Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Driver's seat knee tilt stuck

I'm having an issue with my driver's side seat and I'm banging my head against the wall on it. Seat reclines up and down, slides forward and backward, but the knee tilt (front of seat) is stuck. Pushing the knee controls down, there's no response...pushing the knee controls up, it "clicks" but no movement that way either.

I've ordered and replaced the tilt motor that's under the seat but no change. I've pulled off the side of the chair and i'm thinking to try replacing the seat adjuster control module. But before I go replacing parts left and right, does anyone have a suggestion on what this could be?
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Update: Pulled the seat adjuster switch and am going to replace that as well. Part # 25974714 if anyone runs into the same issue. Won't be able to order until I get back from vacation next week. Will keep y'all posted!
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
It sounds to me like it has a stuck motor. Try tapping on it with a fairly large screwdriver while adjusting it up or down.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote