Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
J Lambert

Drives: 2010 Camaro
AAC/ORACLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALIT CONTROL

Thank you for your resolution!

Last edited by J Lambert; 12-01-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Problem resolved!!!
J Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stock headlight housings aren't designed for HiDS...sounds like they re doing you a favor to even clean the headlight housing, which isnt even their product correct? They make a product that supposedly takes the fogging effect off(not AAC).
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Anakte

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Stock headlight housings aren't designed for HiDS...sounds like they re doing you a favor to even clean the headlight housing, which isnt even their product correct? They make a product that supposedly takes the fogging effect off(not AAC).
Without knowing the conversation it's hard to say for sure, but if it's the case that the housing isn't compatible with the headlights, they should probably have known that and warned him. If they did, it's on him, if they didn't they should do something to set it right imo.
Anakte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakte View Post
Without knowing the conversation it's hard to say for sure, but if it's the case that the housing isn't compatible with the headlights, they should probably have known that and warned him. If they did, it's on him, if they didn't they should do something to set it right imo.
Compility isn't an issue. It's well known HiDS put off temperatures much higher than stock...and I'd imagine it would be even worse with a small confined headlight housing.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I agree. They are the professional's. It is their job to know if it is safe/compatible or not, before they make them available to the market.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
Anakte

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Well yea, I don't mean compatible as in whether or not they fit, I mean it as in... if this hazing would have been a known issue because of the heat from the HIDs. If they didn't tell him, and it was likely to happen, they should have known about it, being experts on these products. If they told him it would be an issue and he told them to install it anyway, then he's responsible for the cleaning of it.
Anakte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #8
STYLE66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lambert View Post
AAC/ORACLE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND QUALIT CONTROL
I will keep this as short as I can because I am not a big reader myself. However I want the customer to beware.
I purchased a truck last Nov. Last Dec, I had AAC do my headlights. (HIDs, HID fogs, LED strips, LED turn signals, and blacked out side markers) So I spent a few bucks. Not to mention the 2010 Camaro they did for me in June of 2009.
Anyway I had a slight hazing issue not long after they were installed. Hazing (pic 1) and debris (pic 2) I then informed my sales person of the issue. He said he “would get with the tech and get back with me.” I figured no problem because they warranty all their work on new vehicles. Well that never happened!!

So last week I am going out of town. I contact them once again and tell them they can have the truck for the week. Only to return home to be told “I have two options…we can TRY to clean it out or you can buy new headlights. What happened to the warranty is what I want to know???
I was then told that the headlights could not stand the heat of the HID. And that is what was causing the hazing. So why would you sell me something that would ruin my headlight????
I then asked why is the haze worse when we have a few days of wet weather??? (pic 3 and 4) That question was never answered. Because at that point they knew that the HID being too hot was a BS excuse that they gave me.
So…I can buy new headlights or AAC can TRY to clean them (which will not be guaranteed). THAT DOESN’T SEEM TO BE A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON A 30 DAY OLD HEADLIGHT!!!
All that I am asking is that the headlights be fixed properly or AAC purchase a new set for me. That is what warranty means to me.
Justin you would think that the 40 under 40 would have righted this WRONG! Or instead of giving lights to all these entertainers you could take care of the little local that sends you business!!!!
Lol I want to kept this short that was a book I just read
STYLE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Well yea, I don't mean compatible as in whether or not they fit, I mean it as in... if this hazing would have been a known issue because of the heat from the HIDs. If they didn't tell him, and it was likely to happen, they should have known about it, being experts on these products. If they told him it would be an issue and he told them to install it anyway, then he's responsible for the cleaning of it.
Even then a Good Company would not sell them, preferring to educate the consumer as to why it is a bad idea, not just making a buck.
BTW, I am NOT saying AAC did this. I'm saying if ANY Co. did.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
this is nothing new about AAC. so many people have had problems including my self its not even funny. do a search on AAC on here. you will see what kinda poor service and products they handle
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Is that heat related hazing? Looks like condensation to me. Is it always like that now or does it clear up during the heat fo the day?

If it goes away then I would say the lights need to be re-sealed.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
Not for nothing but those look to be aftermarket headlights which are usually inferior products to begin with, combined with the HIDs which will heat up to higher temps than stock bulbs. However this looks to have been going on for a while judging by the pics since the LED strip is starting to corrode/rust which is a sign that there was excessive water in the light..so my question is did AAC fail to seal the light in a spot or is the housing damaged somewhere that is causing moisture to leak in?
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
thanks for sharing the experience. If they do fix it please make sure to let us know...
Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Is that heat related hazing? Looks like condensation to me. Is it always like that now or does it clear up during the heat fo the day?

If it goes away then I would say the lights need to be re-sealed.
That's what I thought as well lol

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote