Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #29
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
at least we have a choice.everyone used to be so awed at the 60s musclecars,these days a 6 cylinder can run right with the old school muscle and be more comfortable doing it.a coyote or SS camaro would destroy the older cars.

Lets have a little respect for the originals....it doesnt take much to get the old iron down the track in the 12s....not all theses cars are stock oviously and still running small tires. But as you can see by the times...they arent fooling aound.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #30
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Both are nice but the new Mustangs suck if you have broad shoulders. I hate sitting in those seats.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #31
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
maybe it's the car that does it then..it is more agile ..i think the weight is balanced a little better on the s550..
back end come out easily i know that..u have to be careful on roundabouts u dont loose the back end.
Negative ghostrider... The 1LE is definitely the superior handlind car. No question about it.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #32
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post

Lets have a little respect for the originals....it doesnt take much to get the old iron down the track in the 12s....not all theses cars are stock oviously and still running small tires. But as you can see by the times...they arent fooling aound.
no,but you and i know those times are not representative of showroom stockers.those guys have blueprinted engines and optimised suspensions.i feel like my camaro RS is every bit as fast as my old pontiac hotrod was and more comfortable.used it to beat 3rd and 4th gen camaros on a regular basis.not saying bad things about the older cars but times and technology have moved on,im pretty sure the SS and ZL-1 guys on this board would post respectable times on that track...that said i do a have a soft spot in my heart for the old iron,especially pontiacs.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #33
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
no,but you and i know those times are not representative of showroom stockers.those guys have blueprinted engines and optimised suspensions.i feel like my camaro RS is every bit as fast as my old pontiac hotrod was and more comfortable.used it to beat 3rd and 4th gen camaros on a regular basis.not saying bad things about the older cars but times and technology have moved on,im pretty sure the SS and ZL-1 guys on this board would post respectable times on that track...that said i do a have a soft spot in my heart for the old iron,especially pontiacs.
You will need to do more and spend more on your v6 to get it into the 12s then you would on a classic.....but they do ride like carp.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #34
redcoats1976

Quote:
You will need to do more and spend more on your v6 to get it into the 12s then you would on a classic.....but they do ride like carp.
certainly true,my v6 is a commuter and beach goer.if i was racing i would want the v-8.when i had my classic i could buy cams and lifters for less than 200 bucks,pick up a used set of headers for $35,and got my judge intake and carb for installing a repop interior into a friends judge.times havent changed for the better in that respect,all new car parts are high dollar.some days when i go out to the garage i miss the old non computerized hot rod.not driving it or filling up with gas though...
Old 11-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
certainly true,my v6 is a commuter and beach goer.if i was racing i would want the v-8.when i had my classic i could buy cams and lifters for less than 200 bucks,pick up a used set of headers for $35,and got my judge intake and carb for installing a repop interior into a friends judge.times havent changed for the better in that respect,all new car parts are high dollar.some days when i go out to the garage i miss the old non computerized hot rod.not driving it or filling up with gas though...
I remember as a kid my uncles all had fast cars...i remeber bring in the backseat bouncing all over the place...those car were all over the place and you felt everything through the car. Im 47 so back then child safety wasnt a priority.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #36
redcoats1976

im 59,when we were in high school 60s musclecars ruled the parking lot.last day of school everyone brought in a gallon of bleach.you could get a nice goat or chevelle for a couple thousand or less.good times...my kids asked if it was like the movie "fast times at ridgemont high"i laughed and said no we were much worse...in all ways.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:39 PM   #37
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
When I was a kid, just on my block there was a 68 stingray 427 tripower, 440 six pack superbird and a boss 429. Now those would be worth an outrageous amount of money, yet back then the vette was the only one even parked in a garage.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:38 AM   #38
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Cool 2016 GT build Coyote Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Sometimes you just have to draw people a picture.
Blind spot problem stopped me. Love my 2016 pony.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #39
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
If I could afford a Camaro AND a Mustang, I would.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:09 PM   #40
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Well looky here...the Peacok and the Squirrel are besties. You Mustang guys are animals.
Actually were beasts! I was bluebeast on here before the ban stick a few years ago. Now I use my wife's account to piss people off.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:10 PM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Actually were beasts! I was bluebeast on here before the ban stick a few years ago. Now I use my wife's account to piss people off.
Ya......i had that figured out a long time ago.....now im creeping you on mustangforums.