Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #211
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
The Toyota camry outsold the mustang 4 to 1 in 2002, what's your point?
He wasnt comparing Mustang and camry. He was comparing two cars that would have been cross shopped. I know if i was shopping for a Mustang or a Camaro i wouldnt be like hey i know i want a sports car, but look at that camry, its a toyota so i should buy it.

Quote:
The t56 is far superior to the t5 in the 2v, the 4l60e is an okay trans but also far superior to fords offering. The 2v engine was a joke and put down the same power as a v6 accord did in 2003....

Ford mod motors in general do not take as well to abuse or high mileage like an LSx car, a girl I know threw a rod in her mach 1 4v. It will easily cost twice as much to replace it as an ls1 would.
Right the 2V was a joke performance wise, but it didnt have to be better it was already out selling camaro and firbird. Why would Ford spend the money to make it faster when they already sold the crap out of them.

I have no idea what your talking about saying ford mod motors dont take well to abuse and highmilage. The 4.6 is a damn reliable engine. The two valves and 3 valves iv had have taken more abuse then id like to admit and they all have been 170K-200K miles when i have gotten rid of them. Shoot my dad still has a 98 2V F150 that went through 3 teenage boys, and is knocking on 300K still runs like it just rolled off the car lot. Iv never had a 4.6 4v so i cant talk from personal experiance, but the abuse ive seen friends put them through they seem to be pretty tuff.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #212
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
The Toyota camry outsold the mustang 4 to 1 in 2002, what's your point?

Exactly. Using your logic the mustang is superior to a Maserati granturismo.... both v8 400+ hp coupes, but the mustang sold more so it's superior.
With the exception of power output and the lack of t-tops the Mustang WAS superior to the Camaro of those years in every way.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #213
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
He wasnt comparing Mustang and camry. He was comparing two cars that would have been cross shopped. I know if i was shopping for a Mustang or a Camaro i wouldnt be like hey i know i want a sports car, but look at that camry, its a toyota so i should buy it.

Right the 2V was a joke performance wise, but it didnt have to be better it was already out selling camaro and firbird. Why would Ford spend the money to make it faster when they already sold the crap out of them.

I have no idea what your talking about saying ford mod motors dont take well to abuse and highmilage. The 4.6 is a damn reliable engine. The two valves and 3 valves iv had have taken more abuse then id like to admit and they all have been 170K-200K miles when i have gotten rid of them. Shoot my dad still has a 98 2V F150 that went through 3 teenage boys, and is knocking on 300K still runs like it just rolled off the car lot. Iv never had a 4.6 4v so i cant talk from personal experiance, but the abuse ive seen friends put them through they seem to be pretty tuff.
Agreed, have had a few 4.6s myself with round 200k miles that still ran smooth as butter. Also known of quite a few with a decent amount of modifications that were as reliable as any. I have also seen more than my fair share of failed LS1s too.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #214
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Because every spoiled 16 year old girl in the US got a mustang. As most still do. Not ragging the stang. Just a fact.
Goto a bigger city like dallas or Houston..you will see more female drivers in 5th gens then the newer 5.0s. The cars have switched genders now lol.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #215
HeavyIOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Goto a bigger city like dallas or Houston..you will see more female drivers in 5th gens then the newer 5.0s. The cars have switched genders now lol.

Not just the big cities. i live in a smaller town and its 5th gen gallor with daddys princess driving.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #216
bigssc
Account Suspended

Drives: Black 2013 Camaro 2SS (auto L99)
this thread has been going on for exactly a month and 1 day. wow very impressive how internet now-it-alls will never stop! continue on gentlemen. and its soooo far off from what the OP's topic was. now i see toyotas being mentioned. the internet truly is a strange place.
bigssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #217
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Id say it's pretty even now honestly. I would bet there's more females driving current gen mustang than camaro. But that there are more females in SS' than in GT's

