Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Eric Skiff

Drives: 2013 2SS 1le NPP
Thumbs down RPI Designs. I should've learned from others mistakes

I ordered splashguards from RPI on June 2nd. A week later my order shows processing. I sent an email. No response. I sent a PM from here. I was told they have to be painted, so it could take 7-10 days. A few days ago I sent another email & PM. No response. I called today at 1:30PM (west coast time) and they are closed. Their website says they are open until 5PM EST. I left a message. I would just order from another vendor, but there's no guarantee RPI would cancel my order. I thought I was through with this BS waiting game after GM finally shipped my 1le (TPW was 4/15/13). It's now been 19 days since I placed my order. I should have read the feedback about this vendor on this thread. I'm beyond being pissed off. What the hell ever happened to customer service?
Eric Skiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
That's sucks ! Sorry to hear that man. As for customer service that went out the window long time ago. Most business is all about the money now. GL !
Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Skiff View Post
I'm beyond being pissed off. What the hell ever happened to customer service?

This is a simple answer to your question. They never had an customer service. They are quick to sell you a product and take your money, but will take forever on your order. Now, I'm good with the idea of take your time and get the job done right, but if so, you better do it right the first time. It took them 4 to 5 weeks to do a custome engine cover for me. Then the clear coat cracked because they didn't prep it correctly for painting. I sent it back and it took another 4 weeks. They never offered to pay for shipping and handling even though it was their fault so that too came out of my pocket. Then come to find out they could salvage the engine cover so they had to throw it away and start new.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
Hi Eric,

I apologize for not being able to take your call yesterday. As many of you know, Don has joined the RPI team for customer service and phone sales. As fate would have it, yesterday Don came to RPI (in Ohio), drove 9 hours from NJ (he answers phones remotely). Don got to the shop around 3:30pm EST yesterday, at which time I turned the phones off for the day. Don and I had hours of one on one training so that we can increase customer service. To be honest this is the ONLY time the phones will be turned off before 5:00pm EST, Monday-Friday.

Eric, I did email you back yesterday and said I was about done with these and they would ship out on Monday. They are shipping out on Monday, I will pay for 2nd day air, so you have on Wednesday. Please check your spam folder.

I did get you PM late on Thursday night while I was on my iPad at home. I copied the PM to my email and sent to myself. First thing Friday morning I emailed you to tell you we were working on them and going to ship them on Monday.

Again, I apologize for not being on the phone after 3:30pm yesterday, it WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. Please check your spam box.

Thank you
Josh
RPI Designs, LLC.
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Eric Skiff

Josh,
I'm not sure why this conversation is on a public board, but ok. I checked my email. Nothing from you. I suppose it could have been deleted from my spam folder, but I'm not sure why it would end up there. I shall keep a close eye on my mail on Wednesday. Hopefully your work is better than your communication.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Skiff View Post
Josh,
I'm not sure why this conversation is on a public board, but ok. I checked my email. Nothing from you. I suppose it could have been deleted from my spam folder, but I'm not sure why it would end up there. I shall keep a close eye on my mail on Wednesday. Hopefully your work is better than your communication.
Hi Eric,

When you posted, I just wanted to make sure the rest of the Camaro World could see that I am concerned about this and that I am making it right. I do apologize you did not get our email - had you, this post would never had been online. At RPI, we are making a real effort for better customer service and communication. I kid you not, ANY other day, you WOULD have and WILL get a live person from 9-5pm at RPI. I'm sure Don will chime in here too. Don is currently on the way back to NJ as we speak.

Thank you again for your order and I am sure you will be happy with the quality.

Your order is shipping 2nd day air via FedEx on Monday.
Thanks
Josh
Owner, RPI
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Well i just ordered the stealth mud guards but I didn't have them painted on Tuesday and could've got them by Thursday but according to the tracking it got here at 5pm do I got it Friday morning that was really fast considering I'm from Alaska

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
RPIDon

Drives: Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RPIDon
Hi Eric, I would like to appologize as well, you caught as at a moment when no one was manning their post. As Josh said earlier on any given day I would be at my desk answering phone calls from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm eastern time. Between all our schedules this past Friday was the only day to make the trip to RPI Designs to see how the manufacturing and designs of the product happens so I have a better understanding to answer customer questions. So if you have any questions or concerns here is my email address don@rpidesigns.com or please give me a call at 888-257-8515 Thanks, Don
RPIDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
RPIDon

Hi rberns, if you can please send me your contact information, I would like to give you a call, I would like to hear what you have to say and help you with the return shipping and handling. Thanks, Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
This is a simple answer to your question. They never had an customer service. They are quick to sell you a product and take your money, but will take forever on your order. Now, I'm good with the idea of take your time and get the job done right, but if so, you better do it right the first time. It took them 4 to 5 weeks to do a custome engine cover for me. Then the clear coat cracked because they didn't prep it correctly for painting. I sent it back and it took another 4 weeks. They never offered to pay for shipping and handling even though it was their fault so that too came out of my pocket. Then come to find out they could salvage the engine cover so they had to throw it away and start new.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDon View Post
Hi rberns, if you can please send me your contact information, I would like to give you a call, I would like to hear what you have to say and help you with the return shipping and handling. Thanks, Don
This happened last spring so its not a current issue. Don, it sounds like you are doing a good job, but as for me the damage has already been done from RPI and I just won't be doing business with RPI again.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #11
RPIDon

I do understand, but if you do change your mind and would like to give us another chance you will see we have changed and we will make it up to you. Thanks, Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
This happened last spring so its not a current issue. Don, it sounds like you are doing a good job, but as for me the damage has already been done from RPI and I just won't be doing business with RPI again.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Eric Skiff

"Shipping out Monday 2nd day air. " It's almost 8 o'clock in the west coast right now and my order still shows "processing" on your website. I really hope the status just wasn't updated for some reason. I'm leaving Saturday to go out of state for a week, so if my parts aren't here by then I have another problem.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #13
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I have nothing to do with RPI designs, but I do want to say we were a customer of Don's at SLP for about 5 years. He always provided us with outstanding service, and I expect he will do the same for you once he gets settled in.

Thanks!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #14
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Last week I ordered Lloyds mats for my 2013 1LE from RPI. Yes, I have read the horror stories, but I received my mats for my 2010 SS in a very timely manner, and if there is a problem, I feel Don will help get the matter resolved.....I hope

Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote