Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #15
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Ok lol.

The new A10 is the most advanced auto ever put in an American car and probably ANY car. Its shifts are quicker than the A8 in the Z06/CTS-V which were much faster than the shifts in the A6 from the CTS-V/ZL1. You want to talk about shifting purely based on suspension, throttle position, and driving aggression? The A10 reads your damn mind lol. Not calling any crap on you just saying that like that's no hit against the new ZL1 as the A10 is a whole new world.

Besides all that, manual life
Why don't you take off your 6th Gen rose colored glasses for a moment... geez. He wasn't comparing the 5th Gen 6sp auto to the 6th Gen 10sp auto. He was however comparing the auto to the manuals...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Why don't you take off your 6th Gen rose colored glasses for a moment... geez. He wasn't comparing the 5th Gen 6sp auto to the 6th Gen 10sp auto. He was however comparing the auto to the manuals...
I don't have 6th gen rose colored glasses. My glasses are clear, if you want to continue to use that analogy. Certain people however have 5th gen glasses here...

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #17
ARCTIC

Drives: 2017 1SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnmaniac View Post
Oh and smaller trunk....
That is good to know. I might have to stick with a 5th gen so that my son can ride with us in the car. He's in a rear-facing car seat right now and my wife has to slide her seat forward a ways to make room for him. We can't give up any space right now. Maybe once he can be forward facing it'll be okay.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #18
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
That is good to know. I might have to stick with a 5th gen so that my son can ride with us in the car. He's in a rear-facing car seat right now and my wife has to slide her seat forward a ways to make room for him. We can't give up any space right now. Maybe once he can be forward facing it'll be okay.
Yeah man, I don't think any seating is an option in the back besides a youngster just old enough to not be in a car seat but still be less than 5' tall.

In a Motor Trend video, they did get a host in the back of the 6th ZL1 but yeah it didn't look like he'd want to be there for long.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #19
L36L72LS3
Jersey Jeff

Drives: 1969 Camaro L89/T400 ~ 2015 ZL1
Before there was an A10.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
........there was an A6. I know the difference. I was just stating that the A6 is a race-bread trans as is the 10 speed. Sure the A10 is sweet, but I'm happy with mine.

JerseyJeff
L36L72LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:42 AM   #20
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9020B View Post
This last weekend, I took my ZL1 to the dealership and test drove a Grand Sport. It was highly option out at 95K. I really liked the interior seating position on the Vette. The interior is much nicer. It feels like a much more refined car as you should expect at this price point. My ZL1 is lightly modded making 525 to the rear wheels, but it was clearly more powerful than the Vette. They have been sitting on this car for a while and are anxious to move it. It would be tempting for the right money difference, but I really like my ZL1.

Both are awesome cars
But probably the 6th gen ZL1 is the better car with the stronger SC engine and its superb agile handling "Alpha" platform. Just that the C7 Grand Sport has better looking external and internal design, kind of fighter jet cockpit sensation, amazing low seating position with an exotic car style exterior design.
Also the 6MT on the Camaro has a much better shifting design compared to the 7MT on the C7 Stingray where easily you can miss a shift going to the wrong one.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #21
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Well I have read all of the statements on this thread and have to agree with the ones who said they like the fifth gen better. I drove a 6th gen ZL1 for a day and I could not wait to get it back to the dealer. It was a A10 also. I will say I did like the trans but that was all. The car seemed to me kinda like riding in a tin can. It felt cheap and kinda like a car that came with a 6 cylinder in it and someone threw in a v8. It just did not seem as smooth and as refined as the 5 gen. I just thought to myself there was no way I was going to upgrade [if that is what you would say] and either trade mine in or sell it for one of the 6th gen ZL1. I really like my 5th gen. As of this present day I just do not think there is a car better than it for the money. GM hit the nail on the head with these cars.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #22
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I posted in this thread earlier and so far my feelings have not changed. Perhaps in the future I may try out a c6 or c7 Corvette since they are unexplored territory. There are no more "good" cars out there so Camaro and the current muscle cars are it in terms of new car excitement. Ashame that the industry has dwindled down to nothing.

However, if one hasn't tried out a Camaro, then now is a great time to get one, provided you can find a new one on the market.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:11 AM   #23
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Well I have read all of the statements on this thread and have to agree with the ones who said they like the fifth gen better. I drove a 6th gen ZL1 for a day and I could not wait to get it back to the dealer. It was a A10 also. I will say I did like the trans but that was all. The car seemed to me kinda like riding in a tin can. It felt cheap and kinda like a car that came with a 6 cylinder in it and someone threw in a v8. It just did not seem as smooth and as refined as the 5 gen. I just thought to myself there was no way I was going to upgrade [if that is what you would say] and either trade mine in or sell it for one of the 6th gen ZL1. I really like my 5th gen. As of this present day I just do not think there is a car better than it for the money. GM hit the nail on the head with these cars.
Well said, I can’t imagine a better all around car for touring and track.
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #24
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
comparing my 2015 RS to my old 1966 pontiac hot rod,the weight is about the same.definately more room in the old tempest.power and speed are about the same,of course the camaro is more comfortable and way better mpg.the camaro whispers along at 110 while the pontiac is bellowing.at 140 the pontiac is alerting every law enforcement officer within 3 miles that you are a bad,bad boy as it screams at redline.yeah,camaro all the way.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #25
JBZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Ok lol.

The new A10 is the most advanced auto ever put in an American car and probably ANY car. Its shifts are quicker than the A8 in the Z06/CTS-V which were much faster than the shifts in the A6 from the CTS-V/ZL1. You want to talk about shifting purely based on suspension, throttle position, and driving aggression? The A10 reads your damn mind lol. Not calling any crap on you just saying that like that's no hit against the new ZL1 as the A10 is a whole new world.

Besides all that, manual life
X2

Yeah, I thought my A6 was quick, nope, the A10 is a different animal!

2012 ZL1 preproduction car #13
ROTO-FAB intake / IC reservoir , 2.85" upper , ported inlet
JBZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote