Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 10-03-2022, 11:57 PM   #1
Jadineva

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Blend door BS and beyond

Hey, returning to this forum after a few years for advice as I’m not totally trusting my local dealer service and want opinions from those in the know, hoping you can advise. In my 2013 Camaro, just had the dreaded blend door bust. Chevy service center took 3 weeks to fix as they struggled to get the dash apart (said parts were “fused” - funny, they’re the ones who pulled the dash last time when the stereo went out..hmm). Of course the windshield had a tiny chip in the edge so that was toast. So after two attempts to get blend door installed and working and three weeks later, got my car back with working blend door and new windshield. Yesterday I washed my car for the first time since the repair, and now I’ve got water behind the dash somewhere - I hear it splashing/sloshing only when I turn the AC or heat fan on. Searching online suggests a drain is clogged maybe (? I’m no car expert, but water sounds behind dashboard vents, and little bit of water on passenger floor mat and spot of wet carpet under left corner of passenger side) but why now when I never had this issue before the replacement blend door and windshield? Could the service techs at Chevy have caused this somehow? I want to go back and demand repair if so but also dread the “give us a couple hours” runaround that cost me 3 weeks of no car and thousands of dollars last time. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Jadineva; 10-04-2022 at 09:52 AM.
Jadineva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Bite the bullet and take it back to the clunks that worked on it and demand satisfaction. Once it's fixed NEVER return to that dealer again and be sure to tell your friends.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:31 AM   #3
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I agree ^^^ taking it anywhere else will only result in you spending thousands of dollars all over again. If they give you grief about repairs... Leave a bad review on google, believe it or not alot of dealerships take that stuff really seriously. Their online presence is how they get alot of their business. My brother in law recently bought a used Corvette and they tried to do the old bait and switch with the online pricing. He posted the entire experience on google reviews, cars.com, kbb.com, etc... and the dealership called him and completely kissed his ass. Sold him the car at cost, with a free 3 year maintenance/oil change package, a $500 Chevrolet gift card to buy accessories with, and they definitely rolled out the red carpet when we arrived... They actually made him sign a release stating that the deal was contingent on him taking down all the bad reviews and replacing them with positive ones. Understandable if you don't wanna go that route though.

I would take it back and try to make them supply you with a dealer loaner while they repair the car since the issue was caused by them doing the work. A reputable dealer should be willing to warranty their own work, and accept that they made a mistake and make it right.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:24 AM   #4
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
That is just frustrating as hell
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I agree ^^^ taking it anywhere else will only result in you spending thousands of dollars all over again. If they give you grief about repairs... Leave a bad review on google, believe it or not alot of dealerships take that stuff really seriously. Their online presence is how they get alot of their business. My brother in law recently bought a used Corvette and they tried to do the old bait and switch with the online pricing. He posted the entire experience on google reviews, cars.com, kbb.com, etc... and the dealership called him and completely kissed his ass. Sold him the car at cost, with a free 3 year maintenance/oil change package, a $500 Chevrolet gift card to buy accessories with, and they definitely rolled out the red carpet when we arrived... They actually made him sign a release stating that the deal was contingent on him taking down all the bad reviews and replacing them with positive ones. Understandable if you don't wanna go that route though.

I would take it back and try to make them supply you with a dealer loaner while they repair the car since the issue was caused by them doing the work. A reputable dealer should be willing to warranty their own work, and accept that they made a mistake and make it right.
^^^^This
Big +1
Old 10-06-2022, 12:46 AM   #6
Jadineva

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Went back to Chevy this morning despite my urge to avoid them forever. Pointed out the obvious sloppy misses in getting my car back together, and they took all day but fixed the slop (cowl edge poking out over quarter panel instead of under, etc, and found the piece silicon the window guys dropped into the HVAC drain. Fixed and cleaned up, no charge. Won’t be going back there for any future work!
Jadineva is offline   Reply With Quote