Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Wooden Heart

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Retrofitting question

So, last week I retrofitted my non-RS headlights with the Morimoto mini H1's but theres a problem. When my low-beams are engaged, the passenger side won't work and the driver side looks like it is aiming at the ground. I only have high-beams but they too appear to aimed too low. I read up on the alligning the headlights but I guess I messed it up.

Does the projector need to be turned a certain way? I must be missing something on the wiring, but I'm lost as to what.

I plan on contacting TheRetrofitSource in the AM, but I figured I'd get some input from some of the guys on this forum to see what they think.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Heart View Post
So, last week I retrofitted my non-RS headlights with the Morimoto mini H1's but theres a problem. When my low-beams are engaged, the passenger side won't work and the driver side looks like it is aiming at the ground. I only have high-beams but they too appear to aimed too low. I read up on the alligning the headlights but I guess I messed it up.

Does the projector need to be turned a certain way? I must be missing something on the wiring, but I'm lost as to what.

I plan on contacting TheRetrofitSource in the AM, but I figured I'd get some input from some of the guys on this forum to see what they think.
Recheck your wiring and make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Now the driver side projector will aim lower than the passenger side when it's in low beam. It's protect other drivers eyes from the brightness but if the projector is pointing straight down then you forgot to completely snap the reflector back on.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
Wooden Heart

Man, I hope that's not it at all. It was a pain baking that thing and opening it up. It wasn't loose or moving when I put it in. That may be my only option, though. As far as the wiring thing, I have no clue. I double checked and triple checked everything.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
puertoricanfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Heart View Post
Man, I hope that's not it at all. It was a pain baking that thing and opening it up. It wasn't loose or moving when I put it in. That may be my only option, though. As far as the wiring thing, I have no clue. I double checked and triple checked everything.
did you seal it up with silicone? if so you dont need to bake it anymore. One of my shrouds fell off and i used a flat head and carefully wedge it to remove most of the silicone and then just pull it apart. As far as the wiring, if you have pic of how everything is plug in we can help you solve the problem. There are dozens of people here with valuable info and we all be glad to help if you give us something to look at
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
puertoricanfont

now you headlights will have a dip in it when in low beam. The cutoff in the passenger side will be higher than the driver side like in the pic provided but once I put my highs on its like god himself is lighting the street in front of me
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #6
Wooden Heart

Yeah, mine look like that too, but they only shine out about as far as that half yellow line that's in front of your car. At least I know it won't be so bad since I used silicone.

I lined up all wires by colors as far as the ballasts to the projector and the relays. I don't know what's wrong. Like I said I triple checked everything, I guess I'll have to pull everything back off and do it again though. My lights are nowhere near as bright as everyone says they are.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
there is a trick to snapping back in the alignment screw to the housing without having to open the housing again..Locate the factory alignment screw that adjust the light pattern up and down..Remove it like you would a headlight bulb by twisting it out..Once you pull it out you need to make the screw longer..I used a star screw driver on the top of the screw to unscrew the screw to make it longer..Now comes the tricky part..You have to reinstall it the same way you would a bulb but when you try and place it back in it should not go in easily..What you are doing is forcing the screw back into the housing..Push the screw into the housing carefully till u hear a pop..That means the screw went back into the housing and you can adjust from there..If you go to high with the adjusting the screw will pop out again so be careful..I say be careful because in doing this I caused one of my shrouds to fall off and was forced to reopen the lights anyway..PM me if you need any help..I also had to use acouple spacers in my drivers side light because the projector wasnt reflecting high enough..I can show u what I did if you have the same problem asme..
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
Wooden Heart

Thanks man, I'll keep you in mind. If my wiring problem isn't fixed, I may be taking my headlights apart again anyways if it's one of the projectors that aren't working.