Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
Cheekster96

Drives: 2018 2SS Bright Red
Illuminated front black bowtie R88

Good morning and Happy New Year everybody!

I am looking at doing a custom order for a 2019 2SS and have a question on the front illuminated black bowtie. If this is ordered...what comes in the rear? Do you get the gold bowtie or can you get a matching black bowtie?

Are their ways to order specific items without getting a full blown package? Like if I wanted to get the rear blackout without getting the package it comes with...is this possible?

Will be going "dealer" shopping next week to see who I like best and see who wants/can help me with a custom order.

Hope everybody has a great day. Stay warm!! -20F up here!
Cheekster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:44 AM   #2
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Nobody really knows about 2019 yet as they haven't been released yet. You can find answers to all your ordering questions in the Price/Ordering/Tracking/Dealers section of the forum.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226

As far as dealers, just call Becky and be done with it.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekster96 View Post
Good morning and Happy New Year everybody!

I am looking at doing a custom order for a 2019 2SS and have a question on the front illuminated black bowtie. If this is ordered...what comes in the rear? Do you get the gold bowtie or can you get a matching black bowtie?

Are their ways to order specific items without getting a full blown package? Like if I wanted to get the rear blackout without getting the package it comes with...is this possible?

Will be going "dealer" shopping next week to see who I like best and see who wants/can help me with a custom order.

Hope everybody has a great day. Stay warm!! -20F up here!
Happy New Year to you as well Minus twenty absolutely sucks, we have -2F here and I'm already on the verge of freezing.

I'd check with the dealer, but the illuminated black bowtie option should be a package that also gets you a new rear emblem in matching color (see https://www.thatgmpartsguy.com/oem-p...e-kit-23393028)

In my experience you can't fully customize individual options (RPO codes), there are likely production related as well as marketing reasons for Chevy to package them the way they are. You will need to purchase the dark taillight kit separately, either order it from and get it installed by the dealer or (highly recommended) just buy the part online and install yourself, it's a trivial and fully reversible job (selling the original part will be the most difficult part of the install, heh)

How do are you ordering a 2019 model now btw? Or was this just a typo?
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
Cheekster96

Drives: 2018 2SS Bright Red
How does it work with the 2017s or 2018s when a black front illuminated bow tie is ordered? What comes in the rear?

Going to order a 2019 when ordering starts (when ever that may be). I have heard of people already ordering 2019 ZR1s and the new Silverados.

Thanks for all the input. Heading back outside to play with the pups.

"Stay frosty my friends."
Cheekster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Mine came with the front glow tie. It has a black bow tie on the rear. Regular tail lights. Mine was not special ordered. It was the showroom car on dealer lot.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Mine has the black illuminated front bow tie package. It also came with a black rear bow tie. So I'm pretty sure you get both.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #7
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I bought the black GloTie kit after I got the car. It came with a black replacement for the rear. I suspect the kit is dealer installed if you order it with the car and the will get the same parts.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #8
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekster96 View Post
How does it work with the 2017s or 2018s when a black front illuminated bow tie is ordered? What comes in the rear?

Going to order a 2019 when ordering starts (when ever that may be). I have heard of people already ordering 2019 ZR1s and the new Silverados.

Thanks for all the input. Heading back outside to play with the pups.

"Stay frosty my friends."
FYI I ordered my 2018 in early June and, according to the dealer, I was one of the first to do so. The online build configurator wasn't even updated until July if I remember correctly.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 PM   #9
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
black Glowtie and rear black bowtie
Attached Images

carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote