Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #43
Michael2000

Drives: .
I am glad you weren't seriously hurt. If you feel any pain, and I mean ANY, get to the doctor right away. Do the physical therapy, or whatever, they prescribe. Don't wait for it to no heal, like I did, and then not have it heal. The insurance companies use that as an excuse to not pay for medical treatment later. I ended up in a five year court battle.

Document EVERY doctor visit, and treatment with date, time, and mileage driven. Every!

Also don't sign anything without a lawyer, and don't fall for their measly lump sum payments where they put in language waiving all your rights. At least, I didn't fall for that one.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #44
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Sorry to hear! But happy you're ok!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #45
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Soooo sorry for the loss of your baby. Glad you are not badly hurt. I sincerely hope you get just compensation & can get another Camaro you will love. I just read a thread of a guy on here who is trying to sell his 1LE with no offers. Maybe you can find another one with low miles that will make your permagrin come back. Check with Becky Rogers of one of the other dealers on here. They may may be able to find you one.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #46
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Glad you're ok; that's the important thing. I know how you feel; I was in a similar situation over a month ago. But a car can be fixed.

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #47
TCB ZL1

Drives: Summit White 2014 ZL1
Glad your ok hope you get what you want to replace it
TCB ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #48
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT. ACCIDENTS IMPLY NOT ONE IS AT FAULT. COLLISION SHOULD BE THE TERM USED. I AM VERY INTERESTED WHAT THE POLICE TRAFFIC COLLISION REPORT STATES, THAT IS WHAT HELPS DIRECT INSURANCE COMPANIES TO WHO IS AT FAULT. HOPEFULLY THE INTERSECTION HAD CAMERAS, THAT WOULD BE CUT AND DRY....WITNESSES? I SURE HOPE SO....I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK AND HOPEFULLY IT DOESN'T TURN INTO A "HE SAID SHE SAID"...ASSUMING THE DRIVER OF THE SIENNA WAS A WOMAN..PLEASE GET WHAT IS OWED TO YOU....

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #49
Badblu67

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE
Sucks that this collision happened to you... Distracted driving is becoming an epidemic. Glad to hear you weren't seriously injured and hope they resolve things in your favor.
Badblu67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #50
sdmbdad71

Drives: 2013 VR 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
The separation anxiety is setting in.... I miss my car!

The accident happened 85mi away from here, so I've not seen her yet. The adjusters haven't contacted me, nor looked at the damage yet either.

I spoke to an attendant at the tow facility, he informed me that he has a '14 SS and knows exactly what my car is. I asked him about the damage and his descriptors were this:

*He told me that the post where the passenger door closes was displaced inward 6".
*The passenger quarter would have to be cut out and replaced because "there's no way to fix that"
*The driver quarter had some damage, but "not too bad"
*Both rear wheels were broken and would have to be replaced.

I then asked him......So, can you tell me anything about the rear suspension? His reply really confirmed my fears.

"Oh yeah, um... that. Well, um... it's F#@k'd.

He went on to explain that virtually everything under the rear end is bent or twisted, everything will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

He said he thought there was around $10k in damage..... At this point I really hope it's more.... I just don't want a car with a rebuilt rear-end, straightened mounts, stretched B-pillar, and that has been cut apart to weld in a replacement panels.

.... I have come to realize that the car I had is now gone, damn this really sucks!
sdmbdad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #51
Matty1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro 2$$
I hope for your sake their insurance company is GOOD! I feel for the loss and if your lucky they will just total it out and save the hacker work cause there is no way to make this car decent again. Body shops do AWFUL work nowadays and the car will never look the same or handle the same. Press hard for a 100% total loss claim its really the only way to go especially since the accident was another parties fault.

Years ago a F-250 truck ran a red light while I was going close to 50mph in my 325is and T-boned him almost killed me. I got total kbb value + extra due to all the mods I had done the adjuster was very much in my help cause she knew I was going to sue the living crap out of them. Glad to hear you are okay poor 1LE died a wrong death from a minivan!
Matty1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #52
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Sad to see a 1LE like this but a car can be fixed or written off and is a non-fixed asset. I'm glad the car did it's job and saved your life.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:50 AM   #53
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmbdad71 View Post
The separation anxiety is setting in.... I miss my car!

The accident happened 85mi away from here, so I've not seen her yet. The adjusters haven't contacted me, nor looked at the damage yet either.

I spoke to an attendant at the tow facility, he informed me that he has a '14 SS and knows exactly what my car is. I asked him about the damage and his descriptors were this:

*He told me that the post where the passenger door closes was displaced inward 6".
*The passenger quarter would have to be cut out and replaced because "there's no way to fix that"
*The driver quarter had some damage, but "not too bad"
*Both rear wheels were broken and would have to be replaced.

I then asked him......So, can you tell me anything about the rear suspension? His reply really confirmed my fears.

"Oh yeah, um... that. Well, um... it's F#@k'd.

He went on to explain that virtually everything under the rear end is bent or twisted, everything will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

He said he thought there was around $10k in damage..... At this point I really hope it's more.... I just don't want a car with a rebuilt rear-end, straightened mounts, stretched B-pillar, and that has been cut apart to weld in a replacement panels.

.... I have come to realize that the car I had is now gone, damn this really sucks!

I won't try to give you advice you didn't ask for. Sorry about your car. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #54
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Sorry to hear about your collision, glad you are okay.

Frame and suspension damage are usually hard to get fixed right. Hard to square up everything true after its been bent every which way. Pillar damage along with all the other damage makes it sound like it most likely will be totaled.

I'd argue with the pillar damage you wouldn't want to trust the car with your life anymore. When the insurance sends the adjuster out see if you can meet the and explain your concerns, often they have some leeway to go with your preference if it is close either way.

I'd know if it was my car I'd push for a total. Make sure if you did anything to your car they take the under consideration as they should make you whole so car book value plus mod cost(plus labor)
Old 03-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #55
sdmbdad71

Drives: 2013 VR 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOGGS-LS3-1LE View Post
IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT. ACCIDENTS IMPLY NOT ONE IS AT FAULT. COLLISION SHOULD BE THE TERM USED. I AM VERY INTERESTED WHAT THE POLICE TRAFFIC COLLISION REPORT STATES, THAT IS WHAT HELPS DIRECT INSURANCE COMPANIES TO WHO IS AT FAULT. HOPEFULLY THE INTERSECTION HAD CAMERAS, THAT WOULD BE CUT AND DRY....WITNESSES? I SURE HOPE SO....I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK AND HOPEFULLY IT DOESN'T TURN INTO A "HE SAID SHE SAID"...ASSUMING THE DRIVER OF THE SIENNA WAS A WOMAN..PLEASE GET WHAT IS OWED TO YOU....
The reporting officer told me that it was a best-case-scenario for witnesses. There was a witness traveling next to me going my direction that reported that our light was green, and there was a witness sitting at the red light that reported that he saw the driver run through the red light signal.

The driver himself also acknowledged running the light to the reporting officer. I was told that he stated that his mind was just somewhere else and by the time he saw me, it was too late. His insurance informed me that they accept liability in the case, and that they will be sending the adjuster.

The at-fault driver was a middle-aged every-man.
sdmbdad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #56
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
If they don't total, get that Z28 rear diff, otherwise tell them to F off.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote