Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-26-2017, 12:32 AM   #211
Snowmanvii

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #328
When you daily a Z and know it's going to storm you get creative with the parking.
Attached Images

Snowmanvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #212
sh233252

Drives: '14 Silverado LTZ, '11 Escape Ltd
It looks as though your roof is smashed in!
Old 04-29-2017, 03:33 AM   #213
Snowmanvii

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #328
Lol reflection off the top of the car mixed with a cheap phone camera.
Snowmanvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #214
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
So I did a few visual mods on the car (I have the ZL1 Addons Large Rock Guards on the front wheel wells, but those are more functional, though they look really cool too). LOVE the look of the car stock so I didn't want to go crazy, but one thing I added that I think completes the lines on the car is the Solarwing on the rear window. Even though it's AGM and tough to see, I also decided to put the black gill slits on (hard to see in the pic). Finally, and this one I was really hesitant about because of the color, I added the white letters on the tires (put on Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 305 front 325 rear, hence the "MICHELIN" lettering). I decided I didn't want to put letters on the top and bottom of the same tire, I thought that was too much (there is a pic in the Dodge Hellcat forum of a Green Hellcat parked next to a White Z/28....the Z/28 had white letters on only one side of the tire which I thought looked great so I essentially copied it). These are the actual TredWear rubber letters put on one by one so once they are on they will NEVER come off. All of these are obviously a matter of personal taste (some might think it looks too much like a NASCAR?). Anyhow, to me the car is now "complete".....just can't say enough how badass this thing is!
Attached Images

Last edited by rcandiloro; 05-08-2017 at 09:51 PM.
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #215
rcandiloro

The only interior visual (and functional) mods I made was, #1, ordering a RECARO seatbelt holder. It protects the seat and I think looks really cool. The other thing was putting a 427 emblem on the center side console. I originally bought the emblem to put on the hood. I just couldn't do it, but they were expensive and I was cleaning the inside of the car one night and decided, "These might actually look cool inside the car." The identical one is on the other side of the console. Again, personal taste and maybe too much......now I'm truly done!
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 AM   #216
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
You know, I am not really into appearance mods at all. If it doesn't help me go faster I dont need it. BUT, while working on the car saturday a friend of mine mentioned the Z/28 on the wheels would look cool if it where lettered white to offset the black (kind of like your tire letters). Its one appearance mod I would consider, just to break up the black.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #217
rcandiloro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
You know, I am not really into appearance mods at all. If it doesn't help me go faster I dont need it. BUT, while working on the car saturday a friend of mine mentioned the Z/28 on the wheels would look cool if it where lettered white to offset the black (kind of like your tire letters). Its one appearance mod I would consider, just to break up the black.
I was going back and forth with the white letters. I had a white ZL1 previously and put white letters on. Thought it looked great. My concern with having an AGM car was that it would be too much contrast, which is why I stuck with the letters only on one side of the tire. Now that they are on there I really like them. I think they make the tires "pop". As I stated in the post above, I absolutely love the look of the Z/28 totally stock so I didn't want to do too much.

If you do go with white letters don't use paint, it will turn yellow and flake. You need to use legit rubber letters. Took me 3 hours to put them on all four tires, letter by letter. Kind of nerve racking putting them on.....when you place them you have 5 seconds, maybe 10, before they are stuck permanently.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #218
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
I like the white letters on the tires. Do you have any more pics of just the tire(s) showing them in more detail?

I would also like to see more of the Solarwing?

Your car looks great!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #219
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
bear with me, this is MS paint im working with, and a blurry photo when zoomed in. But this is what I would consider...Z/28 has been painted white on the wheel. Rough idea, but worth considering IMO.
Attached Images

1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #220
rcandiloro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
I like the white letters on the tires. Do you have any more pics of just the tire(s) showing them in more detail?

I would also like to see more of the Solarwing?

Your car looks great!
Here's a close up of the tire. Lessons learned putting these on my ZL1.....the glue is like super glue turned up to 11....if you get any on your fingers stand by to have it on there for a month. I figured out a technique to minimize that happening AND to help place the letters properly so they don't have to be moved much. Like I said, you have literally about 5 seconds after they are on the tire to place it properly and then they are stuck forever!

Best pic I have of the solar wing. Just my personal preference, but I really like how it makes the roof flow into the rear of the car.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #221
rcandiloro

This is the pic that inspired me. Notice the full rear window covered by louvers (I think that's what they are called?). I didn't want to go that far so I just went with the solar wing look. I really like the subtle white lettering on the tires. Not too much IMO.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #222
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
That Solar Wing looks really cool-How was the install? Where did you buy? The louvers on that white Z/28, 2nd pic down, looks really old school nice also. Reminds me of my old 84 Camaro. I wonder if the louvers are a pain in the butt to install and maintain?

Good job.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #223
rcandiloro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
That Solar Wing looks really cool-How was the install? Where did you buy? The louvers on that white Z/28, 2nd pic down, looks really old school nice also. Reminds me of my old 84 Camaro. I wonder if the louvers are a pain in the butt to install and maintain?

Good job.
Here is the link to where I bought the solar wing.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/Re...maro-51280.htm

Of note, the pic has "GTS" in white letters on the side. I bought one for my ZL1 and it DID have those letters. I was expecting the one I ordered for my Z/28 to have them too, but it doesn't, it's a clear smoke grey plastic so I'm not sure what the deal is, you may or may not get those letters on the side. To do the install the right way requires two people. You prep the rear window with a solvent they provide, as well as rubbing alcohol. The tape is very sticky 3M so once it's on it won't come off. You really have to get it right the first time. I did it myself, basically practicing how to put it on correctly before removing the tape cover and actually putting it on. It took maybe 10 minutes total. Really easy install you just have to be careful.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #224
prd72

Drives: 14 Z/28 #180
First track day

A couple quick pics until I'm done the video

Name:  20170523_222025.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  199.1 KB

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  262.2 KB