Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-10-2020, 09:41 PM   #15
leemozoid

Drives: '15 Silverado LTZ & '13 ZL1 ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
start by lowering your compression, if your at the last increment and it’s still harsh you need a softer spring. maximize your rebound a couple clicks, it could be set too fast which will also give you a harsh feel.

Edit: a break in period is required but it shouldn’t be as stiff as ur explaining. possibly they are torqued down too tight not allowing movement in the pivots? too much spring preload?
Thank you for the helpful input. Currently I'm at 3 on compression. I'll back it down to 2. I'm at 5 on rebound. I'll bump it up to 7 and see how that does. I don't mind a stiff ride. It's not a daily. I just don't want her to keep whining every time she drives it.
HP tune, Kooks 1 7/8" LT w/ cat deletes, FIC 1300 inj, E85, GPI SS3 blower cam, Fore Innovations Gen 5 dual pump module with twin TI Automotive 430 lph E85 compatible pumps, Lingenfelter 10 bolt 2.55" upper/9.17" lower pulleys, AFCO triple pass intercooler with dual fans, Killer Chiller interchiller, B3R insulated expansion tank, full BMR rear drag cradle and suspension, DSS one piece driveshaft and Stage 5 billet axle shafts, Rotofab CAI, reinforced brick, Devil's Own progressive methanol injection, FTI 9.5" billet lock up Street Racer torque converter, 3200 rpm stall, triple clutch.
leemozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:43 PM   #16
leemozoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
I wish my wife had such a problem!
Right?
HP tune, Kooks 1 7/8" LT w/ cat deletes, FIC 1300 inj, E85, GPI SS3 blower cam, Fore Innovations Gen 5 dual pump module with twin TI Automotive 430 lph E85 compatible pumps, Lingenfelter 10 bolt 2.55" upper/9.17" lower pulleys, AFCO triple pass intercooler with dual fans, Killer Chiller interchiller, B3R insulated expansion tank, full BMR rear drag cradle and suspension, DSS one piece driveshaft and Stage 5 billet axle shafts, Rotofab CAI, reinforced brick, Devil's Own progressive methanol injection, FTI 9.5" billet lock up Street Racer torque converter, 3200 rpm stall, triple clutch.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:27 PM   #17
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemozoid View Post
Thank you for the helpful input. Currently I'm at 3 on compression. I'll back it down to 2. I'm at 5 on rebound. I'll bump it up to 7 and see how that does. I don't mind a stiff ride. It's not a daily. I just don't want her to keep whining every time she drives it.
no problem, curious if the front feels as stiff as the rear?
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #18
leemozoid

Quote:
no problem, curious if the front feels as stiff as the rear?
No. Fronts are still magride. I've got 18x6 up there so she's kind of bumpy anyway.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:35 AM   #19
bottletalk

what’s the verdict?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #20
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
No. Fronts are still magride. I've got 18x6 up there so she's kind of bumpy anyway.
I didn't know magride would function properly with only the front shocks connected.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:27 PM   #21
leemozoid

Quote:
what’s the verdict?
Haven't been able to do any testing or adjusting. Just moved and we're still living out of boxes. Car's resting quietly in the garage. New CAI arriving tomorrow so I'll probably do it all at once.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:22 PM   #22
bottletalk

Quote:
Haven't been able to do any testing or adjusting. Just moved and we're still living out of boxes. Car's resting quietly in the garage. New CAI arriving tomorrow so I'll probably do it all at once.
let us know, curious if u get it dialed in.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:56 PM   #23
bottletalk

Any luck? Was thinking about u using mag.ride on the front...that’s gonna be tough to tune with progressive rear shocks...it’ll never be equally balanced as the mags are mostly linear throughout the stroke.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:53 AM   #24
leemozoid

Quote:
Any luck? Was thinking about u using mag.ride on the front...that’s gonna be tough to tune with progressive rear shocks...it’ll never be equally balanced as the mags are mostly linear throughout the stroke.
We've discovered that using the magride simulators to "trick" the system you still can't run the magrides on the front and coilovers on the rear. It's all or none. The rear has been loosened on the lift, lowered to the ground and tightened under load. Current settings on the shocks are C5 R7 with the delete sims installed. So, two questions now. What are the best struts for the front and since this is a convertible should I be running 350 lb springs on the rear instead of 500? If so 8" length or 10"?

Lots of questions, BMR tech dude. Can you actually be helpful instead of sarcastic and rude?
Old 09-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #25
bottletalk

Quote:
We've discovered that using the magride simulators to "trick" the system you still can't run the magrides on the front and coilovers on the rear. It's all or none. The rear has been loosened on the lift, lowered to the ground and tightened under load. Current settings on the shocks are C5 R7 with the delete sims installed. So, two questions now. What are the best struts for the front and since this is a convertible should I be running 350 lb springs on the rear instead of 500? If so 8" length or 10"?

Lots of questions, BMR tech dude. Can you actually be helpful instead of sarcastic and rude?
I wouldn't go 350 until you have your compression down to 1 and still find it to stiff,.
lots of great struts out there its all on how much your want to spend and the type of performance you need. Most drivers would not be able to notice the difference between bc racing and ohlins when tuned similar. grab a set of pedders...i beleive there's a new set on the buyand sell.

edit: why did you increase your compression? just trying to match the front??
Old 09-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #26
leemozoid

Quote:
I wouldn't go 350 until you have your compression down to 1 and still find it to stiff,.
lots of great struts out there its all on how much your want to spend and the type of performance you need. Most drivers would not be able to notice the difference between bc racing and ohlins when tuned similar. grab a set of pedders...i beleive there's a new set on the buyand sell.

edit: why did you increase your compression? just trying to match the front??
I didn't. Tuner did. I'm going to turn it back down again. I'll look for the Pedders.