Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-07-2017, 05:55 AM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
A stock camaro v6 will not outrun a wrx sti stock vs stock. Both run common low 14s with the sti in the 13.9 more often then the camaro. It would be a very close race
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #30
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
A stock camaro v6 will not outrun a wrx sti stock vs stock. Both run common low 14s with the sti in the 13.9 more often then the camaro. It would be a very close race

AWD cars suffer at top speed, especially the sti and evos. We aren't talking 1/4 miles which a stock sti can do high 12 to low 13s. I haven't seen a stock sti do 14s here in Florida.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #31
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
A 60 roll? Simple physics would indicate he won. He had you beat on weight, HP and gearing. He knew full well he would gap you with a 1 second start from a 60 roll, catching him would be near impossible. Your only chance in that scenario would have been with 3.91 gears starting in 3rd. If you ask him for a 40-45 roll he'll likely refuse.

Not enough to get upset over honestly, unless you got offended that he set up the race in his favor. You have the better vehicle, learn from it.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #32
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
AWD cars suffer at top speed, especially the sti and evos. We aren't talking 1/4 miles which a stock sti can do high 12 to low 13s. I haven't seen a stock sti do 14s here in Florida.
From what Ive seen stock stis are mid 13 second cars and up. 12.9 from a stock car is something ive never seen. You havnt saw one in the 14s.....i havent seen one in the 12s. And dont think I didnt catch your Florida jab as I sit here with freezing rain pouring down......bastard.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #33
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Yeah man, the others are pretty spot on. I thought it was stock when you mentioned it, therefore it was a little fishy you lost. But if he has all of that money dumped into it starting at a 60 roll, I'm honestly not surprised. As the others stated, his car has you beat on weight, drivetrain, and gearing most likely. He could have easily gained another 100HP out of that set up and has you beat by probably 400lbs. Only making 20-30 more HP than him at that weight disadvantage, it truly is a drivers race, especially if he set up a 60 roll in his favor. Whoever pulled first would have stayed ahead and kept it that way. Dont be upset you lost. Instead, try again from a 40-45 roll. That should give you the upper hand
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #34
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
From what Ive seen stock stis are mid 13 second cars and up. 12.9 from a stock car is something ive never seen. You havnt saw one in the 14s.....i havent seen one in the 12s. And dont think I didnt catch your Florida jab as I sit here with freezing rain pouring down......bastard.
It is still in the 80s here, I can't wait for a little cold.
I think they run that low here because of low elevation. My friend ran 12.9s all day at the track in his stock sti. AWD really helps on take off so does low elevation. Stay warm.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #35
jcaligood

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
A 60 roll? Simple physics would indicate he won. He had you beat on weight, HP and gearing. He knew full well he would gap you with a 1 second start from a 60 roll, catching him would be near impossible. Your only chance in that scenario would have been with 3.91 gears starting in 3rd. If you ask him for a 40-45 roll he'll likely refuse.

Not enough to get upset over honestly, unless you got offended that he set up the race in his favor. You have the better vehicle, learn from it.
great response. makes me feel better. thanks
ill catch him again at 45
jcaligood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #36
TTTAPOUT

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaligood View Post
with just heads and a big ass turbo?? what else? im assuming it was fully built with 722hp
Yeah, everything is done to it. 7 qt oil pan, nitride crank, ACL race bearings, Carrillo rods, Arias 100mm Pistons, Darton Sleeves, Cosworth Heads, Kelford Cams, TGV deletes, Air Pump Delete, Cosworth intake, 1650CC ID injectors, ACT 6 puck clutch, Ron Davis Radiator, Aquamist HFS-5 Methanol kit, Turbo XS rotated Turbo Kit modified for GT3794 Turbo, 3" Exhaust with electric cutout, running 39psi on VP C16.
TTTAPOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #37
jcaligood

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Yeah man, the others are pretty spot on. I thought it was stock when you mentioned it, therefore it was a little fishy you lost. But if he has all of that money dumped into it starting at a 60 roll, I'm honestly not surprised. As the others stated, his car has you beat on weight, drivetrain, and gearing most likely. He could have easily gained another 100HP out of that set up and has you beat by probably 400lbs. Only making 20-30 more HP than him at that weight disadvantage, it truly is a drivers race, especially if he set up a 60 roll in his favor. Whoever pulled first would have stayed ahead and kept it that way. Dont be upset you lost. Instead, try again from a 40-45 roll. That should give you the upper hand
Sounds about right. he pulled ahead first and kept it that way. he wasnt pulling away and i wasnt closing the gap.
ive been trying to find him again for revenge but no luck yet.
im hoping for a 3 horn honk next time, instead of him taking tf off without warning
jcaligood is offline   Reply With Quote