Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-20-2016, 11:11 AM   #15
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
but you have a bigger motor and a more efficient blower.
That was on my stock cubed LS3 before I stroked it.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #16
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
I would agree it's in the cam. Also you havnt had the actual car dyno tuned? That's a no no. Get on that. Personally I would not push more boost. Hell I only push 10psi on my LSX.

And if it hasn't been dynod how do you know the HP?

Previous statement get some axles. Get the clutch. Power is no good if you can't use it

McLeod RXT is phenomenal
I don't plan on pushing more boost 10 is enough for me and the motor for now. It was dyno'd just to see what kind of numbers I was putting down. The local dyno here doesn't tuneven modern vehicles, just carbureted cars. The nearest tuner is more than a couple of hours away so I need to make time to do that.

Axles and clutch is next for sure. I've been looking around for clutches and the McLeod is on my list for sure. After I get those installed I'm going to take it to the tuner and see what happens from there. Either way, still a little disappointed with the results.

Prior to the cam, headers, smaller pulley, injectors, and fuel pump, it made 504rwhp.
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #17
Spitfil2e

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Victory Red
Dude I know plenty of Tuners that would run team viewer and tune it for you. Basically you get all the equipment hooked up... then they would be able to do everything over the computer
Spitfil2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:04 PM   #18
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
I'm not sure to be honest, I data logged the car and had a tune written for me. After I get a new clutch installed (it's still stock) I'm going to take and have it dyno tuned and see what happens there.
If you still have your data logs, it will be in there.

Quote:
I don't plan on pushing more boost 10 is enough for me and the motor for now. It was dyno'd just to see what kind of numbers I was putting down. The local dyno here doesn't tuneven modern vehicles, just carbureted cars. The nearest tuner is more than a couple of hours away so I need to make time to do that.

Axles and clutch is next for sure. I've been looking around for clutches and the McLeod is on my list for sure. After I get those installed I'm going to take it to the tuner and see what happens from there. Either way, still a little disappointed with the results.

Prior to the cam, headers, smaller pulley, injectors, and fuel pump, it made 504rwhp.

You can do what I did. I hired a tuner, we data logged and emailed tunes back and fourth. When we were happy with it, I went to my local shop here, and rented an hours worth of dyno time. Then we remote tuned it on the dyno.

Basically anybody can tune your car, as long as you have the software, and time.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
So after a few months of work and tweaking/tuning, I was finally able to get my car on the dyno to see what I was pushing.
My end goal was to be around 650rwhp and stay there until needing to rebuild the motor. My car made 576rwhp and 597rwtq on a dyno jet.

My mods include:
Edelbrock supercharger with the 3"pulley
Rotofab CAI
1 7/8 ARH headers with high flow cats
Stainless works retro chambered catback exhaust
JRE smooth idle blower cam package
ID 850 injectors
JRE fuel line upgrade
ZL1 fuel pump and JRE FPCM
All on my LS3.

My question is, What would I need to do next in order to reach my temporary end goal of 650rwhp or at least be close? I was told my current set up should have at least gotten me pretty close but I didn't even hit the 600rwhp mark.

Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Hello Sam.u.el,

I am sorry you didn't reach your goal but don't get hung up on the numbers I am sure your car is very fast.

There are so many factors that play in the recording accurate dyno numbers what was the ECT, oil temp, and IAT at the start of the run, does the dyno have adequate air supply, what tires are you running, how accurate is the dyno etc.

One of the big limiting factors for you is Octane being that you only have 92.

Your logs look great but it won't take any more than 10 degrees of timing.

I have noticed often the Edelbrock is less tolerant to timing than any of the other superchargers.

Also if your fuel is Non Ethanol that adds to the problem ad Ethanol increases knock threshold and can take more timing.

I am here to support you if you have any questions or want to discuss I will help you reach your goal.

Someone suggested E-85 and that is the ultimate solution for both max power and reliability.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #20
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hello Sam.u.el,

Someone suggested E-85 and that is the ultimate solution for both max power and reliability.

Ted.

Power yes. Reliability idk about that...... Doesn't allow engine to lubricate properly because it burns/runs so dry
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:11 AM   #21
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Power yes. Reliability idk about that...... Doesn't allow engine to lubricate properly because it burns/runs so dry
Have you seen many failures related to this?
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 07-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #22
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Have you seen many failures related to this?

Especially stock engine. It eats the Pistons. Literally
Old 07-21-2016, 10:40 AM   #23
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Is that a joke?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #24
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Is that a joke?
Thats what I was wondering. I don't know of one single person anyware that has had any kind of issue from running corn.

Build thread
Old 07-29-2016, 11:42 AM   #25
sam.u.el

Quote:
Hello Sam.u.el,

I am sorry you didn't reach your goal but don't get hung up on the numbers I am sure your car is very fast.

There are so many factors that play in the recording accurate dyno numbers what was the ECT, oil temp, and IAT at the start of the run, does the dyno have adequate air supply, what tires are you running, how accurate is the dyno etc.

One of the big limiting factors for you is Octane being that you only have 92.

Your logs look great but it won't take any more than 10 degrees of timing.

I have noticed often the Edelbrock is less tolerant to timing than any of the other superchargers.

Also if your fuel is Non Ethanol that adds to the problem ad Ethanol increases knock threshold and can take more timing.

I am here to support you if you have any questions or want to discuss I will help you reach your goal.

Ted.
Thank you Ted! I don't and am not blaming your tuning or parts/suggestions at all!
I had a goal set before moving on to other parts of the vehicle to upgrade and was just disappointed I haven't made that goal yet, especially being nearly topped off on what I could do without rebuilding the motor.

My clutch is finally giving out so I'll be replacing that soon. Aside from E85 (there's only one pump locally that sells it) what could I do next to help reach my goal? Would heads get me there? In the future I plan on stroking the motor to a 416, but would like to work on the suspension before I do that after reaching my goal here.

I appreciate your help and advice!
Old 07-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Thank you Ted! I don't and am not blaming your tuning or parts/suggestions at all!
I had a goal set before moving on to other parts of the vehicle to upgrade and was just disappointed I haven't made that goal yet, especially being nearly topped off on what I could do without rebuilding the motor.

My clutch is finally giving out so I'll be replacing that soon. Aside from E85 (there's only one pump locally that sells it) what could I do next to help reach my goal? Would heads get me there? In the future I plan on stroking the motor to a 416, but would like to work on the suspension before I do that after reaching my goal here.

I appreciate your help and advice!
I seems that even though the numbers are not that impressive the car is really impressive appearant by your failing clutch.

Yes octane or and E-85 conversion would help you reach and potentially exceed your goals with no other changes.

I just finished another Edelbrock supercharger install and tune on an LS2 Corvette 480 RWHP, I was not impressed with the numbers on the dyno but the car is ridiculously fast, this customer has a heavily modified ZL-1 675 RWHP to compare to.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #27
sam.u.el

Quote:
I seems that even though the numbers are not that impressive the car is really impressive appearant by your failing clutch.

Yes octane or and E-85 conversion would help you reach and potentially exceed your goals with no other changes.

I just finished another Edelbrock supercharger install and tune on an LS2 Corvette 480 RWHP, I was not impressed with the numbers on the dyno but the car is ridiculously fast, this customer has a heavily modified ZL-1 675 RWHP to compare to.
So without going the E-85 route, how well would a set of heads help in bumping up the HP a bit?
Old 08-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #28
failshift
Banned

Quote:
So without going the E-85 route, how well would a set of heads help in bumping up the HP a bit?

15hp or so