Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
silver.ice18

Drives: 2014 2LS
muffler delete

I'm planning to do a muffler delete on my 2014 v6 camaro and so I went around today asking for prices on it and most of them said $150. Is it worth it? Drone wouldn't matter to me and neither would how loud it is. I found a couple of videos on youtube and these 2 stood out to me

https://youtu.be/UOH4WWlUPog

https://youtu.be/hggmK-KaTDQ
silver.ice18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
If you want to do that, you want to add the Magnaflow #11386 muffler in place of your current H pipe. If you don't, your car will scream but it'll be high pitched and raspy as hell and just not pleasant.

$150 sounds like a bit much if they're just cutting the mufflers and welding in a section of pipe, but I could be wrong. Unless you're going to cut from the H pipe back and weld in all 2.5" piping, then you'd be ripping them off. Lol. Those videos are pretty much what it would sound like. Try looking up a muffler delete with the Magnaflow Resonated X (or Magnaflow 11386, same thing) and get back to us.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver.ice18 View Post
I'm planning to do a muffler delete on my 2014 v6 camaro and so I went around today asking for prices on it and most of them said $150. Is it worth it? Drone wouldn't matter to me and neither would how loud it is. I found a couple of videos on youtube and these 2 stood out to me

https://youtu.be/UOH4WWlUPog

https://youtu.be/hggmK-KaTDQ
muffler delete on a V6 sounds bad. I know a lot of guys will say it sounds good, but it doesn't. Get a nice exhaust and pair it with res X pipe and some high flow cats.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
BTORRES2012

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2LT/RS
I wouldn't recommend a muffler delete. I did it and immediately regretted it. It was way too raspy and high pitched. It sounded horrible.
BTORRES2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
silver.ice18

Drives: 2014 2LS
So I went with the muffler delete just to try it out. Cost me $137 (cheapest I could find with a reputable shop). Overall it makes it alot louder and it does sounds good, but there may be just too much rasp. Should I add a magnaflow x-pipe? Would that help with making it a bit quieter?
silver.ice18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
It would make it a little quieter but it would kill most of the rasp and give it a deeper tone. Highly recommend adding it. Magnaflow 11386
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote