Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #15
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
No it's not hard to say it's too high. I surely bet it's seen rain sitting on the dealers lot and never seeing a drop of rain isn't worth amother 5k. Mines garage kept.
Sitting????

It's got 30000miles on it dude.

Plus ever hear of "test drives" quote on quote???



Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
How much do you think that adds to the price if you were to sell it?
Well how about you tell me?

Case scenario, you are searching the entire state for a black 2013 1LE with nothing over 20K.

After an exhaustive search, you find a total of two of them, both identical, even identical in price, everything identical, except when you look under the car, the frame bolts, exhaust nuts and clamps, have a lil' surface rust. The wheel wells are dirty, mud caked stains, etc, suggesting driven in the rain, dirt road, perhaps even occasional wet snow.

The other one, when you look undertake car, is MIIIIIINT, meaning that literally any bolt you try and turn, will turn like butter. In fact, even the original chalk/marker writings under the car are still legible, and the wheel wells, floors, pipes, etc, all look like they just rolled off the assembly floor.

The only peopler on here who will try to debate what I just wrote, are those who wish to rationalize their own loss, or worst case, are butt hurt LOL.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
Venomcustom
Hard to want.
 
Venomcustom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 red hot 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nashville Tennessee
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Sitting????

It's got 30000miles on it dude.

Plus ever here of "test drives" quote on quote???
What are you even talking about? The car is too high priced. That doesn't mean someone won't pay the asking price.
I am assuming this is on a car lot and yes we are all aware of "test drives" lol
This isn't an argument. In the states a 2013 1le is not a $29k car. Sorry if that offends you.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #17
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
What are you even talking about? The car is too high priced. That doesn't mean someone won't pay the asking price.
I am assuming this is on a car lot and yes we are all aware of "test drives" lol
This isn't an argument. In the states a 2013 1le is not a $29k car. Sorry if that offends you.
What am I talking about?????

Maybe you should stop "assuming" .

Re-read below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post
Sorry about posting a new thread, on vacation and going to check it out today.

2013 1LE 2SS/RS in AGM, 30k on the clock, has ditto's on it, catch can, and a Z28 CAI. Looks super clean, thanks!



Couldn't really care less what it sells for.

Offends me?











LOLlllll nope.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #18
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post
Sorry about posting a new thread, on vacation and going to check it out today.

2013 1LE 2SS/RS in AGM, 30k on the clock, has nitto's on it, catch can, and a Z28 CAI. Looks super clean, thanks!

Listed for $29k.
What is the warranty on it since you are buying from dealer??

Dealer always tacks warranty premium on price, vs private sale, which the latter has no warranty.

Are you a DIYer or will you depend on warranty for everything to wrench you free?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:28 PM   #19
Silver14
 
Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Sitting????

It's got 30000miles on it dude.

Plus ever hear of "test drives" quote on quote???



Well how about you tell me?

Case scenario, you are searching the entire state for a black 2013 1LE with nothing over 20K.

After an exhaustive search, you find a total of two of them, both identical, even identical in price, everything identical, except when you look under the car, the frame bolts, exhaust nuts and clamps, have a lil' surface rust. The wheel wells are dirty, mud caked stains, etc, suggesting driven in the rain, dirt road, perhaps even occasional wet snow.

The other one, when you look undertake car, is MIIIIIINT, meaning that literally any bolt you try and turn, will turn like butter. In fact, even the original chalk/marker writings under the car are still legible, and the wheel wells, floors, pipes, etc, all look like they just rolled off the assembly floor.

The only peopler on here who will try to debate what I just wrote, are those who wish to rationalize their own loss, or worst case, are butt hurt LOL.
I'm not trying to debate, I'm genuinely curious what that adds to the price of the car in your opinion. Your example states the same price, but I assumed you'd assign a higher value to the car in better condition.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:58 PM   #20
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
I'm not trying to debate, I'm genuinely curious what that adds to the price of the car in your opinion. Your example states the same price, but I assumed you'd assign a higher value to the car in better condition.
But of course.

I wasn’t picking at you. Just picking on those, who know who they are and the up and comers priming themselves up

Yes, so you in theory you find two identically priced cars, identical in equipment.....

“You” being the smart consumer, will obviously negotiate the price on both cars, right? You would have nothing to lose, even if one was a GEM, and the other wasn’t.

For sure, I think, that you will have a better chance dropping the price of the non-gem one, versus the other. The final price difference between the two identical cars will be the answer to your question.

If i was the shopper, and found my dream second hand Camaro, yes, I could easily see myself literally taking out AT LEAST $2000 more out of my wallet, in appreciation of a gem. Perhaps even more.

As a seller, a gem car, would definitely be narrowing down your target audience you wish to sell to. This might add to seller deperation asking price. It also might not.

For a buyer, searching for that real garage queen, it is tougher than you think as well. This adds to the price drama in question.

There is a medium between seller desperation and buyer desperation, or lack of.

Spring or Fall also adds to the price variation.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #21
LT1Zob

 
LT1Zob's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 AGM 1LE 2SSRS / 16 BLK C7 Z51 M7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 1,503
I have a 13 2SS RS with 14k on the clock. Never driven in rain, Xpelled, upgraded to heated/power Recaros in 2015 (13s never came with the Recaro option).
Make me an offer I can't refuse OP . But yes, seriously, with 30k on the clock, the price is a bit much.
__________________
Production # 0065
LT1Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #22
Venomcustom
Hard to want.
 
Venomcustom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 red hot 1SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Nashville Tennessee
Posts: 204
[QUOTE=Camaro Dude;10217010]But of course.

I wasn’t picking at you. Just picking on those, who know who they are and the up and comers priming themselves up.

Getting all gangsta on us. Lmao.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
I have a 13 2SS RS with 14k on the clock. Never driven in rain, Xpelled, upgraded to heated/power Recaros in 2015 (13s never came with the Recaro option).
Make me an offer......
Has it ever sat under the hot sun????

I like the top of my dashboards and paint to be MiiiiiiiiiiiinT.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #24
LT1Zob

 
LT1Zob's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 AGM 1LE 2SSRS / 16 BLK C7 Z51 M7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Has it ever sat under the hot sun????

I like the top of my dashboards and paint to be MiiiiiiiiiiiinT.
I can assure you the top of the dash is minty fresh. For what it's worth, and I'm not saying my car is worth more than the next guy's because it's never seen rain, but if I'm the buyer, I'd gladly spend a couple grand more for a mint condition car vs. one with car wash scratches and dog hair inside. My DD is a leased piece of crap to me, I could care less. But my fun cars are to be enjoyed and stay as clean as possible. To each their own, you pay for the car, you enjoy it how you please. For me though, I'm buying as clean and low miles as possible.
__________________
Production # 0065
LT1Zob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:55 PM   #25
gajagfan


 
gajagfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
It's "just a car", says Mr. Catch can himself


The REAL question here is, how much do you take off the price, if it never had a catch can installed?????

lolllllll!
I can answer that as well....I would add money as I would never install a catch can on a non-direct injected engine. That picture is all in fun. NOT a catch can guy!

I am just having fun. I know a super clean car is important to you. I respect that, it just has no added value to me.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #26
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
.... I know a super clean car is important to you. I respect that, it just has no added value to me.
Hmmm interesting.

I catch your drift.

I too respect that. It’s just something more dirty, has less value to me.

Example. I have bought and sold (flipped) a few houses in my time. I can tell you right now with great confidence, that a clean, well furnished house, will in fact, fetch a few $$$$$ more, than an identical looking twin house, completely empty, with dirty floors, and faded paint on the walls, from UV intrusion, etc.

Same applies to cars for the most part.

Of course, in todays world of revolving credit and debt, and flipping automobiles through leases every 3-4 years, most people (debt slaves) don’t care no more, sadly.

Resale becomes skewed. Think adjuster at dealer. For sure he don’t care, except for what his little book tells him to.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #27
gajagfan


 
gajagfan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Hmmm interesting.

I catch your drift.

I too respect that. It’s just something more dirty, has less value to me.

Example. I have bought and sold (flipped) a few houses in my time. I can tell you right now with great confidence, that a clean, well furnished house, will in fact, fetch a few $$$$$ more, than an identical looking twin house, completely empty, with dirty floors, and faded paint on the walls, from UV intrusion, etc.

Same applies to cars for the most part.

Of course, in todays world of revolving credit and debt, and flipping automobiles through leases every 3-4 years, most people (debt slaves) don’t care no more, sadly.

Resale becomes skewed. Think adjuster at dealer. For sure he don’t care, except for what his little book tells him to.
Clean and well cared for are one thing. Both important. Never seen rain, of no value since I will drive the car an will see rain very shortly after purchase. As far as your housing analogy, it is common knowledge that a clean and well cared for house is worth more than one that is not well taken care of. No different than a car, but would you pay more for a house that had never seen rain? Exactly!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #28
Camaro Dude
and SLEDGE
 
Camaro Dude's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 1LE, 2SS, NPP
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Québec
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Clean and well cared for are one thing. Both important. Never seen rain, of no value since I will drive the car an will see rain very shortly after purchase. As far as your housing analogy, it is common knowledge that a clean and well cared for house is worth more than one that is not well taken care of. No different than a car, but would you pay more for a house that had never seen rain? Exactly!
lolll!

A house doesn’t rust!!! Lol

Take a wrench and go under Sledge. You can literally hand wrench every nut/bolt/screw loose, with minimal torque effort. Even the rear muffler, even the wheel nuts. 5 year old car.

Try that with a 2 year old car from some humid place, driven daily through thunder storms, and hand wrenching is superceded by power tools to remove, lol.

Actually for the house analogy, I’ll tone it down, and say, two identical, both well taken care of, BUT one furnished and vacuumed, and one empty and not!

The former wins again at resale $$$$$
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.