Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
Randy V.B.

Drives: 2015 2ss 1le
Lsa swap help

Hello everyone, I was hoping I could get a bit of help from some of the people that have already done the LSA swap. I have done a lot of research in but I’m still confused on a few things,
I have a 2015 Camaro 2ss 1LE. The car I will be getting the supercharger off of is a 2013 ZL1. He is going a completely different route so he won’t need allot of the stuff on the car now.
I can get his supercharger, front assembly drive if that’s compatible, aftercooler, and all plumbing.

Basically everything I guess. From my understanding my 1LE already has the ZL1 fuel pump?
What other pieces am I going to have to buy aftermarket that won’t be on his car that will make it work on mine?
I have already ordered the crank pin kit as I knew I would need that for sure.
I know I’m going to have to have a custom tune by someone.
What I’m confused about is the extras I will need, electrical? Extra wire plugs and harness?
Anyway, anyone that can throw some information my way I’m all ears. I’m not going to start the project until I have everything I need hopefully.

Thanks in advance
Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Randy V.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #2
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Go to LSA-conversions website
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Mine was a LS3 swap, not sure of the 1LE set up. Harness extenders and fuel line off of ZL1 may be needed. Take a pics of your engine that may help people give advice. Western Michigan Automotive also has swap parts.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #4
Scotty D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Mine was a LS3 swap, not sure of the 1LE set up. Harness extenders and fuel line off of ZL1 may be needed. Take a pics of your engine that may help people give advice. Western Michigan Automotive also has swap parts.
Its the same engine
Old 03-18-2021, 02:54 PM   #5
Randy V.B.

I was looking at a few of the websites that sell conversion parts, I was just unsure if there was anything that his car would not have that I would have to buy aftermarket. I’ve ordered a few of the small things I know I will need.

2015 camaro 2ss rs 1le. jannetty blower cam,jannetty fuel controler, jannetty tune, 1050 id injectors, Kooks long tube's with zl1 corsa extreme exhaust. lsa conversion 14 lbs boost. roto fab intake. afco intercooler, Mcleod rst. hotchkis lowering springs.z28 rims, copo hood

Old 03-18-2021, 07:36 PM   #6
Scotty D

Also try Boostdistrict.com
Old 03-18-2021, 07:49 PM   #7
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
The crank pulley is different between the LSA and LS3. That said, I'm not sure what you need to make it work.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #8
Tarendor

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss rs L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy V.B. View Post
I was looking at a few of the websites that sell conversion parts, I was just unsure if there was anything that his car would not have that I would have to buy aftermarket. I’ve ordered a few of the small things I know I will need.

When I did my research on doing an LSA I figured out the hang up is the balancer. The snout on the zl1 is a different size, so you can't use the ZL1 balancer...that means you don't have the belt drive.

Basically what I came up with was that you could swap all the front drive assembly parts from the ZL1 and because of the balancer it won't work.

The best best is to go get the hardware parts from a place like this.

https://c-8parts.com/collections/ven...%20PERFORMANCE

I went turbo instead lol
2012 2SS/RS, L99, no cats/mufflers, Ported intake manifold, fuel rail upgrade, ID1050x injectors, Vmax throttle body, 25% UDP, GPI DOD delete, GPI SS3, GPI cnc heads, GPI – 5/16″ Hardened Pushrods, BTR trunion upgrade, BTR .660 springs, pcv revamp w/dual catch cans, Circle D 3800, full BMR suspension & bushings. ZL1 fuel pump, HPT programmed fpcm. JMS bap, Snow VC-50 methanol setup. custom 4gal methonal tank, vs7875 turbo, FMIC, precision 46mm WG, 50mm BOV, 3bar map, SJM line lock, Innovate SCG-1, Hurst shifter with tap shift mod, ×2 Holley 14" fans Diy E85, Diy auxiliary pump
Tarendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:17 PM   #9
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarendor View Post
When I did my research on doing an LSA I figured out the hang up is the balancer. The snout on the zl1 is a different size, so you can't use the ZL1 balancer...that means you don't have the belt drive.

Basically what I came up with was that you could swap all the front drive assembly parts from the ZL1 and because of the balancer it won't work.

The best best is to go get the hardware parts from a place like this.

https://c-8parts.com/collections/ven...%20PERFORMANCE

I went turbo instead lol

Ok thank you very much for that. That’s exactly the information I was looking for. I see I can buy a front drive assembly that will make all my accessories work from Lsx innovations and run the blower. That’s likely the way I will go. I am getting all the parts from the ZL1 this weekend so I guess I will go from there. I’m getting a smoking deal on the stuff or I would’ve went with a pro charger I think. It’s really hard and expensive to get any of this stuff where I live. I’m trying to do it on a budget for now. I know my cam I have in the car is not great for a supercharged application also but that’s going to have to be the next bunch of money spent lol.

Old 03-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #10
Tarendor

**Without trying to start an argument I would say that you don't need to worry about the cam. It will work with whatever you slap onto it. Will it be the "best" probally not, however it will work just fine until you decide to push for more again. Their are plenty of people using the "wrong" cam for their setup doing very well. (Myself included, GPI ss3 vvt cam with turbo)

**I am not trying to open the door to a volumetric efficiency argument. I have a degree in computational fluid dynamics and mechanical engineering, so we can go as deep into the rabbit hole as needed lol my point is that any cam will "work" some better then others but they all "work"
2012 2SS/RS, L99, no cats/mufflers, Ported intake manifold, fuel rail upgrade, ID1050x injectors, Vmax throttle body, 25% UDP, GPI DOD delete, GPI SS3, GPI cnc heads, GPI – 5/16″ Hardened Pushrods, BTR trunion upgrade, BTR .660 springs, pcv revamp w/dual catch cans, Circle D 3800, full BMR suspension & bushings. ZL1 fuel pump, HPT programmed fpcm. JMS bap, Snow VC-50 methanol setup. custom 4gal methonal tank, vs7875 turbo, FMIC, precision 46mm WG, 50mm BOV, 3bar map, SJM line lock, Innovate SCG-1, Hurst shifter with tap shift mod, ×2 Holley 14" fans Diy E85, Diy auxiliary pump
Old 03-19-2021, 10:22 AM   #11
Randy V.B.

Quote:
**Without trying to start an argument I would say that you don't need to worry about the cam. It will work with whatever you slap onto it. Will it be the "best" probally not, however it will work just fine until you decide to push for more again. Their are plenty of people using the "wrong" cam for their setup doing very well. (Myself included, GPI ss3 vvt cam with turbo)

**I am not trying to open the door to a volumetric efficiency argument. I have a degree in computational fluid dynamics and mechanical engineering, so we can go as deep into the rabbit hole as needed lol my point is that any cam will "work" some better then others but they all "work"

That was my thoughts exactly, maybe next winter I will change it. We have a long winter to change stuff. For now I just want it to be together and work that’s all.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:26 AM   #12
Tarendor

Get it done
Get it tuned
Get use to it
Go bigger

MOD SICKNESS 😷
Old 03-19-2021, 08:19 PM   #13
Randy V.B.

Quote:
Get it done
Get it tuned
Get use to it
Go bigger

MOD SICKNESS

Is that out of the bible??? Lol

Old 03-19-2021, 08:24 PM   #14
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I used a ZL1 crank pulley on my swap. I got a drive assembly kit from LSX Innovations that worked great, everything lined up nicely. I use a 6 rib belt that sits in the middle of the zl1 pulley (8 rib). Not a big deal, the kit has spacers that work out nice. The vendor is a member in here and he took care of me.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote