Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #29
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It is an SS IVER.
Debate over!
Ctrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:35 PM   #30
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
BTW can someone tell me what an IVER is plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
I think its a V8. I agree with the speculation of those beeing the Bembro brakes. looks like a production SS bumper. True Dual exhaust (unlikely in the v6 - but if V6 does get true duals then yehaw) One think I wonder about the tires. If wonder if all the Camaro's that get the pirelli tires ( 19" and 20" )get the P-zero runflats or just the 20's on the SS?
runflats? I thought we were just getting standard tires with an inflation kit...
Old 08-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #31
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
runflats? I thought we were just getting standard tires with an inflation kit...
That is correct, as far as we know. But think about it...GM doesn't want a pre-production model sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire. Run-flats solve that problem. Can you imagine the heyday the press/blogs/mustang forums would have with shots of a Camaro broken down on the side of the road with a flat tire?
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #32
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
damn man!! you just made my day! best pics I've seen on the net of the SS anywhere! looks like Pirelli P-Zeros and true duals possibly--sweet!
And am I seeing things or do the taillights look similar to afterburners with the red glow along the top of each one?

I sure wish the door handles were body color though. and hmmm.. no chevy bowtie or ss/rs emblems

good find

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #33
2kwik
So anxious.

Drives: Awaiting my 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
That is correct, as far as we know. But think about it...GM doesn't want a pre-production model sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire. Run-flats solve that problem. Can you imagine the heyday the press/blogs/mustang forums would have with shots of a Camaro broken down on the side of the road with a flat tire?
hahaha... but man, they're pretty expensive... maybe there will be an option and hopefully they will have a good bargain for them.... otherwise, it'll be the cheap (but not really) rubber, with a cheap inflatation kit for me...
Old 08-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #34
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
I say they are Brembo brakes. The ones on the white car fill that 20" wheel a lot more than the ones on the Yellow car from the reveal.

LT/RS from the reveal:

White SS with Brembo brakes:

Plus, look at the caliper design.

'Ring car with Brembo brakes:

Close up of white SS with Brembo brakes:

thats because the brakes are bigger on the ss. they are only 2 piston on the v6.

so on the ss models are the mirrors all in black??
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik View Post
BTW can someone tell me what an IVER is plz?
Integration Vehicle Engineering Release

outside of the industry (to most of us enthusiasts) it referred to as a test mule, Preproduction, or a beta car.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #36
Delirio

Drives: A3
I agree... that's definitely an SS.. just the brakes are not the proper St. Brembo's proper color... Front fascia and mail slot are enough to think that's an SS... even the RS logo is missing... considering the halos... Nice options the black side mirrors/lip
Delirio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #37
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It is an SS IVER.
With a V6 fascia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
You're mistaken. That's the SS front end, the bottom lip is a dead giveaway. And there's really no clear shot of the brakes to assess them being Brembo or not.
Why are people so incredibly short? Like they have something to prove? I get we are all very passionate about the car, but please spare the "I know what I'm talking about and you don't": attitude.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #38
tmane'sLtRs
Rs Member

Drives: 2001 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
With a V6 fascia.
Seriously why do you keep saying it has a v6 front end or w.e. Its obviously a v8. You need to read up some more about the difference of each.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #39
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmane'sLtRs View Post
Seriously why do you keep saying it has a v6 front end or w.e. Its obviously a v8. You need to read up some more about the difference of each.
You really have no idea who you're talking to bud, if anyone has spent a fair amount time researching this car and participating in discussions on this forum I'm definitely one of them .That IS the V6 fascia. Plain and simple. It's not that deep fellas, seriously.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #40
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That is without a doubt the SS RS due to the mail slot and the slight bump over the fog lights. It looks glorious.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #41
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
You really have no idea who you're talking to bud, if anyone has spent a fair amount time researching this car and participating in discussions on this forum I'm definitely one of them .That IS the V6 fascia. Plain and simple. It's not that deep fellas, seriously.
Dude! No offense but we had this discussion already in an appropriately named thread: I'm confused.
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #42
Rainman86

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Going to have to dispute you on that, Scotsman. The SS front (I'm guessing that's what you mean by 'fascia') has bulges next to the foglamps, the LS/LT doesn't. The one in this pic has those. Also, the 'mailslot' in front of the hood is only on the SS front.
Rainman86 is offline   Reply With Quote