Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-11-2016, 09:27 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Shark Trip - FreeTrip for 2 US Military Veterans Today

Hey all,

Just wanted to share a great story.

I had set up an offshore shark/tuna fishing trip for today about 2 weeks ago with a friend of mine that runs a charter service. As it was a week day, no one I usually fish with could go. I paid for trip in full, and asked if my friend could get word out there were 2 FREE spots for any US Military Veteran that could go and was up for it (offshore sharking/tuna is brutal). We got two great guys.

Perfect weather today, and we got a couple nice blue sharks to start (200 lbs, 220 lbs).

We got hit on a bluefish filet, 20 feet down and water temp right at 68 degrees. No big deal, fish seemed reasonable.......

....then it flashed the boat and as it passed, it was a 250 lb MAKO SHARK. A Mako shark! The white whale of myself and my captain friend, oh my god, what a rare fish up here.

45 minutes later one of the Vets fought it perfect and we had right along side boat. Captain had harpoon and I had tail rope, if I roped it I was NOT letting go.

Harpoon bounced right off the fish, I kid you not! It was unreal.

20 minutes of struggle later, that Mako circled out wide and turned right at the boat. I saw 2 wild head shakes, and the hook came out.

Heartbroken. Just crushed.Crestfallen.

We all got composed, and fished rest of day (13 total blue sharks, best one was 10 feet long, ~350 pounds) and I dragged up 5 keeper haddock and 2 keeper cod for fillets.

Great day even though we did not bag that Mako, but just seeing it was a gift. The two military guys were so happy and had a great time.

Sorry, no pics of the Mako, when one is on, you are busy on deck with other stuff.
Attached Images

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:14 AM   #2
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Very nice, sounds like a hell of a day.

What kinda of a shark is it frank?
I don't know.
I think it's a Mako!
It's a Tiger Shark!

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
That is AWESOME! Sounds like a trip they will never forget! Thanks for your support and kind gestures towards the military folks... I know they appreciate it greatly.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote