Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #43
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I have my 2013 1LE (modded: Z/28 susp /6 piston Vette brakes / rollbar/ 20" 2017 1LE wheels...ect)) and a currently stock C6 Grand Sport. Both have LS3 engines. (C6 hand build w/drysump), and both are the "track" version of their group. Neither is the fastest nor the highest HP available in the given chassis.

Hands down the C6 Grand Sport stock is a better track car with the correct tires. They can with a crap-ass Good year F1 run flat which really didn't allow the car to shine on the track or skidpad (for magazine number racers). It is lighter, more responsive and much easier to drive on the track. It is also a faster car (12.2ish vs 12.9 in the 1/4 when stock)

NOW, as more of a street car I prefer to drive the Camaro as it sits higher, is more comfy, has more room and still has enough HP to have fun (404whp). UNLESS the sun is out and I want to take the roof on the GS.

My Camaro is my street car that can go on the track....the Corvette is the track car that I can street. Just my 0.02 and not a C5
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #44
bayarea408

Drives: T
Funny, i own a 02 35 anniversary Z28, 2001 c5 corvette, and a turbo 5th gen.

The 4th gen is just soo cheap these days i cant let it go, the money is not worth it to me not just keeping it. I have been kicking a lot of ass in that car for years its much lighter and overall anticipation of the solid rear end and window visibility make the car a great car to drive fast.

The 5th gen is like a moving living room with new furniture compared to my 4th gen, materials overall cockpit design, the stereo, heated seats, the 2ss rs features are not much but they do add up, it is a comfortable tank that needed a little more punch hence my turbo.

The c5 corvette is better at being a sports car than the other two because it truly IS a sports car. The steering feel in addition to its weight completely compliments the torque it has. The c5 feels the most nimble and honestly if i wanted to make it faster is a fantastic platform for racing dare i say better then the 5th gen.

When i purchased my 5th gen it had everything my 4th gen and C5 did not have, refinement. Sure its a heavy tank, but its quiet, the interior is nicer and newer, the car is a total bachelor cruiser, and that is what i use it for.

so all in all the comparison between the two is kinda hard to make because they are very different. If you want a daily cruiser to drive around in the 5th gen is better and safer. If you want a track car that you plan to modify and get results from buy a C5 corvette you are not going to get that much car for anywhere close to 15 grand.

The 4th gen is just soo cheap its a steal, if anyone is considering a daily because they have raced out their 5th gen i highly recommend a nice 4th gen as a daily. OR if you're a LS iron block motor swapping boost adding gear head the 4th gen is the easiest chassis of the bunch to make fast for dragging.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:04 AM   #45
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
This is a legit bump. It took almost 5 years!
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #46
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
This is a legit bump. It took almost 5 years!
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote