Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #3795
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
That's cool, never had to have a front plate before. Would really hate to have to put one on.

Jason- what's the deal with emissions in LV? Can you get away with long tubes, hi flow cats & a tune, or would you fail? How often of you have to have the test? Do you have to pay extra for the test every time you have it?
Yeah you will pass because you have the tune. It's a computer smog test, you are good as long as you are not throwing a code.

Smog testing is once a year and you have to pay each time you have it done. It is no more than $14

Jewel failed her first smog test and I had to put her back to stock because you know, V6, no tuner yet.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #3796
SWAT

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99
Oh that's awesome news, thanks. I was afraid they did an exhaust test for pollutants. So as long as you're not throwing a code, you're good, they just plug into your OBD under the dash to test? I just have exhaust now, but that might change between now & then, so knowing is good.

I've heard horror stories about the tests being very expensive. I'm glad that's not the case.

Did you do headers on Jewel & no tune or what caused her to fail?
SWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #3797
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Quote:
Oh that's awesome news, thanks. I was afraid they did an exhaust test for pollutants. So as long as you're not throwing a code, you're good, they just plug into your OBD under the dash to test? I just have exhaust now, but that might change between now & then, so knowing is good.

I've heard horror stories about the tests being very expensive. I'm glad that's not the case.

Did you do headers on Jewel & no tune or what caused her to fail?
I had headers with no cats and no tune. Yeah they just plug a computer under the dash. No sniffer test and it is very cheap. Now to register the cars is expensive. It cost me 391 for Jewel and 311 for Luna and 279 for Pepper. You also have to pay personal property taxes on your vehicle each year but the plus side is no state income taxes. It's worth the trade off
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #3798
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yeah just no cats will run you into problems no matter what with emissions tests. It's the main reason I won't hack off mine.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #3799
SWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I had headers with no cats and no tune. Yeah they just plug a computer under the dash. No sniffer test and it is very cheap. Now to register the cars is expensive. It cost me 391 for Jewel and 311 for Luna and 279 for Pepper. You also have to pay personal property taxes on your vehicle each year but the plus side is no state income taxes. It's worth the trade off
Oh, I see, did you say you put it back to stock manifolds & cats? That must have sucked....or are you waiting on getting it tuned?

Personal property tax on a vehicle......WTF??? Is that based on the assessed value of the vehicle, is it a % or how do they come up with the number? I think I pay $200 & something here in MI for my yearly registration right now on my SS.

The no state tax sounds good.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #3800
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, in NV, they plug into the ObD2 port. No sniffer. Doesn't matter if you have hi flows or no cats. What usually happens, when you get long tubes and high flows or no cats, your obd sensor throws a code. This means it is "not ready" or "not set". What also happens, is that the evap sensor is also "not ready". That is the reason you don't pass smog here. You pass smog with only one table "not ready", but two "not ready"'s will fail you. The tune will set the evap, but it takes a while for it to set. But if you've had it on for a while, you will be good.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #3801
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Yeah just no cats will run you into problems no matter what with emissions tests. It's the main reason I won't hack off mine.

There's no emissions in Florida. Also, if you join the military, I believe you can keep your car registered in FL.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #3802
SWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yeah, in NV, they plug into the ObD2 port. No sniffer. Doesn't matter if you have hi flows or no cats. What usually happens, when you get long tubes and high flows or no cats, your obd sensor throws a code. This means it is "not ready" or "not set". What also happens, is that the evap sensor is also "not ready". That is the reason you don't pass smog here. You pass smog with only one table "not ready", but two "not ready"'s will fail you. The tune will set the evap, but it takes a while for it to set. But if you've had it on for a while, you will be good.
Okay, cool. I gotchya. Thanks for the info. I'm fine now with only exhaust, but that may change by the time I get to LV. Just wanted to know what I was in for out there. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #3803
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Oh, I see, did you say you put it back to stock manifolds & cats? That must have sucked....or are you waiting on getting it tuned?

Personal property tax on a vehicle......WTF??? Is that based on the assessed value of the vehicle, is it a % or how do they come up with the number? I think I pay $200 & something here in MI for my yearly registration right now on my SS.

The no state tax sounds good.

Yeah, camaro is back to stock manifolds and cats

And yes, the registration is an assessed value of the car. It decreases every year as the car gets older.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #3804
SWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
You'll be fine Jordi, hack those Phuckers off!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #3805
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Okay, cool. I gotchya. Thanks for the info. I'm fine now with only exhaust, but that may change by the time I get to LV. Just wanted to know what I was in for out there. Thanks!

No problem. Yeah, I think if you ever get re-tuned, you will have to drive around for a while. So if you plan on re-tuning, make sure you do it right after your registration is done, so you have a year. Lol
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #3806
SWAT

Quote:
Yeah, camaro is back to stock manifolds and cats

And yes, the registration is an assessed value of the car. It decreases every year as the car gets older.
That must have sucked having to put it back:(.

No not the registration, but the personal property tax on the vehicle. That's all new to me. How do they come up with that number?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:48 PM   #3807
SWAT

Quote:
No problem. Yeah, I think if you ever get re-tuned, you will have to drive around for a while. So if you plan on re-tuning, make sure you do it right after your registration is done, so you have a year. Lol
Okay, got it. Thanks man .
Old 02-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #3808
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Tags
goodluckjordan, i do wat i want, no tags for you, notagsafter2018