Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #113
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
This scares me to pieces. My dealer was like, "We don't have an invoice for this car, and we can't understand why." I told them about people on C5 having the same issues. Weird.

Has anyone taken delivery of a car yet? I wonder how long we will be sitting in the waiting line.....strange.

This thread has comforted me somewhat....

I also noticed the VINs are weird. They don't look sequenced. I am not sure how to 'decifer' the last couple of numbers. Anyone else?
Best I can cypher is that Calloway Chris has the earliest build of 1/18. A few more between me and him, then a couple of us at 1/27 build.
No one has reported anything beyond 4B00, so Chris has been sitting for 4 weeks now, why we don't know
It would be nice if GM would let us know what is going on. I'm guessing they want to build an inventory, then cover the country with over 200 verts on the same day.
I WAS fully prepared for a March 15-April 1 delivery, but seeing it sit at ready to ship has me checking the GMConnects website at least 4 times every day, the first one at 5:00 am since I can't sleep any more.

somebody tell us WTF is going on please.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #114
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Quote:
This scares me to pieces. My dealer was like, "We don't have an invoice for this car, and we can't understand why." I told them about people on C5 having the same issues. Weird.

Has anyone taken delivery of a car yet? I wonder how long we will be sitting in the waiting line.....strange.

This thread has comforted me somewhat....

I also noticed the VINs are weird. They don't look sequenced. I am not sure how to 'decifer' the last couple of numbers. Anyone else?
I have no idea whats going on either and its starting to frustrate me... but i know that the last 5 numbers of the VIN is the order that they made your car. They combined all the coupes and convertibles together.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/buying-selling/vin.htm

so u have to look at the 6th digit in your vin to figure out if it is a convertible or a coupe... i dont know why they did it that way... but they did...

but i hope they get this rolling soon.. i think its kinda dumb of chevy to keep releasing new cars and hold back the ones we have already ordered...
Angella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #115
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
I hear you - I've been stuck at 3800 with my VIN since last Monday. If you're correct they have either driven my to Mexico to test it or are rebuilding it piece by piece.

so your car is the one we have been seeing in all the pictures driving around the US!

i hope we get them soon!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #116
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Trade ya'!!!! At least your ready to ship! Im stuck in quality control, which can't possibly be a good thing... either A)- cars fine but they're beating the hell out of it to see if it holds up or B)- There's something wrong w it and they're trying to fix it... either way, im not thrilled with the current situation. Hopin I move to the 4000s Monday..
I really don't want a beat down or refurbished new car!

haha trade? haha no thank you! it almost frustrating to know that my car is sitting 12 hours north of me and i can almost just drive up ther and pick it up myself lol! they told me mine went thru a QC at one point and thats why it wass taking so long for it to be made... well if they are beating up your car still it cant really be a good sign.. i have heard that there are a few HUNDRED camaros sitting in "Bayed"... I cant believe ive been waiting since September and at the last stage im still waiting for it to come!! sigh with it sitting there so long im going to have a brand new car full of cobwebs and lovely spiders and yours might be full of dents...
Old 02-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #117
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctinatx View Post
It looks like the sequence numbers for the convertibles are mixed in with the 2011 coupes.
If you look at the database at http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/ you will notice the convertible sequence numbers are missing from the list.

If you don't have it already, here is a link on how to decode the Camaro VIN.
http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

are you sure that it is only the verts that are missing in the sequence? i was looking thru it trying to find where mine is in the list of vert production and there just seems like tooo many... I know that mine was up there in production and allocation acceptance... and some of the coupes VIN seem to be "discovered" at a later date...
Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #118
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
are you sure that it is only the verts that are missing in the sequence? i was looking thru it trying to find where mine is in the list of vert production and there just seems like tooo many... I know that mine was up there in production and allocation acceptance... and some of the coupes VIN seem to be "discovered" at a later date...

Nope ... I am far from sure that it is just the verts. All I do know is the VINs that we all posted for our verts are missing from the list
Old 02-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #119
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Nope ... I am far from sure that it is just the verts. All I do know is the VINs that we all posted for our verts are missing from the list

Im going through it right now to see if the released verts have been posted. (hendricks and rodgers) i dont understand what the hold up is.. if they got their convertibles already that must mean something is going right...
Old 02-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #120
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I am checking these threads twice a day seeing if anyone has new information regarding delivery or an actual delivery date. I was at the Buffalo auto show this past weekend and asked several dealers then and could not get a straight answer after any of them.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #121
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
I am checking these threads twice a day seeing if anyone has new information regarding delivery or an actual delivery date. I was at the Buffalo auto show this past weekend and asked several dealers then and could not get a straight answer after any of them.
i was reading another thread and someone posted that the GM rep at the showing of the ZL1 that they are releasing the verts to customers on thursday...
Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #122
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
i was reading another thread and someone posted that the GM rep at the showing of the ZL1 that they are releasing the verts to customers on thursday...
Wow, that would be awesome if they release them Thurs., but I"ll believe it when I see it.

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #123
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Wow, that would be awesome if they release them Thurs., but I"ll believe it when I see it.

yes I totally agree! trust me on thursday im going to be all over chevroletconnects to see if my status has changed...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #124
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
It looks like the sequence numbers for the convertibles are mixed in with the 2011 coupes.
If you look at the database at http://camaro.spasticsquirrel.com/ you will notice the convertible sequence numbers are missing from the list.

If you don't have it already, here is a link on how to decode the Camaro VIN.
http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/
Interesting. So, how do we know what number or what order we have? That makes it difficult. I seen the VIN and I was like, what? There is no way? I would love to know if I have one of the first 100. How do we find that out?

Thanks for your links
Old 02-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #125
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Quote:
Interesting. So, how do we know what number or what order we have? That makes it difficult. I seen the VIN and I was like, what? There is no way? I would love to know if I have one of the first 100. How do we find that out?

Thanks for your links
i have been looking thru the website and my vin is 52893 and if ctinatx is right and they only NOT posted camaros then there are over 200 before mine... but im trying to find out where i am in the sequence.. but it is a long task..... what is your vin? if i get to it i can let you know where it might be in the sequence!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #126
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Is there a thread somewhere where yall are posting your VINs? I don't mind posting if everyone else is...but there is no way I am believing it's THAT high of a sequence. I have already been thru this once w/ my first coupe. It was accepted in March of 09, built in April of 09, and then stuck in Area 51 for 61 days while everyone else's was going down the line.

According to GMconnects, mine is at 4B00 as of last weekend. I am DYING to know what is going on, and what the hold up is. I am also curious to know all the other VINs yall have. If I have missed that thread, please direct me there so I can add mine.