Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Fijiannn

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS
2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS Mods?!

Hi, I'm Dewan I'm new here. I'm 18 and I just recently purchased a 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS from my local Chevy dealership. I'm apparently the second owner of this Camaro. The lady that last owned my car now built the car back in 2010 or 2011 and it looks pretty good now but the thing is I want to make it look even better and I want the car to be a lot stronger.

What are some cool mods I can do the car? As of now the engine as all stock parts and the only thing I did on the car was a muffler delete to get some sound out of the car because it used to make no noise at all. It's still not loud enough to my standards. What are your guys recommendations? Below is some of things I want but I want to make the car look badass. Help me out! Thanks in advanced.
  • Tint the windows as legally dark as you can.
  • Get headers for your car (Legal)
  • Get a K&N cold air intake
  • Vertical doors (Lamborghini doors)
  • Supercharger
  • Chips and Tuner
  • Carbon Fiber GT Wing Rear Spoiler (58 inch long and 8 inch height)
  • Gray/Red Racing Strip

Also it's automatic. I have no idea why the lady would do all this too the car and make a car like this automatic. Not saying automatic is bad but most people have told me that stick shift would have been tighter but I just couldn't decline this car when I saw it. It was just that beautiful. How much does it cost to get it switched over to stick?

My Camaro
Fijiannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Krajkerjac

Drives: 2011 SS
For what its worth for this free advice, dont do that spoiler or lambo doors. You may regret it down the road

Id stick with a supercharger off that list

Congratulations on the pick up!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
Fijiannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krajkerjac View Post
For what its worth for this free advice, dont do that spoiler or lambo doors. You may regret it down the road

Id stick with a supercharger off that list

Congratulations on the pick up!!!
Thanks for the advice! Just wondering why do you think I would regret the spoiler or lambo doors in the future? And supercharger is expensive but worth the saving.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
Krajkerjac

Drives: 2011 SS
Like I said, only my opinion

Lambo doors are notorious gor not lining up properly and can cause you headaches
The spoiler just doesnt sound like something you can change your mind easily due to drilling new holes for it

Save your money for the SC...
Old 06-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #5
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiannn View Post
Hi, I'm Dewan I'm new here. I'm 18 and I just recently purchased a 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS from my local Chevy dealership. I'm apparently the second owner of this Camaro. The lady that last owned my car now built the car back in 2010 or 2011 and it looks pretty good now but the thing is I want to make it look even better and I want the car to be a lot stronger.

What are some cool mods I can do the car? As of now the engine as all stock parts and the only thing I did on the car was a muffler delete to get some sound out of the car because it used to make no noise at all. It's still not loud enough to my standards. What are your guys recommendations? Below is some of things I want but I want to make the car look badass. Help me out! Thanks in advanced.
  • Tint the windows as legally dark as you can.
  • Get headers for your car (Legal)
  • Get a K&N cold air intake
  • Vertical doors (Lamborghini doors)
  • Supercharger
  • Chips and Tuner
  • Gray/Red Racing Strip

Also it's automatic. I have no idea why the lady would do all this too the car and make a car like this automatic. Not saying automatic is bad but most people have told me that stick shift would have been tighter but I just couldn't decline this car when I saw it. It was just that beautiful. How much does it cost to get it switched over to stick?

My Camaro
Get a tune, it will change your mind, apparently it wakes the L99 up.
And before I get shot-gunned for not mentioning it... a tune will most likely void your power-train warranty.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
meshamey
Meshamey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / 2014 Camaro ZL1
I have Vertical Doors and have never had any issues with them not lining up. They close perfectly every time.

Get your headers and tune done first since its Automatic, get AFM turned off , if you plan to get super charger, don't waste your money on the K and N.

There are plenty of spoilers that you can get that will use the same bolt holes as stock or use 2 sided tape.

Just my 2 cents, and congrats on the Camaro and welcome to Camaro5

Last edited by meshamey; 06-15-2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: bad spelling
meshamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
For now, I'd go with an intake, headers (being in CA you may have trouble with long tubes and have to go with shorties), a tune, and some suspension mods to lay the groundwork for a supercharger in the future. JDP Tyler lays it out well in this thread. Maybe lower it a little with a decent set of coilovers. Of course, most of these will void your warranty also, FYI. Good luck!
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #8
Fijiannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshamey View Post
I have Vertical Doors and have never had any issues with them not lining up. They close perfectly every time.

