Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
gpr

Drives: never fast enough
What colors are comparable to IOM

I thought i read somewhere that the IOM offered on the camaro is also offered on other GM vehicles but is named differently. What vehicles is that color offered on, and is it the exact same color?

There is a the dealership next to my work that has a burnt orange colored g8, is that the same color as IOM for the camaro?

My order should be pulled by GM soon and i'm starting to second guess my choice.
gpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Same color as the orange on the solstice and on the Canyon trucks.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
Same color as the orange on the solstice and on the Canyon trucks.
Well Ive seen the canyon w/ the IOM and imo it looks completely different. And I've seen the IOM on the camaro in person as well 3 times. On the canyon it just looks like it has a rust/burnt orange in it. On the camaro its brighter just looks a world of difference IMO.
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbrock25 View Post
Well Ive seen the canyon w/ the IOM and imo it looks completely different. And I've seen the IOM on the camaro in person as well 3 times. On the canyon it just looks like it has a rust/burnt orange in it. On the camaro its brighter just looks a world of difference IMO.
What year Canyon? The older ones were "Sunburst Orange" (a completely different color).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
I don't believe GM makes a car/truck right now that is anything comparable to IOM. They have the Atomic Orange Metallic on the Vette but that is burnt orange which is what i wished they would've released on the camaro!!
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgalles View Post
They have the Atomic Orange Metallic on the Vette but that is burnt orange which is what i wished they would've released on the camaro!!
+1, I wanted that color too.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
Betro02

Drives: Powerful
the hummer h3 has the same orange same with the new Colorado/canyon trucks and I belive other cars also have them
Betro02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #8
GaryTucker

I just went and looked at an IOM Camaro. It's the same color, but it doesn't look the same on the camaro. Still a gorgeous color, but not what I was looking for. I'm down to black or white now. Really thought I'd want the IOM, but decided otherwise once I saw the car. I'm telling you...you need to look at the color you want on this car versus on any other car. This car changes with each color and you may or may not like the lines of the car or how the color shows on the camaro.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
EnfuegoZ28

Drives: 2000 GMC Sonoma
I think the Orange on the Solstice and Canyon is lighter than the IOM on the Camaro. If you can get the color samples for the Camaro, the IOM is pretty close to the IOM on the Camaro.
EnfuegoZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
gpr

So is the IOM on the camaro comparable to the Atomic orange on the vette's? i have seen that before and really like it. There has only been one camaro in my area and it was yellow so i am basically ordering blind, and i don't know what to do. Some pics of the IOM i love it, and other pics i see and it looks dull.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
gpr

One more question. I have looked at tons of picturs of the IOM exterior cars. How come on some of them They have the orange seats, but they don't have the orange door panels and dash?

i really like the orange seats but the orange dash and door panels might be to much for me. I ordered the inferno orange interrior option, but how do you get it with just orange seats only????? Post #11 on the first page of the official IOM thread in the sticky is what i am talking about.

thanks for all the help guys!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
GaryTucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpr View Post
So is the IOM on the camaro comparable to the Atomic orange on the vette's? i have seen that before and really like it. There has only been one camaro in my area and it was yellow so i am basically ordering blind, and i don't know what to do. Some pics of the IOM i love it, and other pics i see and it looks dull.

I can tell you for a FACT that Atomic Orange and IOM are not anywhere near the same as I saw them right next to each other. There was an AO corvette on the lot when I was looking at the IOM camaro. The AO on the vette is much more "rusty" whereas the IOM is more red-orange for lack of a better word.

As far as the solstice and canyon...I know the solstice is even called the same color...the canyon I don't know. Both were posted on here earlier by someone else as matches. I've seen the IOM or whatever the "cutesy" name is for the solstice paint, and it does appear to be the same color seeing both of them in person...the Canyon I feel pretty sure on too...but wouldn't bet my life on it!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Colorado/canyons, soltice, H3s and Avys

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #14
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
I can tell you for a FACT that Atomic Orange and IOM are not anywhere near the same as I saw them right next to each other. There was an AO corvette on the lot when I was looking at the IOM camaro. The AO on the vette is much more "rusty" whereas the IOM is more red-orange for lack of a better word.
Agreed. The AO Corvette is definite orange. In other words, people aren't mistaking it for red in pictures and bad lighting.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote