover your mouth when you sneeze.

Anyway if you get a chance get a toothpick or a ballpoint pin and light run it over the lens and let us know how rough the area is. I didn't realize it was over the entire thing, are their any stains on the bezel as well???

Also knowing that it is on the entire thing you are limiting to how you get them out as the 4" spot pad is out of the question. Which goes back to my original post, I would go with buying some Novus Plastic Polish and see if that will remedy the situation. If not then that drops you to two more options one wetsand or two get yourself a 30mm polisher.

You can PM me if you have any questions and to get away from the war.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:24 PM   #31
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I also don't research other threads when responding to a question, other posts have nothing to do with the question in this post.

You crack me up. Other posts like the OP saying what he has, has nothing to do with this post? Good god man, you're a trip.

It's not my fault that you didn't know what the OP has. I did, and responded accordingly.

You responded accordingly? Your first response was......

Looking at your other threads, I see you have Fine Machine Polish. Use that on a Korean microfiber if you don't have anything else. That should easily take those spots out without incurring any additional marring.

This did not work, as already stated by the OP, Tecca mentioned the Novus afterwards, then you made an additional post claiming your expertise with Novus. If this is the case, why not mention it in the initial post?

If anyone needs to do research on posts it's you, I believe you stated that everything I have ever posted is wrong. I'm sure you have read all 800 plus of them.

This is getting comical. You clearly only read what you want to read. I never said once that everything you have ever posted is wrong; I said I questioned your advice. It's overly apparent in a few threads I've seen you post in that you just can't comprehend/read in its entirety a whole post/thread before you comment.

This is what you stated in response to my post, your words not mine. Which you later deleted from your post.

You said that you now questioned all my posts and that all of them are incorrect, that is what you said, lie if you want to.

I have no need to polish my car with toothpaste. I compounded it about 18 months ago, and now I only need to use finishing polish (CarPro Reflect) on a Scholl Concepts Honey pad with my Rupes 21 to maintain the finish and gloss. I guess when you did all your research on me, you didn't read this thread I started.

Christ, you're an idiot. I asked you do to that to an area to prove that it won't mar the finish like I've proven before in the past that it will. Keep on deflecting...

Why would I polish my paint with toothpaste when I have a Rupes 21 and Reflect polish? That's like suggesting I wear flip flops in the snow when I have a good pair of boots. Who is the idiot?

This thread is about removing spots from a lens, not polishing paint.

Again I had no way of knowing what the OP has besides Adams Glass Cleaner. I also went least aggressive, which is initially using white vinegar, being mildly acidic. This didn't work, which proved the fact that the defects are not superficial.

You did have a way of knowing, you just didn't take the time to do some research on the OP's threads prior to posting.

The other thread was started by the OP after I posted this one. And even though you knew what he had, you could not give a suggestion that actually worked.

I don't make up s!&T as you suggest, and I do not appreciate you implying that I do.

You seem like a person who just needs to have something to say all the damn time, don't you? Right, wrong or indifferent, you can't help yourself.

You don't have 1 single post on this forum that has helped 1 single person with anything, and yet you belittle me when I have hundreds?

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:45 PM   #32
SS-E-YA

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28, 1974 Turbo Nova
Ok guys, that's enough.
SS-E-YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #33
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-E-YA View Post
Ok guys, that's enough.
I apologize for hijacking your thread.

I offered advice based upon what I knew you had to work with. I did my best to help you. I had no way of knowing from the pic the spots were etched. Nor what types of polishes or equipment you own.

Forgive me but I'm not going to sit and let someone make accusations against me that are not true.

That being said, I will not post in this thread again.

I hope you get the issue fixed, and I'd follow what Tecca advised as I have seen in the past solid sound advice he has given on other topics.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #34
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post

This is what you stated in response to my post, your words not mine. Which you later deleted from your post.

You said that you now questioned all my posts and that all of them are incorrect, that is what you said, lie if you want to.
I deleted? :belly roll:

You are something else. You're now trying to put words in my mouth that I never said. The rest of your replies are so ridiculous that I'm not even going to bother trying to again answer because it's clear you just want to see it your way and your way only.

Whatever makes you sleep better bud. Enjoy that fantasy world you're living in.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:19 PM   #35
SS-E-YA

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28, 1974 Turbo Nova
I appreciate everyone's input!
SS-E-YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #36
Steve1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I like the toothpick idea. Use it to get an idea of what your dealing with. Is it etched in? Sitting on top? You should be able to tell running the toothpick over it and maybe try to scrap one off with the toothpick if it's sitting on top...just a thought but that would drive me nuts!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #37
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
i would try some xpel wrap it might cover it up where you would not see it
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote