Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #85
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Acammer, could you take some screenshots of those tables you mentioned? I'm curious if I've changed mine or not and if they'll help when I eventually make it back to the track. Don't have my laptop in front of me at the moment to check my tune
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #86
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Well all in all Andrew, you still have a pretty nice car that sounds good. I'm sure it will all come around this season
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #87
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Acammer, could you take some screenshots of those tables you mentioned? I'm curious if I've changed mine or not and if they'll help when I eventually make it back to the track. Don't have my laptop in front of me at the moment to check my tune
No problem. This is what it looked like untouched. I did give some consideration to what you could do with this table as a launch control - but I think the problem is that the ETC returns to WOT too slowly in my experience. Unfortunately, I don't have any logs to show what this looks like - but it felt like a half second ramp once I started the clutch release. Not aggressive enough on sticky tires, at least not from 5000rpm.
Attached Images

GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #88
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris49066SS View Post
Well all in all Andrew, you still have a pretty nice car that sounds good. I'm sure it will all come around this season
Thanks Chris - it's gonna put in some better times this year for sure.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41 PM   #89
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

You guys really got me thinking about that bog - I was rewatching all my passes from that day and on this one you can really hear the throttle opening against the clutch release. Definitely was hurting the performance!

Old 03-08-2019, 03:57 PM   #90
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
No problem. This is what it looked like untouched. I did give some consideration to what you could do with this table as a launch control - but I think the problem is that the ETC returns to WOT too slowly in my experience. Unfortunately, I don't have any logs to show what this looks like - but it felt like a half second ramp once I started the clutch release. Not aggressive enough on sticky tires, at least not from 5000rpm.
Thanks for the screenshot! I see what this does now, not sure it'll help me right away but still good to know about it. I want to go sub 2.0 for a 60ft before I think about stickier tires lol
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 10:38 PM   #91
Leonidis1013

Drives: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ATX View Post
570+rwhp is doable with heads cam FAST and proper supporting boltons =) Stock shortblock.
Lol maybe at the crank!
Leonidis1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:22 AM   #92
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidis1013 View Post
Lol maybe at the crank!

old post digging!

..but check my sig

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:54 PM   #93
tony@quinnpower.ca

Drives: 2012 SS Convertible
What is an ITB?
tony@quinnpower.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 08:52 PM   #94
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony@quinnpower.ca View Post
What is an ITB?
I believe ITB refers to Individual Throttle Body.

As for the original question on this thread, I'm excited that we very soon will have a package from GPI to share with the public that will make a 550whp "bolt on, stock bottom end" heads/cam package a reality.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:21 AM   #95
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Since 2018 500-550whp out of an L99/LS3 is very common to do and achieve. Been thankful for a good amount of people on this page to let me be a small part in their build.
Here's a list that I have been prettying much helping people with

OEM CNC Ported heads (milled) - Aftermarket for better results due to valve angle
.040" Head gasket
Short Travel Lifters (Optional)
Cam spec'd for the build (Any good cam)
2" Headers (Optional)
E85 or higher octane fuel
Correct plugs
Measure your push rods (Highly recommended)
Intake Manifold upgrade (High Ram or CDI) Port matched
102 TB/Accufab 4500
Correct Springs for the build (Single beehives or duals)
Ti intake Valves (LS9) (Optional)

From auto cars to stick cars on average we are seeing 530-560whp depending how wild you'd to go.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:05 AM   #96
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
I believe ITB refers to Individual Throttle Body.

As for the original question on this thread, I'm excited that we very soon will have a package from GPI to share with the public that will make a 550whp "bolt on, stock bottom end" heads/cam package a reality.

I should add/clarify, this 550+whp package is a combination that will not require a high-ram or other short runner intake that is going to require cutting up your hood and cowl. Nor will it require an exotic valve-train or super high stall converter (and gearing for the stick guys) to appropriately support the rpm range those short runner intakes need to live at to deliver their best. Nor does it require modification to the bottom end to generate sufficient compression for the package camshaft - no fly cutting.

If you're up for getting more wild and want to do a high ram, valvetrain and drivetrain to support the rpm shift in the power, and fly-cutting to bring up the compression, then 600+ to the tires from your NA SBE LS3 is very much a possibility. Like 62nalide said, aftermarket manufacturers continue to push the envelope on what's possible on this platform, and those numbers are very much attainable. It requires a well thought out combination, but absolutely is not "rare" this day in age.

Our new combination aims to take the "well thought out" piece of the puzzle out of the equation, offering a one stop option for consumers looking for the complete package they can order and bolt-on that sort of power without researching and independently sourcing all of those important components. It also aims to offer a very streetable, non invasive (no high ram/short runner baggage) option. For guys that want to chase 600 at the wheels on motor, we'll have a short runner option for that as well.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:55 PM   #97
boostedlude

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
Quote:
I should add/clarify, this 550+whp package is a combination that will not require a high-ram or other short runner intake that is going to require cutting up your hood and cowl. Nor will it require an exotic valve-train or super high stall converter (and gearing for the stick guys) to appropriately support the rpm range those short runner intakes need to live at to deliver their best. Nor does it require modification to the bottom end to generate sufficient compression for the package camshaft - no fly cutting.

If you're up for getting more wild and want to do a high ram, valvetrain and drivetrain to support the rpm shift in the power, and fly-cutting to bring up the compression, then 600+ to the tires from your NA SBE LS3 is very much a possibility. Like 62nalide said, aftermarket manufacturers continue to push the envelope on what's possible on this platform, and those numbers are very much attainable. It requires a well thought out combination, but absolutely is not "rare" this day in age.

Our new combination aims to take the "well thought out" piece of the puzzle out of the equation, offering a one stop option for consumers looking for the complete package they can order and bolt-on that sort of power without researching and independently sourcing all of those important components. It also aims to offer a very streetable, non invasive (no high ram/short runner baggage) option. For guys that want to chase 600 at the wheels on motor, we'll have a short runner option for that as well.
Waiting to see this package!!
Old 08-30-2021, 08:04 PM   #98
KnoxSS1LE

Drives: 2013 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Since 2018 500-550whp out of an L99/LS3 is very common to do and achieve. Been thankful for a good amount of people on this page to let me be a small part in their build.
Here's a list that I have been prettying much helping people with

OEM CNC Ported heads (milled) - Aftermarket for better results due to valve angle
.040" Head gasket
Short Travel Lifters (Optional)
Cam spec'd for the build (Any good cam)
2" Headers (Optional)
E85 or higher octane fuel
Correct plugs
Measure your push rods (Highly recommended)
Intake Manifold upgrade (High Ram or CDI) Port matched
102 TB/Accufab 4500
Correct Springs for the build (Single beehives or duals)
Ti intake Valves (LS9) (Optional)

From auto cars to stick cars on average we are seeing 530-560whp depending how wild you'd to go.
Can't wait to see what my build does. Thanks to you guys at Frankenstein heads and cam are on the way. Any guesses on WHP?
Roto-Fab intake
Nick Williams 103mm TB
LOD intake manifold and fuel rails
1050cc injectors
Ceramic plug wires and new plugs
Frankenstein M311 heads
Cam Motion custom grind cam per Frankenstein specs
Stainless Works 2" headers and high flow cats
Melling HV oil pump
Lingenfelter thermostat
New dampener crank pulley
Upgraded timing chain