Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
AAC lighting why?

I am very displeased with your service completely. You guys were down right rude.

I order a RGB scanner from you guys for my mail slot and on your website it says it comes with a turn signal feature which I thought was very cool. This is why i got this version of the scanner and not the camaro pre-bet/perfect fit one. Once i got the scanner I was looking on the install guide and it said the green wire enables the turn signal.Thats when i realized it had no green wire. So i call you guys and you were trying to prove me wrong that it said nothing about having that feature in your current models. There was 2 videos that said IT STILL CAME WITH THIS FEATURE ON YOUR WEBSITE. You guys are trying to promote a feature that hasn't been in any current model in a long time apperantly. So i wanted an exchange for this model for the other perfect fit one because it was NOT what you guys were saying you were selling.I had to pay for the shipping back and then you guys tell me you cant give me a discount for this inconvience/lie? O and i still have to pay for you guys to ship it back to me! OOOOO Hell no!!! I can honeslty say I WILL NEVER RECOMMENDED YOU GUYS TO ANY OF MY CAMARO FRIENDS DOWN IN SOUTH FLORIDA DO NOT SHOP FOR AAC Lighting!!!!!!
954camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
954camaro

http://youtu.be/vaAaKDIOpp4

2:39 is the turn signal feature

http://youtu.be/prWWLoYmiVE

1:45 is the instructions to tell you were to plug in for the turn signal feature
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Another one bites the dust. That's what you get for buying from AAC. Go check the vendor review section, you're far from the only one they've screwed over. It's really a shame that we can't even trust the vendors within this community.

Good luck getting it resolved. My guess is, Johnathan will ride in here on his white steed and have all sorts of reasons why you're wrong and how AAC did everything in their power to make it right for you. Then you'll get the same few AAC fan boys who will come in here and chastise you for posting an honest review. This is the way of these threads.

Best advice whenever dealing with them, get a refund if at all possible. Find the product somewhere else.

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
family man

Drives: .
ACC has been getting some pretty bad reviews here lately. They better listen up to their customers.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
ACC has been getting some pretty bad reviews here lately. They better listen up to their customers.

it's not lately, it's been happening for 6/7 years, started in the Mopar world with CCFL halo rings for the Chargers, Magnums, and 300s.

if I cared I could link you to several car fires started as a direct result of their faulty CCFL inverters, to 100s of threads of crappy over priced installs, broken parts, and hundreds of other issues.

I myself went thru 7 broken CCFL rings with them on my 300.

problem is people keep buying their over priced chinese made junk and while 1 in 50 looks good, the fan boys jump into the mix and another 50 people get farked over.

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 12-12-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 12-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
3rdgensc

Drives: 88 Camaro Sport Coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to 3rdgensc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Another one bites the dust. That's what you get for buying from AAC. Go check the vendor review section, you're far from the only one they've screwed over. It's really a shame that we can't even trust the vendors within this community.

Good luck getting it resolved. My guess is, Johnathan will ride in here on his white steed and have all sorts of reasons why you're wrong and how AAC did everything in their power to make it right for you. Then you'll get the same few AAC fan boys who will come in here and chastise you for posting an honest review. This is the way of these threads.

Best advice whenever dealing with them, get a refund if at all possible. Find the product somewhere else.
3rdgensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
954camaro

Ya at least I was able to get the refund
Old 12-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
954camaro

Bump
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
Missionboi
SoCal HT5 [COTW: 8/12/13]

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE RS
AAC has the worst service. Got their Halo dual color right when it came out, a few months after i got my car in 2009 and no one wanted to install them. I asked to get a refund about a week later and they said they had no history of me purchasing this product...they were rude and stupid. Cant believe im buying their new side mirrors...I might just ask for my money back if this is going to be another problem with me never purchasing their item lol
Missionboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
I have numerous AAC products on my Camaro and have only ever had one issue. That issue is with the concept mirrors. However, anytime I've had questions or needed help Justin and Matt have always been more than willing to help. Every company has its share of problems, some more than others. It doesn't help that the majority of people will only report negative experiences and the people who have good experiences just go on about their business. I wouldn't hesitate to order from AAC again in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
AAC has the worst service. Got their Halo dual color right when it came out, a few months after i got my car in 2009 and no one wanted to install them. I asked to get a refund about a week later and they said they had no history of me purchasing this product...they were rude and stupid. Cant believe im buying their new side mirrors...I might just ask for my money back if this is going to be another problem with me never purchasing their item lol
I'm with you on that one. I've been holding off on completing my order on them hoping they would get the issues worked out. One member has already had to send his back three times (shipping out of his pocket for some reason). Don't think that's something you should have to do for a set of $600+ mirrors. Contemplating cancelling mine.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Stinks your lights aren't working properly Op, I can sympathize...out of the things I've bought from AAC, footwells, led license plate bulbs, dome/trunk light, and sidemarkers....almost half of what I've purchased have gone bad except for the trunk light and the sidemarkers...now I just got to send my stuff back in.. Woo
Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #14
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
It has been going on for a while, I have a good friend that owns a dodge charger and ordered their RGB halos for his headlamps and since then he has replaced them about once a month it got to the point where he installed the ballast on the outside so he wouldnt have to crack open the headlamps each time to replace the ballast.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote