Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #57
Graham Behan

Drives: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
congrats , now thats moving, imagine what it would do if you put it on a diet and stick an auto trans in it.
Throughout the past year we have used this car as a test bench to develop components and systems under "extreeme" conditions. I would personally like to thank all of the companies that have partnered with us in these efforts, the list is a long one and I will not attempt to remember all today, but will update a post on Monday.

The immediate future for this car is to continue this process in its current configuration, a high powered, heavy manual six speed.

Graham.

P.s. We have a few ideas about next years car, but that is for next year!
Graham Behan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #58
REAPER SS

Drives: 2010 CAMARO BLK 2SS/L99
Everybody Stand up!!! Congrats for being the 1st 5th Gen in the 8s
REAPER SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:43 AM   #59
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Behan View Post
Throughout the past year we have used this car as a test bench to develop components and systems under "extreeme" conditions. I would personally like to thank all of the companies that have partnered with us in these efforts, the list is a long one and I will not attempt to remember all today, but will update a post on Monday.

The immediate future for this car is to continue this process in its current configuration, a high powered, heavy manual six speed.

Graham.

P.s. We have a few ideas about next years car, but that is for next year!
Graham, whats done to the trans in that car if you dont mind me asking?
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #60
Graham Behan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
Graham, whats done to the trans in that car if you dont mind me asking?
Ed,
There have been several iterations of modification level to our Trans, these range from completely stock to 300m main shaft with bronze forks and sliders. We have stock gears, mostly, and have not seen any failures of major components. The failures we have seen have been synchronizers due to "missed" power shifts. We did try a "face plated" Trans on Sunday at the LSX shootout; this failed the main shaft bearing and sheared the input gear, due to a manufacturing error. We will test next with the "face plated" Trans, developing a torque limiting device for the shift. The next test will also incorporate revised shocks fresh from Pedders Australia.

Graham.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #61
RPSCAM

Drives: Mustang
Graham, great job!! Thanks for taking us along.
I sent you a PM.

Rob Smith
President, RPS
RPSCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #62
Graham Behan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPSCAM View Post
Graham, great job!! Thanks for taking us along.
I sent you a PM.

Rob Smith
President, RPS
Rob,
We would not have been able to get this far without the excellent product your company supplied, so thank you.

Graham.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #63
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Ed,
There have been several iterations of modification level to our Trans, these range from completely stock to 300m main shaft with bronze forks and sliders. We have stock gears, mostly, and have not seen any failures of major components. The failures we have seen have been synchronizers due to "missed" power shifts. We did try a "face plated" Trans on Sunday at the LSX shootout; this failed the main shaft bearing and sheared the input gear, due to a manufacturing error. We will test next with the "face plated" Trans, developing a torque limiting device for the shift. The next test will also incorporate revised shocks fresh from Pedders Australia.

Graham.
Working with Graham and Lingenfelter is a pleasure. Everyone provides feedback, but Lingenfelter provides feedback with video and data. This is how a partnership should work where the result is greater than the individual components. While they are using Pedders Supercar coilovers now they are going to be using LINGENFELTER Special Edition Supercar Coilovers for the next test.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #64
xx_ED_xx

Quote:
Ed,

Graham.
Thanks Graham,

Yes the new synchros arent as robust as the t56 offerings. Who are you getting your tr6060 faceplating stuff from I have asked around and was told it wasnt available. I figured if i got rid of the weak synchros then this trans should be very dependable for what i was hoping to do.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #65
Graham Behan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx View Post
Thanks Graham,

Yes the new synchros arent as robust as the t56 offerings. Who are you getting your tr6060 faceplating stuff from I have asked around and was told it wasnt available. I figured if i got rid of the weak synchros then this trans should be very dependable for what i was hoping to do.
RPM Transmissions does the trans for us, I believe the face plated parts are Liberty.

Graham.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #66
xx_ED_xx

Thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #67
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtires View Post
what rear tire size did you use?
I believe they are using a 30" tire that is a nostalgia tire.

Tags
what a joke