Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #365
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Wow allot of top issues this can become a public relations nightmare.

I bought my SS brand new in May but is an 2011. Dealer did the TSB right away and I am driving as much as possible with the top down and it is starting to show a rob mark right above the drivers head (outside the top) and this past week looks like another mark is forming going from side to side right by the 5th bow. Should I hit up the dealer now or wait a little longer?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #366
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post

I bought my SS brand new in May but is an 2011. Dealer did the TSB right away and I am driving as much as possible with the top down and it is starting to show a rob mark right above the drivers head (outside the top) and this past week looks like another mark is forming going from side to side right by the 5th bow. Should I hit up the dealer now or wait a little longer?
If its just rub marks they probably won't do anything. It will probably have to actually show wear in those areas.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #367
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post

the biggest thing to look/watch for is a v-shaped pinch behind the quarter windows on the top. the top gets pinched by the mechanism when lowered, and basically cut a v-shape into the fabric. the rub marks they prob wont do anything about until there is actual "wearing of the material" but it cant hurt to bring it in and have it documented incase of problems in the future. then you can say, hey i had this documented at xxx miles and you said it was normal, obviously it isnt...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #368
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
New (to me)...

Yesterday, I felt a tiny nub in the fabric about an inch from the edge of the rear window on the left side. Taking a closer look, I see it's a tiny hole poked out by something inside connecting the defogger wiring to the rear window. You can't really see it (yet), but it feels like a little knot in the material. Not so.

Rx: Watchful waiting
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #369
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
Yesterday, I felt a tiny nub in the fabric about an inch from the edge of the rear window on the left side. Taking a closer look, I see it's a tiny hole poked out by something inside connecting the defogger wiring to the rear window. You can't really see it (yet), but it feels like a little knot in the material. Not so.

Rx: Watchful waiting
If you would like me to check your VIN, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I can check for applicable warranties and also to see if there are any open recalls or programs available to you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #370
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
If you would like me to check your VIN, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I can check for applicable warranties and also to see if there are any open recalls or programs available to you.

Brandon
brandon, your all "lip service" i asked you specific questions regarding my issues, and the new designs, quoted what youve posted before on here (about the latest revision not being compatable with ours), and gave you part numbers and all, and you gave me the most BS response ive heard yet from anyone at GM to date. That guy wont even use his convertible top AT ALL because of the issues. i know your just doing what GM is paying you to do. but to be honest, id rather them fire you and use that money to FIX OUR CARS PROPERLY!!! just sayin
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #371
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
...id rather them fire you and use that money to FIX OUR CARS PROPERLY!!! just sayin
Do you think $250 will cover everything?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #372
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Taking my car to Lynn Smith today for the TSB Fix. Wish me luck this is a seamless process and that all goes well ! While I am there I am going to show them the Tonneau Cover as well due to the Pleather pulling away... Talk to you guys soon !
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #373
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Pooty View Post
Taking my car to Lynn Smith today for the TSB Fix. Wish me luck this is a seamless process and that all goes well ! While I am there I am going to show them the Tonneau Cover as well due to the Pleather pulling away... Talk to you guys soon !
Please let us know how service goes and if everything went smoothly for you. We are here if you have any comments or questions.

Brandon
Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #374
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Brandon, Thanks for the follow up ! top fix went PERFECT !! nice and tight, no air leaks and no creaking at all ! I was one of the lucky ones with no real rub marks yet so I caught it in time.

On another note, they are replacing my Tonneau Cover due to the leather peeling issue due to the glue.

But Tom Smith at Lynn Smith took care of me and I could not be happier !
Old 07-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #375
Murray513

Drives: 2012 2LT RS VICTORY RED W BLACK TOP
Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post

Brandon
My vin # is 2G1FC3D34C9167858. Thank you.
Murray513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #376
cactuseater

Drives: .
Last three posts are interesting, never NEVER saw "Brandon" respond so quickly. Timeline is fishy, all I will say.

Added: Except for "Murray", last three posts before that one.....

Last edited by cactuseater; 07-28-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: correction
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #377
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Last three posts are interesting, never NEVER saw "Brandon" respond so quickly. Timeline is fishy, all I will say.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #378
skv68

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
Have you heard anything about a fiberglass tonneau? That would be great, especially if it was automatic but I can't imagine how they'd do that. My last 2 cars had automatic covers that opened to let the top in and out. The first was a 370z with a painted cover that followed the lines of the headrests, the other was a BMW 135 that had a cheaper black plastic cover that looked a bit like the Camaro tonneau. Each worked well and beat the hell out of the manual Camaro cover. I haven't put mine on once since I bought the Camaro, so I hope you've heard something encouraging about an improved cover.

If you really want the tonneau and are concerned about it blowing off, you can run the back seat belts over it and into the trunk. A member suggested that a few months ago and it actually does work.
Our cover blows up when we go 75 mi per hr. We don't use it anymore!
skv68 is offline   Reply With Quote