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold

Last edited by aggieguy13; 10-21-2013 at 01:23 PM.
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #218
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Thats true! I always here how the Mustangs are just teenage girl cars, not anymore than a 5th gen camaro. The 5th gen Camaro is the biggest girl car I have ever seen. out of every 30 I see only 1 is being driven by a male, thats a big maybe as well. Teenage girls seem to be the reason Chevy is selling so many.
MAN I need to move to Missouri! You guys seem to have an insane female to male ratio! Most Camaro's I see around here are male drive, but there is a fair amount of female Camaro owners too.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #219
HeavyIOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
MAN I need to move to Missouri! You guys seem to have an insane female to male ratio! Most Camaro's I see around here are male drive, but there is a fair amount of female Camaro owners too.

Haha its not like that in general, a lot of male redneck hilbilly wannabes here that have to have a jacked up truck, thats super fast because its loud and has big tirrrrs. On the other side A LOT of spoiled daddy girls that get a Camaro because they wernt knocked up at 15 lol
Old 10-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #220
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
With the exception of power output and the lack of t-tops the Mustang WAS superior to the Camaro of those years in every way.
Get out of your ford wet dream, they both had equal interior build quality... Though the design of the f body was more unique.

The LS1 was rated better mpg, it was more reliable, it made more power everywhere, it sounded better, it responded better to bolt ons, and it has a far superior aftermarket.

Line up a c5 ls1 vette and a ls1 f body and it's a drivers race.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #221
Stew

Quote:
Get out of your ford wet dream, they both had equal interior build quality... Though the design of the f body was more unique.

The LS1 was rated better mpg, it was more reliable, it made more power everywhere, it sounded better, it responded better to bolt ons, and it has a far superior aftermarket.

I would argue the Mustang had better build quality, the interior was CERTAINLY better, the Camaros and the 97-02 Camaro interior is far superior to the 93-96. The Mustang had a more compliant Chasis, and looks are really subjective as a lot of people think the Camaro looked a lot like a squished catfish. I guess that is what you mean by "distinctive"? I already covered the fact the LS1 was more powerful, but it was NOT more reliable without some internal work.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #222
HeavyIOM

Quote:

And you need to get off of GM's nuts!

The mustang build quality was no doubt better than then 4th gen fbody. Not great by any means, but still better than the 4th gen.

Design was more unique, how so? It had the exact same interior as just about every other GM of the time. The only thing that saves the Fbody in the looks department is the WS6.

The 4.6 2V is an amazing sounding motor. Sound is also subject to each individual person. What sounds good to one doesn't to the other

Again where are you getting that the LS1 is more reliable then a 4.6?

Almost all of your points are related to performance, which it has been stated that besides power, and performance the mustang of the same years blow the Camaro away. You cant argue against this its proven by the number of mustangs that were sold vs the number of Fbodies that were sold.

Before you tell me to get out of my ford wet dream, I am by no means a Ford guy. I am a car guy it doesn't have anything to do with who's name is on it.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #223
Stew

Quote:
And you need to get off of GM's nuts!

The mustang build quality was no doubt better than then 4th gen fbody. Not great by any means, but still better than the 4th gen.

Design was more unique, how so? It had the exact same interior as just about every other GM of the time. The only thing that saves the Fbody in the looks department is the WS6.

The 4.6 2V is an amazing sounding motor. Sound is also subject to each individual person. What sounds good to one doesn't to the other

Again where are you getting that the LS1 is more reliable then a 4.6?

Almost all of your points are related to performance, which it has been stated that besides power, and performance the mustang of the same years blow the Camaro away. You cant argue against this its proven by the number of mustangs that were sold vs the number of Fbodies that were sold.

Before you tell me to get out of my ford wet dream, I am by no means a Ford guy. I am a car guy it doesn't have anything to do with who's name is on it.
Hey, i thouht I was the biased Dodge guy. I was kind of hurt by his statement........
Old 10-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #224
HeavyIOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Hey, i thouht I was the biased Dodge guy. I was kind of hurt by his statement........

Im confused by your post lol