Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #1
KenBaker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Getting into Vehicle Options after Stereo Swap 2010 Camaro SS

I have a 2010 Camaro SS. I have ordered a PAC Kit to swap the stereo. On the Stock Stereo, you can get into Vehicle Options. One example of things you can set is whether you unlock one door or two when you unlock the car with the Key Fob. There are many other things you can change. Is there any way to change or view any of that after the Aftermarket Stereo is installed?
KenBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no as an aftermarket stereo does not connect to the BCM.

I'm surprised this issue doesn't come up more often with the number of people that switch to after market radios. Unless I'm missing something.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no as an aftermarket stereo does not connect to the BCM.

I'm surprised this issue doesn't come up more often with the number of people that switch to after market radios. Unless I'm missing something.
Some of the aftermarket dash kits needed to install aftermarket radios are able to retain the functionality to change vehicle settings. I have the Scosche 2.0 kit and am able still vehicle settings from the lower touch screens.

But then again, I haven't changed any of the settings since the day I bought the car almost seven years ago. So if the kit couldn't do it, it wasn't a deal breaker.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:29 AM   #4
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
should of bought a maestro idatalink cam1 kit and compatible head unit. look into returning ur pac unit.....if u can’t, don’t research the maestro cuz you’ll just be that much more disappointed.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #5
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
PAC has a module that allows you to change the settings but you basically set it how you want and you’re stuck with those settings unless you reprogram the unit again. Honestly I haven’t had the need to change my settings in the two years I’ve had mine. Give the PAC people a call and they’ll explain it better than I just did.

The Maestro unit just doesn’t look right to me, especially with the exposed USB and other connections on the front. IMO, the PAC looks better integrated than the MyLink.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current

Last edited by Cheap Guy; 06-24-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:38 PM   #6
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
set it how you want it then change the radio it will retain you settings. how often do you change them?
most people set it and forget it.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:22 PM   #7
ccalderon210

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
should of bought a maestro idatalink cam1 kit and compatible head unit. look into returning ur pac unit.....if u can’t, don’t research the maestro cuz you’ll just be that much more disappointed.
Hey there I see you have the idatalink and I was wondering if you could post some pics of your set up? I'm currently looking for an aftermarket stereo so any guidance is much appreciated!
Old 07-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #8
ccutaia

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS,
Cam1 Color Off

I am in the process of sending my IDatalink back because the color is off, brown tint, does not match console.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalderon210 View Post
Hey there I see you have the idatalink and I was wondering if you could post some pics of your set up? I'm currently looking for an aftermarket stereo so any guidance is much appreciated!