Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #29
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Uh... not for me. I mean, that car is definitely a viable option for somebody but for me it looks like you straight up ruined the car. It's atrocious, disgusting and the design that you came up with is the biggest POS ever.
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #30
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Less is more.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #31
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I like the wheels.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #32
RBD

Drives: 2013 SS/RS Convertible
Yikes !!
RBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #33
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6 View Post
Uh... not for me. I mean, that car is definitely a viable option for somebody but for me it looks like you straight up ruined the car. It's atrocious, disgusting and the design that you came up with is the biggest POS ever.

Put up or shut up, lets see your 5th gen ...
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #34
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
true numbers

Have you dinoed after these parts were put on or are you just guessing. I changed my exhaust and I don't tell people I picked up more hp, because I don't have facts and printout to prove it. Every part says you get more hp but how true is it, makes for a great selling ad.
Also if you changes the exhaust why are there still the big 55 gallon drums sticking out the back?

Last edited by infernoinandout; 03-07-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: forgot key question
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #35
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
Props for trying to make your own custom special editions...... but unfortunately these examples have been poorly executed. The badging has no historical context, and gives a look similar to knock-off women's handbags. The skull is oddly placed and looks like a cheap tattoo, and the bowtie painted on the rear completely ignores the lines of the car. And as previous posters have commented, the chrome has to go.

You all are in terrible need of a designer. Best of luck.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #36
Rickad51

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoinandout View Post
Have you dinoed after these parts were put on or are you just guessing. I changed my exhaust and I don't tell people I picked up more hp, because I don't have facts and printout to prove it. Every part says you get more hp but how true is it, makes for a great selling ad.
Also if you changes the exhaust why are there still the big 55 gallon drums sticking out the back?
Yes we dynoed each stage as we assembled the car. The stock car dynoed at 348.59 HP at rear wheels.

We put on the airaid filter and the max power was 362.04 with no tuning adjustments. We then put on the Halltech yellow jacket system and the max power was 357.35 hp with no tune. However this filter system made upset the cars air/fuel mixture a great deal and we determined that if you are going to run this filter system you really need a retune and at that point it should out perform the airaid system.

We then put on the airaid filter (since this is the filter system that will work best with the suncoast hood) and the SLP headers, crossover pipes, and powerflow exhaust. This combination dynoed out at 393.95 with no retuning.

The SLP 1.85 ratio rocker arm assembly was then installed. The dyno said 405.03 hp at this point with no retuning.

We then did a conservative retune ( don't want to lean the engine out too much just to gain 5 more HP) and the final number was 417.20 HP and 412.61 TQ.

I don't know where you guys come off thinking that I have the stock exhaust on this car. I have more detailed picturs of the exhaust system used on my web site. google radAir cars and you can get to the website. Look under the 2010 Camaro section. We also do some really high performance stuff with Corvettes. Check out those cars also.

Anyone can come up to BIR during one of there HPDE schools and we can do a couple runs on the track and see what you think.
Rickad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #37
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedChef10 View Post
To each is own....If you like it then thats all that matters.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #38
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
The car looks great! I take it you like orange? (LOL) It looks fine. You just cant please everyone, and everyones got different tastes. How did you chrome the DRL surrounds? Thats neat looking. Ive never seen that done before. All in all, Nice ride!
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #39
Rickad51

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeos View Post
Props for trying to make your own custom special editions...... but unfortunately these examples have been poorly executed. The badging has no historical context, and gives a look similar to knock-off women's handbags. The skull is oddly placed and looks like a cheap tattoo, and the bowtie painted on the rear completely ignores the lines of the car. And as previous posters have commented, the chrome has to go.

You all are in terrible need of a designer. Best of luck.
What historical context is there for a SLP ZL575 conversion? We wanted our own badging so we picked Rad Z/38 which we call the next generation Z/28 or a radical version of the Z/28. The side stripes are optional and there were inspired by the Yenko side stripes of old. Our Z-Rod skull figure is an enhanced Corvette Racing Jake figure that is a 3D skull with some real teeth, bowties for eyes, a smoking camshaft in place of a cigar and a mohawk made out of connecting rods. The skull is also optional.

The chrome teatment on the grill is optional and it does look good on some color combinations. Also chrome is retro just like the chrome Foose wheels.

Finally our 575hp version is priced $4000.00 less than the SLP ZL575 and we even put enough clear on the hood and trunk painted racing stripes so that we can sand them down and buff them out so there is no paint ridge. The SLP conversion at our local chevy dealer has ridges in the clear along the racing stripes. We have the magnason supercharger just like the SLP car which comes with a drivetrain warantee of 3 years or 36,00 miles from Magnason.
Rickad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #40
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I think I just threw up in my mouth a lit---no, a lot. You should be imprisoned for this, lol.

But to each his own. I don't want to meet the people that are paying you to do this to their cars.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:18 PM   #41
Waco
Layla

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I think I just threw up in my mouth a lit---no, a lot. You should be imprisoned for this, lol.

But to each his own. I don't want to meet the people that are paying you to do this to their cars.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #42
camarojoe

Drives: 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickad51 View Post
What historical context is there for a SLP ZL575 conversion?

Finally our 575hp version is priced $4000.00 less than the SLP ZL575 and we even put enough clear on the hood and trunk painted racing stripes so that we can sand them down and buff them out so there is no paint ridge. The SLP conversion at our local chevy dealer has ridges in the clear along the racing stripes. We have the magnason supercharger just like the SLP car which comes with a drivetrain warantee of 3 years or 36,00 miles from Magnason.
SLP has ties with GM and it's a licenced GM package. Plus SLP cars will hold their value due to this. $4,000 less than SLP is not a lot, considering dealers have been selling SLP cars for $4000 or $5000 less than invoice.

I'd honestly take a SLP hands down. To each their own, but it's way overdone and the Z/38 naming is pretty cheesy.
camarojoe is offline   Reply With Quote