Get your headers and tune done first since its Automatic, get AFM turned off , if you plan to get super charger, don't waste your money on the K and N.

There are plenty of spoilers that you can get that will use the same bolt holes as stock or use 2 sided tape.

Just my 2 cents, and congrats on the Camaro and welcome to Camaro5

Wow your Camaro is beautiful! What company did you go with for the vertical doors? And I'll definitely look into getting some headers next and not too sure what tune to buy but I want that also.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
Fijiannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCamaro View Post
For now, I'd go with an intake, headers (being in CA you may have trouble with long tubes and have to go with shorties), a tune, and some suspension mods to lay the groundwork for a supercharger in the future. JDP Tyler lays it out well in this thread. Maybe lower it a little with a decent set of coilovers. Of course, most of these will void your warranty also, FYI. Good luck!
What are some short tube headers and tuner you recommend for my Camaro? And wow coil overs sounds tight. I'll have to look into that.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #10
meshamey
Meshamey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Wow your Camaro is beautiful! What company did you go with for the vertical doors? And I'll definitely look into getting some headers next and not too sure what tune to buy but I want that also.
I bought them from a vendor here on Camaro5 "VerticallyChallenged"
the kit is made by Vertical Doors Inc.
meshamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #11
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
I don't like the muffler deletes. Try to go to a local meet where you can listen to the exhaust that other guys have on their cars and pick what you like best.

Quote:

• Tint the windows as legally dark as you can. - 20% all windows. (not legal, but not dark enough to get harassed.)
  • Get headers for your car (Legal) - Yes. I just ordered Kooks and a full exhaust.
  • Get a K&N cold air intake - I just picked up a CAI brand intake, they had really good reviews. Get one, several are good, just pick what you prefer.
  • Vertical doors (Lamborghini doors) - Please don't...
  • Supercharger - if it's in your budget, go for it, but I'd put it off till you have intake, headers and exhaust. (and a tune.)
  • Chips and Tuner - If you have the headers installed have them do the tune then. (That's what I'm doing hopefully this week!)
  • Carbon Fiber GT Wing Rear Spoiler (58 inch long and 8 inch height) - Uh, please don't...
  • Gray/Red Racing Strip - meh...

Also it's automatic. I have no idea why the lady would do all this too the car and make a car like this automatic. Not saying automatic is bad but most people have told me that stick shift would have been tighter but I just couldn't decline this car when I saw it. It was just that beautiful. How much does it cost to get it switched over to stick? You bought an automatic, just drive it.

My Camaro
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
jman17

Drives: 2011 SS-2/1969 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krajkerjac View Post
Like I said, only my opinion

Lambo doors are notorious gor not lining up properly and can cause you headaches
The spoiler just doesnt sound like something you can change your mind easily due to drilling new holes for it

Save your money for the SC...
We have three sets of Lambo doors in our club, and not one has had an alignment issue.

2011 SS-2 LS3 M6 MODS: P1X ProCharger, Squash dual fuel pumps, ID fuel injectors, Cam: Pat G designed/EPS Ground (228/234 .629”/.629” 114 LSA +4 advance), Lethal Racing ported throttle-body and intake manifold, Kooks 1 7/8” Long Tube Headers, Dynomax Bullet Cat-Back System, Skip Shift Eliminator
jman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #14
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Nice car! Congrats on the purchase and Welcome to Camaro5!

I'll go over a few things below in bold

Quote:

• Tint the windows as legally dark as you can. I suggest going 30% up front and 5% in the rear. The contrast between the front and rear will give the look of being legal, while still being slightly under the limit. (this is what I did on my car)
  • Get headers for your car (Legal) ARH Shorties are really your best option in California
  • Get a K&N cold air intake If going supercharged, go with an intake system that offers upgrade tubes for S/C systems. that way you don't have to buy another intake when the time comes. I suggest Roto-Fab in our case.
  • Vertical doors (Lamborghini doors) Not a fan, but if you like it, go for it..
  • Supercharger Yes, yes and yes
  • Chips and Tuner Get a local dyno tune for best results
  • Gray/Red Racing Strip
  • Suspension! Don't forget the suspension!

The autos are faster and more consistent at the drag strip and swapping to a manual trans would likely cost more than trading the car in for a manual. Live with it IMO

My Camaro
Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, exhaust, mods