Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Question for people that run a E-force SC

If you stayed with the 3.5 pully and used a much larger heat exchanger, could one expect not to have heat soak issues with the internal aftercooler , street and Drag use, not auto cross or circuit racing
Old 03-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
If you stayed with the 3.5 pully and used a much larger heat exchanger, could one expect not to have heat soak issues with the internal aftercooler , street and Drag use, not auto cross or circuit racing
Some things you can do to reduce IAT.

Use a higher percentage of distilled water adjust freeze protection for your climate if no freeze protection is necessary use Straight distilled water and water wetter.

Install a LPE high flow water pump to move more water faster through the intercooler system.

Set your fans to run at 95% at 89C.

These three things are the most effective at reducing IAT for little to no cost.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
93TAWicked1

Drives: Camaro
Hmmmm. I'm in the same point, I worked out the fuel system and put headers and pulled down to 3.25 I think. The one smaller than came with the manual kit. Looking now at cooling. I do have a zl1 hood and bumper and that seemed to help iats slightly...now trying to decide bwtween:

Super chiller
alky control meth
Bigger heat exchanger and pump.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1 View Post
Hmmmm. I'm in the same point, I worked out the fuel system and put headers and pulled down to 3.25 I think. The one smaller than came with the manual kit. Looking now at cooling. I do have a zl1 hood and bumper and that seemed to help iats slightly...now trying to decide bwtween:

Super chiller
alky control meth
Bigger heat exchanger and pump.
Interchiller & Pump
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote