Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Ridiculous. I mean, c'mon guys, you're holding cars hostage that belong to someone else! That's not a good way to make a point. It's a good way to piss people off. And it worked. Wow.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:02 PM   #16
Indecision14

Drives: 2011 SS/RS...6SP...IBM...
It would be nice if GM would release a public statement about this mess...

My 2SS/RS shipped a week ago, I guarantee it's being held hostage...

WTF already...this is crazy
Indecision14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Vehicles held hostage? What?

...wouldn't it be hilarious if one of the Camaros transformed and just raised hell for being taken 'hostage'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
You can't say bad things about unions here.
I don't believe that's in the rules.....respect, no politics, and no-thread crapping is, though...
Old 03-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
As far i know no one pays anything till the day they take delivered , so how come [bought and paid for ] really !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
As far i know no one pays anything till the day they take delivered , so how come [bought and paid for ] really !
Customers would be the dealers, themselves...I don't know if they pay ahead of time to GM to get the cars....
Old 03-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
fourhounds
Slow is not an Option

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6M SGM
Allied?

It's the UNION .. . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This is just stupid. Why would Allied think this is a good idea?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Update on the issue from The local paper The Detroit news.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2...103242011&ts=H

Cars 'Held Hostage' In Legal Dispute

Delivery Company Refuses To Haul Hundreds Of GM, Chrysler Vehicles

POSTED: Thursday, March 24, 2011
UPDATED: 7:51 pm EDT March 24, 2011

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Hundreds of new General Motors and Chrysler vehicles are parked in a holding lot in Dearborn because of a dispute between the automakers and a car-hauling company.
Chrysler and GM said their vehicles, which are supposed to be delivered to local dealerships, are being "held hostage."
Watch: Automaker's' Dispute With Haulig Company Leaves Cars In Lot
The dispute is over how much the car-hauling company, Allied Systems, has asked the automakers to pay.
According to a driver for Allied Systems, the dispute started when Allied cut drivers' pay by 20 percent.
The driver, who asked not to be identified, said Allied Systems backed off the pay cut after the drivers' union threatened to strike.
The driver said at that point Allied Systems tried to make up the difference by imposing a fuel surcharge on the automakers.
General Motors and Chrysler have refused to pay the surcharge and have sued Allied Systems, demanding the vehicles be delivered.
The dispute has left auto salespersons, customers and delivery drivers caught in the middle.
"I feel like I'm in limbo," said one car-hauler who asked not to be identified. "It feels like it's a waiting game and we're kind of stuck in the middle. And we're just very hopeful that this gets worked out soon."
Car-haulers said they are also concerned about what the legal dispute will do to their jobs.
"The concern for my job is there because it's a battle between two very large companies," said a driver who works for Allied Systems. "I'm just hoping they can meet in the middle because a lot of people's livelihoods are at stake here."
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Maybe some guys on the way to Camaro fest should get a party together and break those puppies out of jail!
Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #24
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourhounds View Post
It's the UNION .. . . . . . .
The union didn't do anything wrong. The company decided to change a contract on the fly. It's bad management. This is one of those times the union stood up to the company with justice on their side. The company decided to instead charge clients extra. The clients refused, sued, and found other carriers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #25
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The union didn't do anything wrong. The company decided to change a contract on the fly. It's bad management. This is one of those times the union stood up to the company with justice on their side. The company decided to instead charge clients extra. The clients refused, sued, and found other carriers.
The unions do not help. Let's be real. I've taken pay cuts and gone without pay checks during tough times to help my company out. I'm not entitled to anything from my company other than to get pay for helping them make money. The union should have taken the pay cut while the company fixed its problems. How does this action help the company or the union?
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #26
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
It's simple economics. Fuel prices go up so, shipping charges go up. Unfortunately for Allied, they have contracts to their drivers and to their customers. If there is a provision in the contracts where they can alter the price billed to reflect the change in their costs then the customer just has to shell out more money. If there is no provision for that then Allied should have negotiated a better contract instead of pissing off their customers and in turn, their customers. I mean honestly, after hearing about this incident, who the hell would use Allied for future business? GM just needs to pay them what they want just for the vehicles they currently are holding hostage and then tell them to go **** themselves.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
The unions do not help. Let's be real. I've taken pay cuts and gone without pay checks during tough times to help my company out. I'm not entitled to anything from my company other than to get pay for helping them make money. The union should have taken the pay cut while the company fixed its problems. How does this action help the company or the union?
It doesn't, and you may be right. But it was not the union that parked the trucks with GM and Chrysler's property on them, that was Allied's decision. I think that's what The_Blur was getting to...
Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #28
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It doesn't, and you may be right. But it was not the union that parked the trucks with GM and Chrysler's property on them, that was Allied's decision. I think that's what The_Blur was getting to...
Bad behavior by Allied and the union. I agree totally.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote