Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
How to remove halos??

I took the front bumper off today, and disconnected the four bolts that kept the headlights locked in place. Long story short. After that i'm at a complete loss as to how to disconnect the headlight entirely from the car. Seeing as how i have to place my headlight into the oven to dissolve the glue and reseal it after i fix my headlight.

There are wires that have no ends or beginnings. They go into the headlight housing itself and i'm unaware as to what i must do to disconnect these wires. Can anyone post some youtube videos or guides? If these still lack the answers to my questions i'll post some videos and photos of what i'm dealing with tomorrow. PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

No smart ass or trolling comments please. I just need help with my first DIY fix on my car.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
There is only one connector in the headlight to remove to get the halo out with the lens if that is what you need to know.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
marine_142
Mark

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
i found this : not sure if it's what ya want:
marine_142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwestofash View Post
How do i remove that? My headlights are halos/HID's.
Here you go,
Old 07-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
2SSRS@Gen5diy

OK first you have non RS headlights, and the 2 wires you have there are to what ? some after market Halo's in the headlight? all the wires do is power and ground what ever is in the headlight, you can cut or disconnect the wires at the second side, looked like they went to some box.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Sirwestofash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
OK first you have non RS headlights, and the 2 wires you have there are to what ? some after market Halo's in the headlight? all the wires do is power and ground what ever is in the headlight, you can cut or disconnect the wires at the second side, looked like they went to some box.
They go into a controller box because i have color changing halos. Okay. So I can splice the wires and there wouldn't be any problems???? Yeah, I'm aware they are non-rs headlights. I retrofitted them with aftermarket HID's and halos.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Looks like you have color shift halos that plug into a rgb controller. If I remember correctly from when I've done this install, the wires are just wrapped a around a screw in the controller. Loosen and remove.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
Sirwestofash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
Looks like you have color shift halos that plug into a rgb controller. If I remember correctly from when I've done this install, the wires are just wrapped a around a screw in the controller. Loosen and remove.
Okay, but will it affect the headlights when i put the headlight and the wire into the oven at 350 degrees. If the wire is still attached? OR do you guys think it would be fine to splice the wire and just reattach it with some black electrical tape?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
Sirwestofash

bump
Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I wouldn't think the wire would melt in the oven cause it's not in there long enough. My RS headlights have the stock wiring in it when I baked it and they're fine. Heat those bad boys up, split them open, and remove the halos.. or whatever you're trying to do with these.

If you do cut the wire and splice it, it's always a good practice to solder the wires for a good strong connection. Electrical tape doesn't always keep a strong connection for the wires. Speaking from experience... if you can solder, solder.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote