Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #15
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I did a quick search and you can still buy these new... then I made the mistake of showing both my kids. Both of them have been pestering me since last night wanting me to not buy just 1, but 2 of them so they, in there words, “can race like daddy does”
I think my wife will kick my ass if i spend 6-700 on them but I have a feeling it will be quite funny to watch them drive them. My daughter already has a Power wheels Disney princess carriage and my son has a power wheels Grave Digger. Deep inside i really want to get the Camaros and mod them like we do our cars... yea I’m still a big Kid inside I know haha.

Nice work OP, yours turned out very nice!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #16
chevyz1
Wife named it "Ghost"

Drives: 2012 Camaro Summit White 2SS/RS M6
That's so awesome and you did a great job too. Love it!
Old 07-08-2020, 03:26 PM   #17
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
that came out great!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #18
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
This is amazing!

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:09 PM   #19
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I did a quick search and you can still buy these new... then I made the mistake of showing both my kids. Both of them have been pestering me since last night wanting me to not buy just 1, but 2 of them so they, in there words, “can race like daddy does”
I think my wife will kick my ass if i spend 6-700 on them but I have a feeling it will be quite funny to watch them drive them. My daughter already has a Power wheels Disney princess carriage and my son has a power wheels Grave Digger. Deep inside i really want to get the Camaros and mod them like we do our cars... yea I’m still a big Kid inside I know haha.

My kids drove the heck out of their Power Wheels when they were little - to the point I got pretty good at fixing them. Nothing this cool was available back then though.

Now I have two Kawasaki’s, an electric scooter and two extra cars in my garage and driveway instead of Power Wheels...

Beautiful paint job on “Jewel”!
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:08 PM   #20
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Been a long time since I've contributed here but I've been really busy as of late.

Found a 10+ year old Power Wheels Camaro under a pile of trash and wood and decided to restore her for my grandson. He loves my car and I thought it would be nice to do, and gave me something to do while this Covid thing is going on. Was a long hard project for sure, and I think she turned out well. Don't have a picture of the whole car but it originally was black. I do have some before pics though. Sun and weather do wonderful things to plastic when left out, and a few times I didn't think it could be done well. But enough primer, sanding, paint, clear, polishing and buffing does wonders I suppose. Not to mention rebuilding the wiring harness, switches and electric motors. The key switch works now and though you can't tell from the pictures the headlights and taillights work along with the radio. Planning on going to a 24V system with it and adding a Raspberry Pi board to her to simulate the car starting and engine sounds when in gear with a graduated accelerator.

Just wanted to share this with everyone. Hope everyone is well and hopefully all this nonsense will end soon

Her name is Jewel BTW
That, my friend, is incredibly BAD ASS. I love doing projects like that. It brings neat stuff back to life. WTG!!
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #21
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Thanks for kind words guys. It was a fun project, and my grandson Dean LOVES it I will admit though that I thought about halfway through the project about just buying a new one and calling it a day, but then found out how much a new one costs and then decided it was best to keep going lol. I did however spend over $230+ on the restoration, so it still wasn't cheap, though it was cheaper than a new one and is one of a kind.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:38 AM   #22
Ashik Rex

Drives: no
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post

First, just about any kid is going to love this tractor. Ours loves hauling around his gardening tools in the trailer and hauling produce from the garden to the house. I also love the fact that replacement parts can be ordered from the Peg Perego website for anything that gets broken. In this world of disposable stuff, it is refreshing to actually be able to buy parts to repair a kids toy. The fact that this tractor is made in the USA is another refreshing change.
Ashik Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:43 PM   #23
Glassman66

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1le
Damn dude that rocks