Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
SSRedTerror

Drives: 2011 Victory Red SS
DMH is not out of business!!!

****EDIT:I got ahold of the owner at DMH. He confirmed that he has been in business for 14 years and doesn't plan to quit anytime soon. He did say he was backed up and waiting on gear boxes (for the cutouts I am assuming). He said as soon as those get here, he has a couple big orders going out and a lot of it is Maryland Speed stuff. He asked me to post on the forums to let people know that he is indeed still in business.

8 and a half weeks ago I ordered some DMH low profile electric cut outs from Maryland Speed. They ask for 4 to 8 weeks to build these things so I patiently waited 8 weeks checking every week for an update. After 8 weeks I messaged Maryland Speed to see if they had heard anything from DMH about being backed up. They said they hadn't heard anything from DMH but that my parts shouldnt be too much longer.

Well today I start digging and keep finding posts from as early as January saying that DMH was closed.

Is this true? If so, why do the businesses that sell their parts not know about it?

DMH's website is still up so I gave them a call but I just get a busy signal.

Sorry if this is a repost but I searched and couldn't find a definitive answer.
SSRedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Hmm that's weird.
I sure hope not, I just had mine installed a few months ago.
I got my cutouts from DMH in 4 days.
Call Bill at B&T Motorsports in Springfield VA, he knows the guys at DMH personally.
703 339 8663
hopefully he can give you an answer
Old 03-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Woohoo!
I love my cutouts from DMH
Old 03-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
jvoisel

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
This is normal practice from DMH. Good product, but service sucks.

They have a good warranty, but getting something warrantied is more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #5
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
DMH is a pretty small business, and he gets backed pretty bad. The simple answer is only so many cutouts can be milled a day. We advertise 4-8 weeks because that is how long it takes. IMO however, he does make the best cutout on the market by far..which is why people wait that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvoisel View Post
They have a good warranty, but getting something warrantied is more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.
I always tell people..if no ones take 4-8 weeks..the warranty process also will be slow.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #6
SSRedTerror

Drives: 2011 Victory Red SS
I'm just glad to hear they are still in business and I can still get their cut outs. From the others Ive looked at, I like the DMH set the best. Just ready to get em on the car
SSRedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Honestly SCREW DMH! He takes your money with no problems and then you will never see him again. I tried to get a broken one fixed for THREEEEE YEARSSSSSSSS. Again, YEARSSSSS! Never again! I even opened it up to try and fix it, I was actually partially successful and upon opening it up you realize its nothing better than everything else out there. Meaning its not worth the $400 he cons you out of. They rattle just the same as cheap summit cut outs. And for the record I've had many cars with all different electric cut outs.

STAY AWAY!

I'm currently using Badlandz off Ebay, it appears to be a strengthened QTP/Summit piece and so far they have been great. AND the owner actually responds to you and stands by his warranty. DMH simply does NOT stand by his warranty.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote