Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-31-2016, 06:32 AM   #15
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
even if that pos audi had 2000 bhp i still would never own it.
way too over engineered and pig ugly.
seen sooooo many people get stung buying german shite here in sweden..once out of warranty u might aswell get a sack of cash every year and burn it..
True dat homey. BMW = Break My Wallet.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:41 AM   #16
ndnashlenz

Drives: 2019 1SS Crush, 2017 Corolla White
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
With the S4 gearbox and AWD he should get a jump on you but you will eventually overtake him.
This!
ndnashlenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:44 PM   #17
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Small minds think alike.

I'm sure the bulk of Audi fans (several I know with 300k miles on their Audi's...) don't think much of anything Chevy makes either. So I guess it's fair that here, on Camaro5 forums, there would be vitriol for everything other than Chevy...or I guess Mustangs.

Of the several Audi's I owned, and the one BMW, I never had any major issues and performed simple maintenance myself.

Meanwhile in my 2013 SS 1LE, the transmission feels like it's about to destroy itself with every shift, with 23k miles on the clock. I really like this car in every respect, but the truth is it's put together wherever possible with the cheapest crap GM can get away with. I don't care about the cheap interior, it works fine for me, but I can see how some want to have finer things in life than low grade plastic in the cockpit.

Just wait until this new generation of Chevy's with direct injection start cranking out the miles, you'll feel the pain of high tech bs. You'll have to clean the engine with walnut shells and chisels after 80k miles. Direct injection is a great tech, more power, more efficiency. Good stuff, but comes with issues down the road. Not to mention the very high pressure fuel pump (probably upwards of 2000psi), and the subsequent pressure the injector seals have to deal with. Not so simple to add power safely anymore. Sure there are or will be upgraded HPFP, and maybe injector seals etc..more expense for the hobby.

Anyway, I'm a fan of cars and motorcycles, and I'm mostly brand agnostic. I like them all, if they have any redeeming qualities I can enjoy operating. Many years of various forums, I see the same sorts of nonsense spewed by brand apologists. To paraphrase: "My choice is the only choice and the best choice and all others are garbage and their owners are stupid blah blah blah..."

Wasn't that long ago that I swore I would not own anything GM (in spite of my liking some of their stuff), since it became government handout motors - but as always there is more to the story, and as it turns out that was a good investment that paid dividends for the government and our economy, and kept the brand alive.

I guess I'll leave this thread alone to the "only the Camaro rulz" nut swingers.

O.P. - good luck with the race, I hope you have fun with it win or lose.

IMO - The Camaro is an awesome car, the Audi S4 is pretty cool too.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #18
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
what an ugly car..i hate german cars with a passion.
AMERICAN ALL THE WAY FOR ME
Many years ago, I owned a 99 A-4, by far the best car I have ever owned. Black, deep tint and debadged was sexy as hell.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #19
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Small minds think alike.

I'm sure the bulk of Audi fans (several I know with 300k miles on their Audi's...) don't think much of anything Chevy makes either. So I guess it's fair that here, on Camaro5 forums, there would be vitriol for everything other than Chevy...or I guess Mustangs.

Of the several Audi's I owned, and the one BMW, I never had any major issues and performed simple maintenance myself.

Meanwhile in my 2013 SS 1LE, the transmission feels like it's about to destroy itself with every shift, with 23k miles on the clock. I really like this car in every respect, but the truth is it's put together wherever possible with the cheapest crap GM can get away with. I don't care about the cheap interior, it works fine for me, but I can see how some want to have finer things in life than low grade plastic in the cockpit.

Just wait until this new generation of Chevy's with direct injection start cranking out the miles, you'll feel the pain of high tech bs. You'll have to clean the engine with walnut shells and chisels after 80k miles. Direct injection is a great tech, more power, more efficiency. Good stuff, but comes with issues down the road. Not to mention the very high pressure fuel pump (probably upwards of 2000psi), and the subsequent pressure the injector seals have to deal with. Not so simple to add power safely anymore. Sure there are or will be upgraded HPFP, and maybe injector seals etc..more expense for the hobby.

Anyway, I'm a fan of cars and motorcycles, and I'm mostly brand agnostic. I like them all, if they have any redeeming qualities I can enjoy operating. Many years of various forums, I see the same sorts of nonsense spewed by brand apologists. To paraphrase: "My choice is the only choice and the best choice and all others are garbage and their owners are stupid blah blah blah..."

Wasn't that long ago that I swore I would not own anything GM (in spite of my liking some of their stuff), since it became government handout motors - but as always there is more to the story, and as it turns out that was a good investment that paid dividends for the government and our economy, and kept the brand alive.

I guess I'll leave this thread alone to the "only the Camaro rulz" nut swingers.

Attach my LS3 with a cam and all that torque to an average Audi transmission and see how long it last. My favorite brand is Porsche, the king in my book but even them and they allies have issues. Oh and as far as high mileage is concerned I am at 123K with a cam on a car that gets tracked, tires spun corners like a maniac and still says I want more is that all you got. My past BMW 3 series needed $4000 in rear end repairs at 83K.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:29 AM   #20
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Small minds think alike.

I hate Camaro nut swingers!!!
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #21
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Would be an interesting race, and I agree that, drivers being equal, he will likely jump you off the line, but with enough space, you'll pass him. That said, I too am an Audi fan, and nearly bought an S5 over the Camaro. I'm partial to larger two door coupes, and love the lines of the Audi.

I love my Camaro, and live with it's shortcomings because of it's strengths. To pretend it's as advanced as Audi or Porsche is silly IMHO. May be more robust in some instances, but I love it nearly as much for it's bruteness as much as I do it's truly American engineered formula......
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:25 PM   #22
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Would be an interesting race, and I agree that, drivers being equal, he will likely jump you off the line, but with enough space, you'll pass him. That said, I too am an Audi fan, and nearly bought an S5 over the Camaro. I'm partial to larger two door coupes, and love the lines of the Audi.

I love my Camaro, and live with it's shortcomings because of it's strengths. To pretend it's as advanced as Audi or Porsche is silly IMHO. May be more robust in some instances, but I love it nearly as much for it's bruteness as much as I do it's truly American engineered formula......
This is a good post some like the refined European feel ...I like the rip snorting sound of a cammed v8 with loud exhaust and a few rattles. Nice to see some of these refined rides at the track doing massive burnouts and running hard.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #23
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Small minds think alike.

What ? Camaro fans on a Camaro site. Wtf is going on here ?
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:47 PM   #24
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
My biggest complaint with Audi(VW) are thier constant electrical issues. My Porsche was a good car (928S) and I always had a soft spot for Mercedes. That being said I LOVE my Camaro. This is such a fun car!
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:11 AM   #25
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
My biggest complaint with Audi(VW) are thier constant electrical issues. My Porsche was a good car (928S) and I always had a soft spot for Mercedes. That being said I LOVE my Camaro. This is such a fun car!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #26
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
Quote:
my biggest concern is serving costs and depreciation..here the second u put the key in ya new german car u wave goodbye to 10 000 usd.

no thanks u can keep that..i am proud i have never owned german muck..only a 911 porsche i would ever consider...
audi R8? not a fekin chance..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #27
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I don't disagree. All my bikes have been European for the most part (current is a BMW) and I love the technology and quality. Just as in the cars though repair work is harder and more expensive. I love German cars, but I plan on keeping my baby for years. I'm so glad we got this over an A4, C class, or 3 series vert.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #28
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
This is, and IMO will nearly always be, a case by case issue. My wife had a Mercedes in the late 2000's, and once the warranty was up, small electrical issues plagued it. Every manufacturer has issues. Both Lexus sedans she's had since then have been nearly flawless up to 100K miles. I'm sure there's a few Lexus nightmare stories out there too.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote